Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:31:54 PM EDT
I've got a plain-jane AR that I like to keep handy in case any yutes or ladies want to hunt or shoot (we're not talking any super precision stuff) and I have been thinking about replacing the standard $25 7 position "mil-spec" adjustable stock.  Any replacement would have to be somewhat light, have some adjustment to it and being a little more quiet/robust would be pluses.  I don't necessarily need to replace what I've got, I just wanted to see what the HTF's opinion was?  

I've handled one of the Loganbill boys scatterguns with some type of Ergo stock and it seemed pretty robust.  There is a fairly massive thread somewhere on ARF that I looked through several weeks ago that I may go back and skim through again as well.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
On the cheap I like the MOE stocks, for a little more and better lock up and cheekweld I prefer the B5 Bravo.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The Magpul CTR stock is really user friendly and light.

I'm about to build a SBR and will use a MFT Battlelink on it.  They look really neat and light but I haven't handled one in person yet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally run an Exos Defense TI-7 on my AR and Shotgun. It is fairly lightweight, locks up solid, and has an excellent cheek weld.

The stock you are referring to is the Ergo F93. It is also very robust with lots of adjustment, 9 position, but it is also extremely heavy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I've handled and owned a multitude of stocks, my favorite is the B5 Enhanced Sopmod.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I personally run an Exos Defense TI-7 on my AR and Shotgun. It is fairly lightweight, locks up solid, and has an excellent cheek weld.

The stock you are referring to is the Ergo F93. It is also very robust with lots of adjustment, 9 position, but it is also extremely heavy.
View Quote

Thanks Josh.  I couldn't remember the weight, I just recall being impressed with the adjustments.  The weight probably eliminates it from the running.

ETA: that TI-7 might be just what the Dr. ordered.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to try to get my hands on a few of these.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

If, you didn't have such girly wittle arms you could shoot a man's rifle with a fixed stock on it.

But I know a couple Morgan county guys that probably have several on hand for you to check out with your dainty paws.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If, you didn't have such girly wittle arms you could shoot a man's rifle with a fixed stock on it.

But I know a couple Morgan county guys that probably have several on hand for you to check out with your dainty paws.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The basis for this thread was just a ruse so I wouldn't have to out my delicate, dainty figure.  So much for OPSEC.

Josh, do you all keep any of those EXOS's in stock at Tooth and Nail?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes we do along with several others. You are more than welcome to handle them and pick out the one you like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top