Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2016 11:22:26 PM EDT
A little over an hour ago we went outside to meet my oldest son at Alamo Draft House in KC....

WHERE'S THE FUCKING CAR?

Well, the wife left it unlocked. As too the key???? We have a crap load of keys.

Two blocks from here a dirt bag escaped custody, AND a vehicle was involved in a hit & run several blocks from here. No word on the vehicle description.

It's not like a non descript vehicle, 2011 Scion Xb in Voodoo Blue (they only built 2000 worldwide in that color)

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks.

Hopefully they don't trash it or crash it before it is recovered.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
(CoC violation)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Shitty. Update?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucks.

View Quote

Actually you hope they do crash it, total it or its not recovered.  You don't want stolen cars back, ever.

Picture handing your car over to the evil clones of Bo and Luke Duke.  I wouldn't want it back, like at all.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you saying she left the keys in it? Any word on it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet a juvenile officer stole it
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

She CLAIMS her purse fell over and a spare key must have fallen out

Quoted:
Quoted:
That sucks.

Actually you hope they do crash it, total it or its not recovered.  You don't want stolen cars back, ever.

Picture handing your car over to the evil clones of Bo and Luke Duke.  I wouldn't want it back, like at all.

I agree, but St. Joseph P.D. found it a little while ago.

They swabbed ME for DNA stating "it's so we can rule your DNA out."

Uh huh, it's so they can get more DNA info into CODIS
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
That sucks.

Why did you give them DNA for a stolen car?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
DNA....for a stolen auto. WTF is going on in St Joe.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Stole a Scion Xb?  Well, at least you know they're not going to be involved in a high speed chase
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stole a Scion Xb?  Well, at least you know they're not going to be involved in a high speed chase
View Quote

LOL, didn't those Toyotas have some issues a while back with gas pedals?  Given enough time, it may bust a 3 digit speed!  
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LOL, didn't those Toyotas have some issues a while back with gas pedals?  Given enough time, it may bust a 3 digit speed!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe with the help of a long downhill, and a tail wind.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way it will see triple digits is off of a TALL cliff.

The last thing I need is a FAST car. I haven't driven my 1996 Impala SS since I was using it as a Patrol/Pursuit vehicle. Way too much temptation that I can't resist. When you're driving a vehicle that has over $3,000 in suspension upgrades, $2,000 in brake upgrades, AND will do OVER 160 mph. Well.......

To give you an idea how I drove it, the last set of 275/40-17's lasted 10,000 miles
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
That sucks.

You need some more tinfoil
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#15]
DNA swab?

Lol..  Screw that bs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#16]
The ONLY time I ever requested DNA was on a homcide investigation.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure where you worked but if you were driving your own car I'm guess somewhere either rural or broke or both. (No offense just saying resources aren't always there and DNA is expensive and requires access to a crime lab. )

It's pretty common practice on the east side of the state. We do DNA on property crimes all the time.

Stolen cars (as in sure you know) are used for robberies, murders, carjackings, and other such violent crimes. All
About connecting the dots.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not sure where you worked but if you were driving your own car I'm guess somewhere either rural or broke or both.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure where you worked but if you were driving your own car I'm guess somewhere either rural or broke or both.

Both.

But it was kind of nice.

I was running a highly modified 1996 Impala SS, eeke was running a 2002 Camaro SLP SS.

Getting away from us was exceedingly rare.

Back then, pursuits weren't as taboo as they are today.

DAMN, I miss "the good old days"
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not sure where you worked but if you were driving your own car I'm guess somewhere either rural or broke or both. (No offense just saying resources aren't always there and DNA is expensive and requires access to a crime lab. )

It's pretty common practice on the east side of the state. We do DNA on property crimes all the time.

Stolen cars (as in sure you know) are used for robberies, murders, carjackings, and other such violent crimes. All
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ask for DNA from the victim of a property crime?

And people willingly give it??  
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does anybody know how much it might cost for a DNA analysis? Just wondering. I'm sure with today's tech it's probably getting cheap. Hell I can send a blood sample to some company online for $99 and get all kinds of family origin info [BD
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#22]
DELETEED
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  County lab will now accept DNA for a car clouting if something of significance is taken
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Hope it wasn't Dirty Mike and the Boys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1j4mK6cs_A
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I was running a highly modified 1996 Impala SS, eeke was running a 2002 Camaro SLP SS.
View Quote

4200+ pounds and maybe 320hp, I'd take those odds at getting away any day.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:43:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Had some tweaker assholes(who else does shit like that?) cut the roof on my wife's convertible last summer while sitting on the boat ramp of a Bourbeuse river access. We were down at the water ~75 yards away when it happened.  Took her purse, wallet with the nursing credentials, fishing, driver, and radio license stuff.  They threw the library card on the side of the road.  They also left the pocket knife they used to cut the roof in the passenger's seat.

County cop takes 3 hours to arrive(they had an active shooter or barricaded shooter situation that day). He picks up the knife and puts it in his shirt pocket. No glove, nothing. Said, "We probably won't be able to get anything off this, just so you know."

Thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closer to 400hp.

Two Yamaha crotch rockets thought they could, one wound up 10-50J2, the other under arrest. At 140 mph they decided we could go through the corners quicker than they could.

Oh, and if mine couldn't catch them, eeke in his 2002 Camaro SS SLP Package could.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Closer to 400hp.

Two Yamaha crotch rockets thought they could, one wound up 10-50J2, the other under arrest. At 140 mph they decided we could go through the corners quicker than they could.

Oh, and if mine couldn't catch them, eeke in his 2002 Camaro SS SLP Package could.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closer to 400hp.

Yeah 400 seems a closer number and even that is pretty easy to get out of a LS1.

Of course though if a car is beating a sport bike through the corners, the rider is not much of one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah 400 seems a closer number and even that is pretty easy to get out of a LS1.

Of course though if a car is beating a sport bike through the corners, the rider is not much of one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closer to 400hp.

A couple of things you need to keep in mind.

Rural Highway, grass, dust, gravel, no perfect pavement, NO banking, etc.

Crotch rocket, with very little contact to the pavement vs. 4,200 lb vehicle with 275/40-17 W rated STICKY ASS tires and beefed up suspension.

I win!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closer to 400hp.

'96 Impala SS had LT1's, not LS1's ... 320hp is being optimistic.  They were 260 in factory trim, and not much gains to be had.  Hell, the Callaway forced induction only got the car to 400 flywheel.  

I'd wager your police Impala SS ran mid 15's in the 1/4.

Sorry for the tangent
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:00:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

'96 Impala SS had LT1's, not LS1's ... 320hp is being optimistic.  They were 260 in factory trim, and not much gains to be had.  Hell, the Callaway forced induction only got the car to 400 flywheel.  

Sorry for the tangent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closer to 400hp.

Sorry for the tangent

Typical factory stock times were mid-15's.

I would wager low 14's, I could LIGHT 315/35-17's. And yes, it's an LT1 (LT4?) quite a bit was done except forced induction. The factory LT4 corvette engine was 330 hp and the ONLY difference was the cam & heads.

You'd be surprised what different heads, cam, and a reprogrammed OBD-1 computer will do.

When I was hanging out on the impalass board, we had a member who went by miamispd. His ImpalaSS was turning LOW 10's! We had another member, autocrosser who could pull OVER 1 g on a skid pad.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I would wager low 14's, I could LIGHT 315/35-17's. And yes, it's an LT1 (LT4?) quite a bit was done except forced induction. The factory LT4 corvette engine was 330 hp and the ONLY difference was the cam & heads.

You'd be surprised what different heads, cam, and a reprogrammed OBD-1 computer will do.

When I was hanging out on the impalass board, we had a member who went by miamispd. His ImpalaSS was turning LOW 10's! We had another member, autocrosser who could pull OVER 1 g on a skid pad.
View Quote

Now that we've switched to the tangent ...

I worked at Gateway for a few years, so have seen what every car imaginable runs in the real World.  Stock Impala SS's were typically low 16's, ones with ALL the bolt on and street tires ran low 15's.  Occasionally one would break barely into the 14's.  The LT1 being a bastard motor doesn't have nearly the aftermarket of the LS1.  Low 14's could be possible with drag radials, changing the rear end gearing, and stall speed.  But only then with a perfect run that I never saw happen in the real World.  

They're just heavy pigs.  1 G skid pad?  I guess anything is possible, on the internet.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I worked at Gateway for a few years, so have seen what every car imaginable runs in the real World.  Stock Impala SS's were typically low 16's, ones with ALL the bolt on and street tires ran low 15's.  Occasionally one would break barely into the 14's.  The LT1 being a bastard motor doesn't have nearly the aftermarket of the LS1.  Low 14's could be possible with drag radials, changing the rear end gearing, and stall speed.  But only then with a perfect run that I never saw happen in the real World.  

They're just heavy pigs.  1 G skid pad?  I guess anything is possible, on the internet.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PRETTY MUCH VERIFIED! He got a "wild hair" and asked the San Diego BMW club if he could enter their annual autocross event. After they finished laughing they responded "sure".

He was running against...

M3's
M5's
And a couple of M1's

Out of 77 vehicles entered (76 BMW's & 1 4,200 lb Chevy) he took third!

He posted a link to the results.

Next year they had a statement on their we site...NO non-BMW vehicles allowed!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closer to 400hp.

If I thought a slow ass impala or camaro was going to catch me I'd probably just ride off a cliff.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I worked at Gateway for a few years, snipitty, snip, snip... I guess anything is possible, on the internet.  
View Quote

Is Gateway still going?  My local club ran nostalgia drags there for a year or two after Wentzville shut down, then moved to KCIR.  

One of our guys had an Im-pah-lah that would run 14's, but it weren't no LT1, and he was spraying enough that every run was just a countdown to a kaboom!
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#37]
What kind of department lets you use your own car? Let alone an Impala and a Camaro.    The liability issues are endless.  

Shit!   Even Roscoe and Enis got patrol cars?!?!  

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What kind of department lets you use your own car? Let alone an Impala and a Camaro.    The liability issues are endless.  

Shit!   Even Roscoe and Enis got patrol cars?!?!  

View Quote

Hell, Honolulu has what is refered to as "Blue Light Specials" LINK

I remember an article years ago about Officers in Honolulu using their monthly stipend to purchase....

Hemi Cuda's
Chevelle SS 454's
Mustang Boss 429's
Etc.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm curious though.   What department in Missouri was this?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

The HUGE Village of Union Star, MO
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine was actually an ex Florida Highway pursuit vehicle with 60,000 that they sold off with only the lights removed

Then had all the SLP stuff added -- air induction hood , ram air intake and computer chip

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mine was actually an ex Florida Highway pursuit vehicle with 60,000 that they sold off with only the lights removed

Then had all the SLP stuff added -- air induction hood , ram air intake and computer chip

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And, trust me....it was FAST!!!

I was following eeke one evening going after a vehicle, this was right after he purchased the Camaro.

At 60 mph, he figured he could floor it. NOT! He lit the rear tires at 60!
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 11:50:08 PM EDT
[#44]
LT1s had a HUGE aftermarket support system from 1993 to around 2002 when the LS1 finally took over completely as king of the street (took a while for enough of them to get on the road and track to convince the LT1s guys to trade up.  Plus good ole depreciation / cost factor too).

LT1 Z28s with just headers, a hot cam and 4.10 gears would run a 12,9 all day long.  Saw 3 cars do this all modded the same way back in 1997.  Now an impala of course is heavier at 4,000lbs vs. 3400 for a Z28 so it of course will be about 1/2 second slower.  Side note a 2015 ZL1 Camaro is 4100lbs  in STL we had the G.R.A.I.L. club and let me tell you those guys had some FAST impalas.  Head / cam / headers would put those things in the low 14s.

Pursuit - what was done to yours?  

Looks like Eeke had a B4C with a SS hood.  What else was done to that one?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#45]
SLP hood with actual ram air induction
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top