Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2016 11:25:52 AM EDT
I really prefer drop-in triggers, but the Timney and Wilson Combat TTU triggers are so damn expensive.

So yesterday I ordered one of the Rise 3.5 lb. drop-in triggers for just under $105.00 shipped.

Hoping its at least CLOSE to the more expensive triggers.

UPDATE:

Well I got it.

I DID recommend the Rock River for a "budget" trigger. Now I'm going to be recommending the Rise RA-140!

All I can say is....For $100.00 WOW!

It's not a Wilson Combat TTU or a Timney, but for the money it's increadable!

I do recommend using Spike's Tactical KNS pins (they offer a set that has the trigger & hammer pins Melonited), using the KNS pins means you don't have to CRANK the two set screws down very hard, that means a lighter trigger pull.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I checked one at a match.  It was ok.  A little bit of creep.  Depends on what you are used to.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I checked one at a match.  It was ok.  A little bit of creep.  Depends on what you are used to.
View Quote

Timney and Wilson.

But I can put up with quite a bit for LESS than half price of the others. Besides, this isn't going on my primary AR.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not a bad trigger.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
It's no Wilson, but they're worth the $99.  Break is clean, reset is on the shorter side and pretty crisp, just a bit of takeup.  A lot of companies take that same trigger and brand it as theirs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I imagine that its similar to the black rain I had and if that's so then it will be a good trigger.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I imagine that its similar to the black rain I had and if that's so then it will be a good trigger.
View Quote

I've seen posts stating they produced the trigger for Black Rain.

This one after I check it out will probably wind up residing in a completed 80% lower.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:00:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Where are you finding these for $99.00 ?
 Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:40:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where are you finding these for $99.00 ?
 Thanks
View Quote

When you add it to your cart....LINK
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
why a drop in instead of something like a MBT-2 or SSA?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I prefer the simplicity of the drop in units.

I absolutely REFUSE to use a Gisselle trigger because of the RABID fanboys and Gisselle stating that KNS pins are "soft". I'm running KNS pins on all of my AR's with no issues, I am using the KNS pins that Spike's Tactical sells. Spike's has theirs Melonited.

Members who have both the Gisselle and Wilson Combat TTU have stated that the Wilson is better, not by much but still better!

If they weren't so damn expensive I'd run Wilson Combat TTU's on everything.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I just put a Velocity drop in on my prairie dog rifle. Very impressed for the price. I'd like it a hair lighter (it's spec'd for 3.5#) but the break is clean and reset is good.

ETA: you're not too far away from me if I remember right. I'd be happy to meet at a range and bring the Velocity, RRA 2-stage, and Larue 2-stage for comparison sake.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Black Rain, it breaks crisp and it's fast, I like it a lot.  I use KNS pins with it as well, only put 200 or so rounds down range with it so time will tell.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just put a Velocity drop in on my prairie dog rifle. Very impressed for the price. I'd like it a hair lighter (it's spec'd for 3.5#) but the break is clean and reset is good.

ETA: you're not too far away from me if I remember right. I'd be happy to meet at a range and bring the Velocity, RRA 2-stage, and Larue 2-stage for comparison sake.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Cool, I'm thinking of planning another MOHTF shoot when it warms up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Ya I really didn't see the fanboys until larye got thier trigger out.  Also I thought that he said the kns pins were too hard, not soft.  Either way I don't use them and never have needed them.

I have always just used non drop ins.  They aren't hard to install, replacement springs are easy to get, and they are harder to jam up.  See a few pics with timmey's that have had primers stick in them so bad that uses had to send them back to the manufacturer to get fixed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Eazenuts runs an rise rifle for 3 gunning. I imagine it has the trigger. I'll send him a copy of this thread.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I shoot for Rise Armament, but run their higher end trigger. I got to play with one of the triggers in question at Shot Show and will have 1-2 in hand to play with before long. For the price, it's going to be awefully hard to beat. It's meant as an easy to drop in replacement for milspec triggers that will not break the bank.

The reset is short, pull is lighter, and while it does have a smidge of creep the break is clean. The jump up (2.5x the price) to what i am shooting for competition has all of those qualities with a lighter pull, STUPID short reset, and even better looks.

In my safe now, I have geisselle, AR-Gold, Timney, mil-spec, POF, and Rise triggers. Depending upon the purpose of the gun, they all have their upsides and downsides, but my Rise triggers shine a little brighter when next to the others. I'm sponsored to shoot their rifles, and can use the triggers and comps I prefer. I'm using their trigger by choice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I shoot for Rise Armament, but run their higher end trigger. I got to play with one of the triggers in question at Shot Show and will have 1-2 in hand to play with before long. For the price, it's going to be awefully hard to beat. It's meant as an easy to drop in replacement for milspec triggers that will not break the bank.

The reset is short, pull is lighter, and while it does have a smidge of creep the break is clean. The jump up (2.5x the price) to what i am shooting for competition has all of those qualities with a lighter pull, STUPID short reset, and even better looks.

In my safe now, I have geisselle, AR-Gold, Timney, mil-spec, POF, and Rise triggers. Depending upon the purpose of the gun, they all have their upsides and downsides, but my Rise triggers shine a little brighter when next to the others. I'm sponsored to shoot their rifles, and can use the triggers and comps I prefer. I'm using their trigger by choice.
View Quote

I PREFER the Wilson Combat TTU for a couple of reasons but the price is ridiculous.

Very short reset
Very crisp, light pull
Secondary sear for in case the rifle is bumped or dropped it won't discharge.
AND, its a "drop in"

I have several "rack" AR's that are waiting on triggers and I can't afford TTU's in all of them and I detest the G.I. Trigger! Plus I HATE installing G.I. triggers and hammers.

Sounds like there are going to be several Rise RA-140 triggers in my future.

Everyone, thanks for the comments.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I see no reason not to get a Geissele SSA or at least G2S
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll quote myself...

Quoted:
Quoted:

I absolutely REFUSE to use a Gisselle trigger because of the RABID fanboys and Gisselle stating that KNS pins are "soft". I'm running KNS pins on all of my AR's with no issues, I am using the KNS pins that Spike's Tactical sells. Spike's has theirs Melonited.

Members who have both the Gisselle and Wilson Combat TTU have stated that the Wilson is better, not by much but still better!

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's ridiculous reasoning for why not to buy a G trigger.  

I agree, TTU triggers are the best on the market today, but G stuff is pretty fantastic as well.  I have one or two of (just about) every G trigger made, some like the SD-3G and Hi-Speed have to be felt to be understood.  That's not to say they're the best, but they're certainly unique.  

And buy an Elf too while you're at it, oh and a Hiperfire
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top