Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/23/2015 2:08:23 PM EDT
Seems like we are all very calm these days. That's not the MOHTF way..Doesn't anyone have any"i really pissed off the neighbors" stories or lets get together plans??? I'm planning a swap meet when I'm in my new place. Im planning epic deals and conversation all day and a fire and multiple cigars and lies all night!!

ANYONE, anyone, ANYONE???
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
well we had a carbine class a week or so ago if that counts.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
DAMN IT!!!  No trash can searches, Get Off My Lawn/Shooting Range, That guy's ammo blew up my Glock/Hand Grenade?

I am sorely disappointed.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I know right!! Does anyone have a piece of property we could have a shoot on?? I have a couple targets :-)
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell yes it counts! BTW how was class?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know right!! Does anyone have a piece of property we could have a shoot on?? I have a couple targets :-)
View Quote

I've got 88 acres outside of Chillicothe
It's undeveloped and in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did you buy that place??
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice. My in-laws just bought a piece up that way, too. Can't host events, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DAMN IT!!!  No trash can searches, Get Off My Lawn/Shooting Range, That guy's ammo blew up my Glock/Hand Grenade?

View Quote

Everyone puts pad locks on their herbie curbies now
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know where there is 340 wooded acres for sale for $895 per, group buy?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I was just thinking the other day how boring the MOHT forum has been. Seems like every time is gets dull staff comes around and shakes down a local and SHTF LOL.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

What happened to that place up by Richmond?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That whole discussion was a freaking riot!  I don't know if I miss the drama or not....  yeah... I miss it.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in....if it's on the RIGHT side of the state.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the east side
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I miss Grin, everything was more fun then.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been looking around fredericktown but can't find anything I like.  A couple of my inlaws are wanting to go in on some land for hunting but I want to put a simple range on it. They don't seem as serious about it as I am though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah the east side
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the east side

Sold!  170 people at $1,790 each sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#18]
A heads up if you are looking for an area to set up a range...

See if you can locate an abandoned rock quarry. Most are still owned by companies that consider them a liability.

I know of one North of St. Joseph that sold around twenty years ago for around $8,000 (37 acres)
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 4:41:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have been looking around fredericktown but can't find anything I like.  A couple of my inlaws are wanting to go in on some land for hunting but I want to put a simple range on it. They don't seem as serious about it as I am though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A little south of there in Reynolds county
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Family land. Grandparents bought it back in the 60's. We inherited it. Technically we own 1/3 ... It's remote
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, I finally got off my ass and ran two classes last weekend.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

good.  a little wet but not too bad.  good practical instruction from AFSOC, great instructor/student ratio, and good food for lunch
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

A heads up if you are looking for an area to set up a range...

See if you can locate an abandoned rock quarry. Most are still owned by companies that consider them a liability.

I know of one North of St. Joseph that sold around twenty years ago for around $8,000 (37 acres)
View Quote
There's a gentlemen just west of STL who hosts shoots in his quarry for ladies and gentlemen who are about to enter the service.  Neat setup

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have one every month, not many arfcomer's show up.

I think it's the shooting part that keeps them away.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well yeah! Guns are icky....
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just the closet arfcommers show up.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#27]
We were out of town the first half of July and missed the carbine class.  

We had a nice family trip through Utah and got In some nice hiking at five of the parks,
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Im currently on the hunt for a new place to hold my shoots/ shoot..Id like it to be within 30 miles or so from Richmond.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Ehhh...

I put some potted plants out front yesterday.

Learned that a couple bags of top soil will not stop a subsonic .22LR.

Loaded up some 9mm drums for your next shoot...
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Ditto what eric said. the game took over. it got bigger and bigger and well i don't want to shoot that way.  all the fun went out of it. i also only seem time to work. when i have
Free time its to do crap at the house. Also almost all the afrcomers i know have moved on. dondontt know many of the new crew.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Shit the "gaming" has been around for DECADES!

In the late fifties it was PPC, which was originally known as Police Pistol Combat

I've never encountered an Officer wearing on duty a revolver with an 1 1/4" diameter barrel, large rib shooting .38 special 148 gr wadcutters loaded with 2.7 gr of Bullseye, and with a single action pull of 1 pound and a double action pull of 6-8 pounds

An example of a "typical" PPC. gun

Interestingly, the finest PPC pistols were built b Ron Power of Power Custom in Indepenence, MO.

Back in the seventies it was IPSC, and as time progressed things got less and less like reality. Anyone remember the Bianchi Pistolero holster? It was fashioned after a late 1800's drop leg tie down gunfighter rig.

Or there were the $3,000 (remember, I'm talking Late seventies & early eighties dollars) 1911 "Pin Guns" produced by The Auto Shop, Hogue, Clark, Pachmayer, Heinie, etc.

An example of a 1911 Pin Gun, the Devel Gammon. Probably the finest example ever manufactured, it was used by Mickey Fowler.

Eventually they did start passing rules that made some sense.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I haven't been to one of your matches but I can tell you why I haven't gone to many matches in the last few years.  There's simply no room to have fun at them outside of the prescribed narrow equipment parameters.

I started shooting USPSA matches back in the early 90's, with "side" matches for rifles and shotguns, before "3-gun" was ever a thing.  Used to be that one could show up and run the match with whatever they wanted as long as it was done safely. Sometimes you couldn't "officially" be in the results but you were still allowed to play.

Want to run your 2-shot derringer in the pistol course?  Go right ahead.

Want to run your semi-auto .22lr pistol?  Be my guest.

Want to run your Desert Eagle and only have 2 mags for it?  No problem, just set the pistol down on the table and reload your 2 mags and continue when you can.

Want to run your pistol caliber carbine on the course?  Sure thing, man.

Want to run your lever-action .30/30, SKS, Enfield No2, M1 Garand, etc in the rifle match?  Have at it.

Want to run your grandpa's side-by-side double-barrelled shotgun?  Why not.

Heck, given enough extra time in the day, and there was almost always extra time, you were encouraged to run "second gun" and run the course(s) again with some other gun, albeit not for official score.

I quit going when a stage RO stopped my shooting because my time had "maxed out" even though I wasn't done shooting the prescribed stage/target array.  I thought I had payed the same entry fee as everyone else but clearly because I chose to run non game guns that day I was discriminated against and that sucked.

YMMV

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't been to one of your matches but I can tell you why I haven't gone to many matches in the last few years.  There's simply no room to have fun at them outside of the prescribed narrow equipment parameters.

I started shooting USPSA matches back in the early 90's, with "side" matches for rifles and shotguns, before "3-gun" was ever a thing.  Used to be that one could show up and run the match with whatever they wanted as long as it was done safely. Sometimes you couldn't "officially" be in the results but you were still allowed to play.

Want to run your Desert Eagle and only have 2 mags for it?  No problem, just set the pistol down on the table and reload your 2 mags and continue when you can.

Want to run your lever-action .30/30, SKS, Enfield No2, M1 Garand, etc in the rifle match?  Have at it.

Heck, given enough extra time in the day, and there was almost always extra time, you were encouraged to run "second gun" and run the course(s) again with some other gun, albeit not for official score.

I quit going when a stage RO stopped my shooting because my time had "maxed out" even though I wasn't done shooting the prescribed stage/target array.  I thought I had payed the same entry fee as everyone else but clearly because I chose to run non game guns that day I was discriminated against and that sucked.

YMMV

I completely understand wanting to play around & have fun.    The problem with that is scheduling.   With the shooting sports being so popular and turnouts being as high as they are if everyone wanted to take that much time then it would be impossible to stick to a schedule during a match.  Squads would be backing up behind each other and taking up the entire day.  Hence the reason for par times these days.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Maybe we could have a scavenger hunt for Jimmy Hoffa's body, maybe it was buried in the Ozarks and not taken to the Alpo dog food company to be disposed of.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Want to run your lever-action .30/30, SKS, Enfield No1, M1 Garand, etc in the rifle match?  Have at it.

YMMV

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want to run your lever-action .30/30, SKS, Enfield No1, M1 Garand, etc in the rifle match?  Have at it.

YMMV

So if several guys ahead of you decided to shoot the 30-50 rounds stage with the old style muzzle loader rifle and shotgun Blunderbuss, and cap and ball pistols, taking 15-20 minutes each instead of 1-2. Then it got too late for you to shoot the stage.
I assume you would also feel discriminated against.

You are WELCOME to run what you brung in any of our matches, but you will have the same time limit as everyone else, so as to not discriminate against them.
Your also welcome to stay after and shoot whatever you want(safely of course) till dark, if you want to stay that long.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Now you're just being ridiculous.  Although if I owned enough smokepoles to not need to reload but just grab another gun, well, I might just try it.    And what is "too late to shoot"?

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing gun games?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if several guys ahead of you decided to shoot the 30-50 rounds stage with the old style muzzle loader rifle and shotgun Blunderbuss, and cap and ball pistols, taking 15-20 minutes each instead of 1-2. Then it got too late for you to shoot the stage.
I assume you would also feel discriminated against.

You are WELCOME to run what you brung in any of our matches, but you will have the same time limit as everyone else, so as to not discriminate against them.
Your also welcome to stay after and shoot whatever you want(safely of course) till dark, if you want to stay that long.
Now you're just being ridiculous.  Although if I owned enough smokepoles to not need to reload but just grab another gun, well, I might just try it.    And what is "too late to shoot"?

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing gun games?

Well since we have close neighbors (small town) we don't shoot MUCH after dark
I have been shooting 3 gun for about 7-8 years , got more serious about it 3-4 years ago.
This year and next we are/will do a lot of traveling out of state to big matches,

my son is good enough to give the big boys a run for their money, so we have to travel to shoot the big matches
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I know a couple of smoke pole shooters who could probably do it. if your round count isn't idiotic... like 3 per target... they could center punch em and reload on the run with paper cartridges... if I can use my 1858 Remington and pre-loaded cylinders I can do OK...

Shotguns well no blunderbuss but I would use a double..

I shot 3 gun before it was called 3 gun... when it was the Soldier of Fortune 3 Gun challenge in Vegas...

and I don't like shooter boxes...
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's one stage from last month  BTW 46 is OLD ? ?  I'm past 50 and still kickin

Here's Google's version of the vid from the 18th match - DISREGARD their added gay music

http://goo.gl/photos/CK2dhPv3oVxMBrf38

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Gayer than that shotgun?  

I still have my pink boonie.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's one stage from last month  BTW 46 is OLD ? ?  I'm past 50 and still kickin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_966ZmUu8A

Here's Google's version of the vid from the 18th match - DISREGARD their added gay music

Gayer than that shotgun?  

I still have my pink boonie.  

It WINS matches - but you can still shoot your Dbl barrel wearing the pink boonie
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess I need to compare the match schedule to my work schedule and see if I can make it down. Wouldn't be terribly competitive but trigger time is good time. What kind of per-stage round count is typical?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I guess I need to compare the match schedule to my work schedule and see if I can make it down. Wouldn't be terribly competitive but trigger time is good time. What kind of per-stage round count is typical?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Normally the 3rd Sat of every month , EXCEPT for Aug. which will be the 4th weekend. Have a major we will be shooting on our normal date.

Round count per stage ~15 per gun avg.  some stages will be a little above, some will be a few under. But 75 rounds per gun, per match is pretty close.  Keep in mind that is the MINIMUM depending on how much you miss will determine the total shot.

As I tell everybody at the shooters brief.  " You won't win your 1st match, nor the 2nd, or 10th, most of us will never win a match. That's NOT what it's about, it's about having fun, shooting under pressure/stress, both mental and physical. And improving your skills running your guns."
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Round count per stage ~15 per gun avg.  some stages will be a little above, some will be a few under. But 75 rounds per gun, per match is pretty close.  Keep in mind that is the MINIMUM depending on how much you miss will determine the total shot.

As I tell everybody at the shooters brief.  " You won't win your 1st match, nor the 2nd, or 10th, most of us will never win a match. That's NOT what it's about, it's about having fun, shooting under pressure/stress, both mental and physical. And improving your skills running your guns."
View Quote

Guess I better plan to pack extra ammo.

I don't expect to win, ever. I shot a bit of IDPA several years ago and was generally in the bottom third of the rankings... but I had fun. I just hate being That Guy. If I'm running a bone-stock 870, a basic carbine, and ... well, pistol is what I'd have to think about I guess. Ah well, I'll see what I can do.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every month? Let me know and I'll be there. Probably.

ETA - Oh is it three gun? I don't have a decent Shotgun and my AR isn't set up for that sort of sport... WTF is Ver-sail-ees?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

ETA - Oh is it three gun? I don't have a decent Shotgun and my AR isn't set up for that sort of sport... WTF is Ver-sail-ees?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Sg part I understand, but your AR ? ?  It does have sights correct ?  and is in working order ?  Other than that I can't think of any AR that wouldn't work.

Versailles is about the exact center of the state, which also should eliminate the  "it's too far" complainers
if you can't get here in 2- 2.5 hours from anywhere, but the extreme corners of the state, you need to let somebody else drive
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The Sg part I understand, but your AR ? ?  It does have sights correct ?  and is in working order ?  Other than that I can't think of any AR that wouldn't work.

Versailles is about the exact center of the state, which also should eliminate the  "it's too far" complainers
if you can't get here in 2- 2.5 hours from anywhere, but the extreme corners of the state, you need to let somebody else drive
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a heavy barreled SPR clone. It's heavy. I don't know know how well the irons are set up. I only shot them once.  I don't want to take my scope off. Excuses, excuses...

If someone in KC wants to go with my, I'll try it. Though 4th Sunday in August is my USPSA practice match I want to make.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's a heavy barreled SPR clone. It's heavy. I don't know know how well the irons are set up. I only shot them once.  I don't want to take my scope off. Excuses, excuses...

If someone in KC wants to go with my, I'll try it. Though 4th Sunday in August is my USPSA practice match I want to make.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of gamers shoot heavy barrels with magnified optics... some have a red dot mounted above the optic or on the side of the rail...
That said most shooters will let you borrow something for your first match or so just to get your feet wet...
I used to bring extras of everything for newbies who wanted to try it out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Normally the 3rd Sat of every month , EXCEPT for Aug. which will be the 4th weekend. Have a major we will be shooting on our normal date.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not been able to find a match better ran and more fun than this one.  They have a good time.  And yes - you can stay and try to hit that stupid 700 yard plate.  I have backed off a little for the summer, but plan on getting back out there when the weather cools.  I don't plan to win, but I do like beating the "really good" shooters every once in a while.  My job is to keep them young punks honest.  No body wants to get beat by the old fart. (My birthday was July 52nd.  I think I'm 35, but then again... I'm dyslexic. My mind says I'm 35 anyway.)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top