Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2015 8:32:50 PM EDT
We are planning a Memorial Shoot for Grin on Saturday December 5, to give him a "21 gun type-salute" sendoff with more than 21 guns and spread his ashes.

I have reservations from the Wellsville Lake MODC Gun Range for 2 hours from 10 am to 12 noon, although as a community, we can be there longer if we choose, we just cannot refuse to let others in (no problem).

This is an outdoor gun range with no restroom facilities, so please dress accordingly.  

I would appreciate RSVP from anyone planning to attent, as I would like to hvae an idea how many will be there.

Thanks,

Carla
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We are trying to plan a Memorial Shoot for Grin on Saturday December 5, to give him a "21 (or more) gun salute" sendoff and spread his ashes.

Any ideas?
View Quote

Where would this take place?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are trying to plan a Memorial Shoot for Grin on Saturday December 5, to give him a "21 (or more) gun salute" sendoff and spread his ashes.

Any ideas?

Yep. Where?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Wellsville, MO  shooting range, his favorite place to work his guns out
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Count me in ,just post when and where I  will be there
bigalcar
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Put me on the list.  Are you thinking weekend or weekday?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Saturday December 5.

I've never arranged something like this, so some assistance would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Carla,
Here is the contact number for the Wellsville Lake MODC range.  573-254-3330  I believe you can reserve the range for a group activity.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I am in, so sorry for your loss..........
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#9]
thank you,. as I said, Im not very good with this stuff.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Please check the first post, as I have edited and changed more information.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#11]
RSVP:

I will be there.  I'm not familiar with that range.  Should I bring stuff to shoot at?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Wellsville Lake Conservation area is located west of Wellsville in Montgomery county.  Wellsville is on MO Hwy 19 north of I-70.

As you are driving through Wellsville, a small sign directs you to the range.

Driving Directions
From Wellsville, take Highway 19 south, then County Road 21 south 1.50 miles, and County Road 27 west 0.25 mile.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#14]
RSVP

Here is link to the MODC web page for the range.  
link

I live 5 miles from the range if anyone needs anything.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I will be there.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#16]
It wouldn't hurt to bring stuff to shoot at.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 2:34:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I plan on being there.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 4:04:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
I would suggest bringing paper targets and large paper binder clips to hang the targets on the belting.  All targets must be affixed to the provided belting/target holders.

Do not bring other stuff to shoot at such as bottles, containers, computers, TVs etc.  My father was an Agent for 30+ years, and one of the most ticketed offenses was for violations on the ranges.  People would bring all sorts of crap and dump out to shoot at and would then leave as trash on the range.  That and the ricochets caused by shooting at stuff on the ground as opposed to shooting into a backstop were big problems at the public MDC ranges.

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would suggest bringing paper targets and large paper binder clips to hang the targets on the belting.  All targets must be affixed to the provided belting/target holders.

Do not bring other stuff to shoot at such as bottles, containers, computers, TVs etc.  My father was an Agent for 30+ years, and one of the most ticketed offenses was for violations on the ranges.  People would bring all sorts of crap and dump out to shoot at and would then leave as trash on the range.  That and the ricochets caused by shooting at stuff on the ground as opposed to shooting into a backstop were big problems at the public MDC ranges.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Egg-cell-ent.  I'm guessing that five pound jars of Tannerite and propane cylinders would not be looked upon favorably?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Egg-cell-ent.  I'm guessing that five pound jars of Tannerite and propane cylinders would not be looked upon favorably?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummmm, no.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We are planning a Memorial Shoot for Grin on Saturday December 5, to give him a "21 gun type-salute" sendoff with more than 21 guns and spread his ashes.

I have reservations from the Wellsville Lake MODC Gun Range for 2 hours from 10 am to 12 noon, although as a community, we can be there longer if we choose, we just cannot refuse to let others in (no problem).

This is an outdoor gun range with no restroom facilities, so please dress accordingly.  

I would appreciate RSVP from anyone planning to attent, as I would like to hvae an idea how many will be there.

Thanks,

Carla
View Quote

One week from today.  I will do my best to remember to post signs
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm trying to come Carla, I'll need a place to crash. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jim,
I have a small apartment in my hobby shop that you welcome to if you want it.  It has a kitchen, a bath with a shower and a couch/hide-a-bed.  It's not the Taj Mahal, but my daughter and son-in-law lived in it for a few months while they were between houses. Just let me know and it's yours if you want it.  IM sent.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Jim,
I have a small apartment in my hobby shop that you welcome to if you want it.  It has a kitchen, a bath with a shower and a couch/hide-a-bed.  It's not the Taj Mahal, but my daughter and son-in-law lived in it for a few months while they were between houses. Just let me know and it's yours if you want it.  IM sent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jim,

Thank you very much Robert. I just found out today that I can't the two days off I need to come. It's 700 miles one way
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thank you very much Robert. I just found out today that I can't the two days off I need to come. It's 700 miles one way
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jim,

Sorry you can't come!  If anyone else needs anything, just let me know.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm sorry you can;t make it, Jim.  Work comes first, I understand that!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I am so sorry you oculdnt make it, but I would have let you crash here.  I know you are trustworthy, and my other son is here as well.  Donna would have nothing to worry about.  Now, if I can make it through tonight and tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Robert, how many arrow signs will I need to get there from 19?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Robert, how many arrow signs will I need to get there from 19?
View Quote

Five
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Everything seems to be shaping up for tomorrow.  The signs are almost ready, they are drying

Looks like its a go, rain or shine!  Rain would not have stopped Grin, so I won't let it stop me!

Tomorrow 10:00 am

Carla
573/253-4013 for information

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll be there, hopefully lots of folks can make it!

BTW, if you come through Montgomery City and want a treat, the bakery is very good.  It's called Laura's Sugar & Spice and its two blocks north of the 4way stop on Hwy 19.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'll be there, hopefully lots of folks can make it!

BTW, if you come through Montgomery City and want a treat, the bakery is very good.  It's called Laura's Sugar & Spice and its two blocks north of the 4way stop on Hwy 19.
View Quote

Be still my diabetic heart, I wonder if she still has sugar free goodies?

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Heading out the door.  See everyone soon.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Out the door
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#35]
To those of you who came, thank you so much for fulfilling the 21 Gun Salute send off.

Thank you, each and every one of you.  I had a wonderful time shotting the different guns, and I LOVED the M5 and the M-16... what a rush!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I had a great time, too.  It was good meeting yo face-to-face finally.  Your Dad seems to be a great guy as well.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks, I loved meeting you also.  Dad was more worried about me, expecially since my other son wouldnt go cause he cannot stand guns.

All in all, I think it was great!

Than you so much for coming all the way to share this with us.

Carla
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top