Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2015 1:09:20 PM EDT
I'm trying to think of a way we could all communicate with each other in a more private manor. I had a bit of a wtf moment a moment ago with a student applying for CCW in another county. Everything worked out fine but it would be nice if we had our own local forum where we could communicate.

I'm thinking a private Facebook group might be a good idea. Any opinions? If so, would somebody like the take the lead and set something up?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually just air my dirty laundry here. Seems to help the blood pressure.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to belong to a FB group of Mo instructors, but it developed alot of derp and copious amounts herpa.

Mocarry used to see a lot of traffic but I haven't been on there in a year or so.

So now I just ask questions to a couple instructors that I've worked with or trained under.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Checking in....  What do I win?  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to belong to a FB group of Mo instructors, but it developed alot of derp and copious amounts herpa.

Mocarry used to see a lot of traffic but I haven't been on there in a year or so.

So now I just ask questions to a couple instructors that I've worked with or trained under.
View Quote

Pretty much the same for me really.

The Facebook group, like you said, was more than and I couldn't take it anymore.

MOCarry has 2-3 guys posting links everyday to the extreme rightwing rag articles and citing the latest Billery, Obummer, Killery, Dummycraps, etc taglines, but no shooting or carry discussions. That place has went to total shit.

Even any instructor forums have people chest-bumping, thinking their interpretation is the only possible way it can be and anyone that thinks different is an idiot.

Pretty sad out there right now honestly.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe we could do a group of just us MOHT guys then and avoid the bullshit.

I remember MO Carry! lol. I never really frequented the site though.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Badda Bing, Badda Boom!

What's up buttercup?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Badda Bing, Badda Boom!

What's up buttercup?
View Quote

Speak of the devil.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Here.....

Not a facebooker though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Checking in.  Don't teach much, full time job and job-related classes a couple of weekends a month, plus sharing custody of my children.  Few times a year I'll put on a class.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Speak of the devil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Badda Bing, Badda Boom!

What's up buttercup?

Speak of the devil.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I like to play instructor online
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Here
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Here. Don't teach much either, lots of travel for work keeps me pretty busy, still keep my status active though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I just do a few classes a year.  Most of the questions that I come across are covered here on the HTF.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I can wipe my own butt!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doubtful...  
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd argue this....

So as we wrap up 2015.... did everybody hit their goal? Do you look to expand in 2016? How many students do you hope to have?

I'm hoping to have 300 students in 2016. I'm going to start venturing out into more advanced handgun classes. I had roughly 250 ccw students this year. Barring constitutional carry I don't see it weakening. ISIS helps People are waking up. Small town MO is awakening.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Checking in..
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Here
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh man, I've never hung out with the popular kids before!
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll be the judge of that.

Wait! Wut! Oh shit it's a poop thread now.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#22]
First class in my shop 'classroom' today.  8 students.  People are coming out of the woodwork asking for the class.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
First class in my shop 'classroom' today.  8 students.  People are coming out of the woodwork asking for the class.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll check in too. I've only done a handful of classes for family and close friends, but plan to expand over the next couple months. I've also had quite a few come "out of the wood work" asking for classes.

To top it off, I finally got the ok from the boss lady for a small back yard range Going to be a good 2016.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Checking in, is my room clean yet? I need to get some sleep.

I've seen an increase in students also, I do a class every month and enrollment has gone up. I'm also an NRA Training Counselor so I'm training your competition.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Oh man, I've never hung out with the popular kids before!
View Quote

You're still not...

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#27]
On a serious note, I've got zero time and lack the location to hold a class that would be a step up from the CCW class.  I've got a lot of students going through right now and many of them are asking for more of a defensive pistol type course to follow up with.  Anyone have some recommendations and costs?  I'd be more than happy to pass the info along to the attendees.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
On a serious note, I've got zero time and lack the location to hold a class that would be a step up from the CCW class.  I've got a lot of students going through right now and many of them are asking for more of a defensive pistol type course to follow up with.  Anyone have some recommendations and costs?  I'd be more than happy to pass the info along to the attendees.

Thanks
View Quote

We've kicked the idea around for our range. Haven't figured out a good way to screen potential attendees, to get students who are of similar skill level together.

Sure can't rely on asking them their skill level

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
We've kicked the idea around for our range. Haven't figured out a good way to screen potential attendees, to get students who are of similar skill level together.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

It would definitely be tough considering that I have had several students that have barely even shot a handgun before the course.   I would think you would have to start with a very basic beginner course to identify those people.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It would definitely be tough considering that I have had several students that have barely even shot a handgun before the course.   I would think you would have to start with a very basic beginner course to identify those people.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

HA HA we ask at the beginning of every class , what is your  experience?  Hardly ever does anyone claim they haven't got much.  SURE shows when we hit the range
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

A warm up drill to start the course is a good way to start. Start them unholstered, high ready, target I'd warmup.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I think I might be able to send a few folks your way as well if you ever tried it.  IIRC, haven't some HTF folks taken courses at Assemetric Solutions around Rosebud?  I've told a few students about them, but I think it was too far away to build any real interest.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Thar would be Armed Missouri west of Rosebud.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Have any of you guys been told to start putting your MO Sheriffs Assc instructor ID number on your students completion forms? Platte Co requested that we start writing it on the form somewhere.

I'm going to start putting it on all my forms, just curious if any other counties have asked instructors to do this?

Hell yes people have been crawling out of the woodwork for CCW classes. I slowed way down doing classes over the last year but I'm about to ramp it up again. I'll be referring people to some of you guys. I don't do weekend classes and thats what most people are looking for.

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Have any of you guys been told to start putting your MO Sheriffs Assc instructor ID number on your students completion forms? Platte Co requested that we start writing it on the form somewhere.

I'm going to start putting it on all my forms, just curious if any other counties have asked instructors to do this?

Hell yes people have been crawling out of the woodwork for CCW classes. I slowed way down doing classes over the last year but I'm about to ramp it up again. I'll be referring people to some of you guys. I don't do weekend classes and thats what most people are looking for.

View Quote

Nope...  I don't have a Sheriff I.D. number and I have never had a student get rejected.  Most of my students are from St. Louis, St. Charles and Jefferson counties with a few from Lincoln or Warren.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I've always put my instructor number on the forms.
I might have 70 students in January
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top