Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2015 5:26:20 PM EDT
My Dad told me he heard on the radio that getting into the fair in Forest Park would be like a TSA screening.

WTF??  Who do these ass hats think they are?  I never had any intention of going but this is BS.  How do they possibly think they have any legal authority to restrict carry outside in a public park?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
It's St. Louis, I'm not too surprised. Don't know what they could say if they did find your ccw.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Go and make some $$ with the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, they found mine last time I went. I called a park ranger over who looked at my CCW permit and told me "Have a nice night and continue to exercise your 2nd Amendment right." Let me walk on in :)

ETA except that was at the Arch grounds. I forgot it's at Forest Park now. The website for FSL says no weapons. Can they enforce this ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, they found mine last time I went. I called a park ranger over who looked at my CCW permit and told me "Have a nice night and continue to exercise your 2nd Amendment right." Let me walk on in :)

ETA except that was at the Arch grounds. I forgot it's at Forest Park now. The website for FSL says no weapons. Can they enforce this ?
View Quote

Not legally.  The feds at the arch know their stuff.  Dotson will try anything to curb our ability to defend our families.

I have not been able to confirm that they are checking for ccw guns.  They are searching bags and coolers however.

ETA:  The more I hear from people, the more it looks like the "TSA" style checkpoints are nothing more than checking for beer etc.  Carry on...  Appears to have been over reported by the news about no guns etc.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]
If they are searching bags and coolers they are looking for bottles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top