Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2016 10:00:04 PM EDT
Anyone have one? Does anybody deer hunt with it? If so how did it workout? Ok <100 yards. Trying to decide if I need one of these or not?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Anyone have one? Does anybody deer hunt with it? If so how did it workout? Ok <100 yards. Trying to decide if I need one of these or not?
View Quote
Not a pistol, but I have used my 8.2" .300BLK on several deer in MO.  All shots have been between 40-120yds as I mostly hunt in wooded areas.  Barnes Vortx 120gr. rounds have worked extremely well.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is 3 shots, 3 kills now.  All 3 shots were inside 70 yards.  2 dropped where they stood, 1 made it 30 yards.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I built one strictly to use during the Alternative season.   They work great.

P.S.  No Sig Braces were shouldered in the making of this post.    

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Just built one for Alt season as well.

Just got my dies today as a matter of fact.

I had a hard time deciding on 300 or 6.8 (which I currently use during rifle season) but figured Id give it a whirl.  I have a 556 pistol upper but I normally run a 22 conversion in it, thee 556 is just one of those just incase options.  I like the idea of having a bit more capacity in my "pistol" when traveling ;)

Where I hunt, a shot past 50-70 yds is impossible anyway.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one. If I'd had a suppressor on it, it would have been a contact shot. 125 grain OTM from Wal-Mart. They expanded in water jugs, and it was the only ammo I could get before the season started. It expanded and penetrated through.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Jeremy I like that set up. I'll probably pass on the sig brace but might do the kak blade.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Jeremy I like that set up. I'll probably pass on the sig brace but might do the kak blade.
View Quote

It was all built on the cheap.   Barrel, upper, HG & "knock off" pig came from MAS defense. LPK & pistol tube are Palmetto. Anderson lower and Rock River bcg.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/starvinpilgrim/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsydukybbn.jpeg
View Quote

LOL.....good one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/starvinpilgrim/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsydukybbn.jpeg
View Quote

What scope is that???

I'm looking at a 1-4 or 1-6 thats not going to break the bank...

So far I've looked at a few vortex, a Burris or two and a P.A.s or two....  

I like that the BDC reticle in the P.A. is designed for .300 Blk, both Super and Sub, but I can't stand the Chevron...  Much prefer a dot...

Thoughts???

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#10]
It's an old Primary Arms.  I'm going to upgrade it to a Burris sometime this summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top