Posted: 10/4/2015 6:28:44 PM EDT
Free state rocks and uhm anyone from here
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I not.  But welcome home.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome home Bravo!

I'm in the area...what can I help you with?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome home Bravo!

I'm in the area...what can I help you with?
View Quote

I need help finding a good job. I am going to go apply at hobby lobby and the book store and going to try fazolis but I worked at chick fil a and mostly had dining room experience.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Could you "transfer" to one of the Chick-Fil-A restaurants here?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The local Chik Fil A is a nationally rated location. Top tier service. Go apply. My daughter worked there for years and the crew were outstanding. It's got good management and does a ton of business.

Joplin isn't too hurt by the EF5, but it's been changing all along to a highly retail environment with a sprinkling of industry. Add in a lot of call centers. Average wages are about 80% of national average, cost of living the same tho.

If anything housing was tight the last two years but it's still improving. The main issue is home reconstruction which has declined as it's now new spec instead of insurance replacements. St Johns/Mercy moving to I44 and 43/Main Street will be a major building boom over the next decade.

Oh yeah there's a new restaurant opening further north on RL and food service isn't supplying enough as the last one hired 170. The owner had to delay as there's a hiring shortage.

Welcome back things are a little different. Don't drive 20th east to west, it's closed for an overpass at the tracks. And yeah, there are a LOT of roundabouts now, more than almost any other MO city.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The local Chik Fil A is a nationally rated location. Top tier service. Go apply. My daughter worked there for years and the crew were outstanding. It's got good management and does a ton of business.

Joplin isn't too hurt by the EF5, but it's been changing all along to a highly retail environment with a sprinkling of industry. Add in a lot of call centers. Average wages are about 80% of national average, cost of living the same tho.

If anything housing was tight the last two years but it's still improving. The main issue is home reconstruction which has declined as it's now new spec instead of insurance replacements. St Johns/Mercy moving to I44 and 43/Main Street will be a major building boom over the next decade.

Oh yeah there's a new restaurant opening further north on RL and food service isn't supplying enough as the last one hired 170. The owner had to delay as there's a hiring shortage.

Welcome back things are a little different. Don't drive 20th east to west, it's closed for an overpass at the tracks. And yeah, there are a LOT of roundabouts now, more than almost any other MO city.
View Quote

is that at firehouse subs? i tried to get back on cfa but there wasn't a spot for me so i am trying for hobby lobby and working on the resume. i have worked at kohls for 4 plus years so i still have that job.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#7]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#8]
applied at cracker barrel, dropped off hobby lobby and picked up aldis today
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#9]
IIRC it was Firehouse. There will be seasonal hiring for the holidays picking up at the Mall and other sites but it's temp. They do keep a few when they lay off - which is largely handled by only scheduling 8 hours a week. Late January and February is usually a down time for sales.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome back, I'm in Neosho.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IIRC it was Firehouse. There will be seasonal hiring for the holidays picking up at the Mall and other sites but it's temp. They do keep a few when they lay off - which is largely handled by only scheduling 8 hours a week. Late January and February is usually a down time for sales.
View Quote

put in at firehouse. i cant work at pennys or macys because of kohls. im going to check with cfa again and see when i maybe can try again
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why?

Do you believe you have some sort of non-compete contract with Kohls?  Do you plan to work at Kohls in Joplin after you move?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

... i cant work at pennys or macys because of kohls. ...

Why?

Do you believe you have some sort of non-compete contract with Kohls?  Do you plan to work at Kohls in Joplin after you move?

competing retail places from what I know.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Im at kohls now, the plan was to transfer both chick fil and kohls but only kohls did. Interviewed at hobby lobby but it did not go so well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top