Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2015 11:07:43 PM EDT
I'm making a trip to Wisconsin at the end of the week and have to go through Missouri, Illinois, and of course Wisconsin. I usually keep a 16" carbine in a lock box in my truck and my CCW on me or if I know I'll be driving for a while put it in my console. Are there any laws that will prevent me from bringing my rifle or CCW through your state?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pike
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm making a trip to Wisconsin at the end of the week and have to go through Missouri, Illinois, and of course Wisconsin. I usually keep a 16" carbine in a lock box in my truck and my CCW on me or if I know I'll be driving for a while put it in my console. Are there any laws that will prevent me from bringing my rifle or CCW through your state?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pike
View Quote

As someone from the STL metro area in IL, I can tell you you're not gtg in IL.  IL, to my knowledge, as of right now, only honors Hawaii (Obummer's home state) CCW reciprocity.

Carbine must be unloaded and cased.

CCW pistol may be loaded, on or about you, but you cannot leave the vehicle with it.  If you leave the vehicle, all weapons must be in locked cases.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 IL, to my knowledge, as of right now, only honors Hawaii (Obummer's home statepoint of entry into the US ) CCW reciprocity.

View Quote

IL does not honor anyone else's CCW. Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina, and Virginia are eligible to apply for a IL non resident CCW.
Link
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Round trip was a sucsess, I just wanted to thank everyone for any and all information that was provided to me.

Thanks,
Pike
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad you had a safe trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top