Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2015 2:44:15 PM EDT
is there anything in the statues that states the county has to process a CCW renewal within a certain time?  ie, there is a local county that is now doing appointment only CCW renewals.  said county is 60-90 days out on appointments.  my ccw expired because of this (long story short, I thought it was 30 days out on appointments until I called and found out it was closer to 90 days out.  I missed my renewal appointment due to time zone issue when I put the time in my phone and now I have to wait another 60+ days).  the sheriff office said they were not going to charge me for the renewal penalty but I am without my ccw in the mean time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, the statutes leave it up to you to renew with no mention of a timeline for yhe Sheriff.  And theres nothing in the statutes "allowing" the Sheriff to provide temporaries for situations like these, although he could issue letters to those awaiting their appt, now wheyher or not that would be honored outside yhe county is another issue.

Personally I think I would pressure the Sheriff directly in regards to his failure to do his job.  Cass county was horrible to deal with when the laws changed recently but finally came around, or more likely got tired of hearing from me as they were giving a student of mine the run around .
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one guy they made wait over 60 days from when he went in to when they gave it to him. They kept telling him they hadn't got anything back from HP yet.

I called the same lady and she told me 2 weeks out, but they still held him up for whatever reason, and he doesn't have any sort of record, he's a Vietnam vet. Didn't make sense.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Clearly, this is one of the issues that needs to be addressed next session.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy crap, 90 days for a renewal appt?

That's absurd.
View Quote

Betting on Jackson County. It was six or eight weeks wait to get an appointment to get fingerprinted, and they went right to the 45 day limit on issuing the permit, then another couple weeks to get an appointment to pick it up.

Having it swapped to Clay County was so much easier... just show up with proof of residence and they issued a new one on the spot.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I won't name the west side county since I still don't have my renewal yet
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you considered getting an out of state permit for times like this?  Hell, with a 90 day turnaround you might actually be able to get an out of state owe it quicker than your renewal.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually yes, when I was in Nevada I tried to get one of their oos permits.  There are a lot of places in vegas that offer free classes (just pay for range time).  Only issue with the Nevada permit is that all instruction had to happen inside the state.  Also there are a few states I go to that don't accept non resident permits
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Renewed mine in Boone County today.  Filled out the on-line paperwork a week ago.  Called today to see if I could come in to pay my $50, (For a right , never mind.)  and the nice lady said I could show up any time between 8-4:30.  When I went in she had it there for me to pick up at the same time.   Sweet.

Sorry for all of your issues.  Someone should remind them that elections are coming up soon.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I haven't renewed mine yet under the new process.. But I'm told you just go to Clayton and get in line...  30-40 bucks for the renewal...

Mines coming up in Sept I think...  I hate driving in clayton...  I always get stuck parking like 10 blocks away and forget where I parked and if its a meter, you know its going to run out before you get back, even if you max it out...  Its BS...
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep, $40 for us in St Louis County to renew.  While you wait to get called you can play "Security/POST or Sex Offender" while you wait    Man, I thought I was waiting in a WalMart customer service area when I went to pay my $10 to stay in the database of Instructors...
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yep, $40 for us in St Louis County to renew.  While you wait to get called you can play "Security/POST or Sex Offender" while you wait    Man, I thought I was waiting in a WalMart customer service area when I went to pay my $10 to stay in the database of Instructors...
View Quote

The funnest game there!
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
LOL...

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I haven't renewed mine yet under the new process.. But I'm told you just go to Clayton and get in line...  30-40 bucks for the renewal...

Mines coming up in Sept I think...  I hate driving in clayton...  I always get stuck parking like 10 blocks away and forget where I parked and if its a meter, you know its going to run out before you get back, even if you max it out...  Its BS...
View Quote

Tell me about it.  I got  ack with 5 mins to save $5 on that ticket...yeah, I owed $10.  

Oh yeah, entrance on Center St is the only one.  I took the long way around...
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I called back in March to get an appointment for Jackson county. Meeting is tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn! You all got some crazy wait times. Took me about 15 minutes to get my renewal done with no appt. It only took that long, because the older guy in front of me was renewing his. This was in Cole.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#17]
In Greene county my wife and I both called to make an appointment and it was within two weeks. After going in it takes about 20 minutes and they even laminate the new card for you. Very friendly and easy to work with.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:25:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like Jackson County is worse than ever for CCW renewals.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:49:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Lincoln Co had a sign up saying they aren't able to do renewals at the moment...

Why all the delays?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Just renewed mine in Shannon County.  Called yesterday, went by and picked it up today since I had other official business at the courthouse anyway.

Took about 10 minutes cause the card printer jammed, otherwise would have been about 5 minutes.

Small towns have there advantages!
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Finally got my CCW. Such a long wait. The girls working were great. They said they just have so many people to service that they are booked out several months. They were also stating that they could process more if people didn't "no-show" they're appointments.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top