Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2015 7:35:08 PM EDT
This May Issue of Rural Missouri magazine p.14, Dave Miller from Grain Valley, on May 16, will be going for the Guinness Record for 3,000+ Clays in 1-hour time limit.

He'll try to accomplish this feat at the Heartland Trap & Wobble Skeet(directions call 816-813-7748) which is just North of Harrisonville. I'm guessing it's somewhere just off 291 north, as I will need to google it myself. It's set for late afternoon/evening to see the clays easier.

I'm gonna be there----anybody else? Can make it a meet/greet at same time. IM me and we'll set up something to recognize each other.

OK, found address: it's at 23424 Jefferson Pkwy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of that mag before.  Here it is online:  http://www.ruralmissouri.org/digitalrm/index.php
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
David Miller is a heck of a good guy.  I am privileged to know him and to shoot with him.  

Come on out and bring your friends on May 16 to cheer him on.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
BTW, David shoots everything from the hip, and will swap over to left handed when his right hand gets tired.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
And for those doing the math at home, that means he has to break at least one clay every 1.2sec for the full hour.

I pity his loaders!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]
He has 30 extended magazine CZ automatics, and about that many guys loading.  Each shotgun holds 16 rounds, IIRC.  

The clay thrower setup is pretty cool.  He has 10 or 12 throwers set up in a block formation in front of the trap house, and has each calibrated to throw through a hoop set up 10 yards away.   Although each machine's trajectory is slightly different, the convergence point is that hoop.

David is an electronics geek, and designed and built a trigger device that ensures that a clay is thrown something like every .8 seconds.   I think they threw in the neighborhood of 4500 clays at the last practice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He has 30 extended magazine CZ automatics, and about that many guys loading.  Each shotgun holds 16 rounds, IIRC.  

The clay thrower setup is pretty cool.  He has 10 or 12 throwers set up in a block formation in front of the trap house, and has each calibrated to throw through a hoop set up 10 yards away.   Although each machine's trajectory is slightly different, the convergence point is that hoop.

David is an electronics geek, and designed and built a trigger device that ensures that a clay is thrown something like every .8 seconds.   I think they threw in the neighborhood of 4500 clays at the last practice.
View Quote

That sounds cool as heck! Can you guys get some footage on Youtube for us?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's one from the second practice session earlier this year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=px3TKkrL2y8

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
BTW, David shoots everything from the hip, and will swap over to left handed when his right hand gets tired.
View Quote

WTH.  Would like to see him shoulder the shotgun.  If he is doing like that video clip, who cares....I mean a beginner learns to shoulder, point and shoot right?  
Here is an example:
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump for the world record attempt.  

It is this Saturday, May 16.  Dave will begin the attempt at around 8:00 p.m. or so.  CZ will have their demo trailer there beginning at 6:00 p.m. if anyone wants to try out one or two of their demo shotguns and enjoy the clays range.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
If these are CZ 712 utilities the force will need to be with him. I have rarely owned a bigger piece of junk than the one I had. I wish him the best of luck.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Dave happens to be a rep for cz, I'm sure he has the best of the best and I know he's got tons of rounds through these already.... I was present for the first practice last summer and Id bet he had 1,000 that day alone.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to be dismissive, but after watching the above linked video I dont see the challenge?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not to be dismissive, but after watching the above linked video I dont see the challenge?
View Quote

He makes it look easy.

Try it yourself for 10 minutes.  I'll bet that changes your opinion.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:25:12 AM EDT
[#15]
At one time I was part of the group that held the Guinness world record for most people assembled wearing Groucho Marx Glasses.
Looks like some group in Chicago has it now though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At one time I was part of the group that held the Guinness world record for most people assembled wearing Groucho Marx Glasses.
Looks like some group in Chicago has it now though.
View Quote

But at least you'll have that one shining moment of glory to share with your grandchildren. That's more than a lot of men can claim . . .
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I plan on going, but weather doesn't look good for around the time Dave wants to go for the record. I'll be wearing a "blue TRIUMPH" t-shirt and yellow/black "Stanley" cap. Let's meet up and introduce. Would be good to put faces to names of other ARFers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top