Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 10:37:15 PM EDT
This has probably been asked and answered before but here goes.
I have filled out the forms for the Trust and was getting ready to send
them to the ATF but was told to go to the courthouse and file it with
the Recorder of Deeds. This will establish the Trust.

Is this factual and if I do go to the Recorder do I still send it
to the ATF? I am totally confused. I have paid for a suppressor and
want to go the trust route so can someone tell me what to do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
No requirement to register your trust in Missouri, just have it notorized and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know anyone with an NFA trust that has "filed" it with ANY local or state government agency.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
So do I need to send it in to the ATF and if not how do I
register the suppressor to the trust.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
You should go to the NFA/Class 3 forum in the Armory and read, every question you have will be answered.

In sum, get one of the gun trusts online that are NFA specific or from an attorney that knows NFA and the trust requirements.  Get it notarized, you will have to have a beneficiary, that is a trust requirement.  Then, just either go to a dealer or buy online and it will be shipped to a dealer you choose.  It takes longer to buy from an online dealer if out of state because that dealer would have to file a Form 3 to transfer it to your dealer.  If you buy locally (or from any dealer within the state and pick it up directly from that dealer), they just prepare the forms and you mail them in with your trust and a check for $200 for each item and then forget about the items till your Form 4 clears and the dealer receives you stamp.  Then go pick it up, get the regular background check, and off you go.  You will have to pay for the items up front.  A Form 4 transfers ownership of a suppressor or SBR to you.

If you build your own suppressor or SBR, then you can efile a Form1 and add your trust in and they will email you your stamp and then you can build it.  

It is pretty straight forward once you do it.  Definitely, read on the Class 3 forum.  You do not record a trust in Missouri.  This is the basic process.  There are a number of firearm/NFA attorneys in the state you check with for actual legal help.  Do it right, otherwise, it takes longer.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you very much guys.. After reading your posts and the forum this seems
pretty simple. Thanks again
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#8]
BTW, once you let the NFA genie out of the bottle, you can never put it back in.  It just keeps getting bigger.  You have been warned!  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BTW, once you let the NFA genie out of the bottle, you can never put it back in.  It just keeps getting bigger.  You have been warned!  
View Quote

He is not lying...

Several years ago I said I didn't need or want an SBR, Can or Full Autos...  

5 Stamps later, I have a few more things I'd like to acquire...  

I keep telling myself I don't want a Full Auto, but I'm not buying it, I think I really do, I just know I can't afford the almost 10K to start, plus the crazy amount of ammo I would need to feed it...

BTW, Back on the Trusts...  I have approved Form 1s and Form 4s using my trust...

Trust was easy...  Got trust from Guntrust lawyer.com, went to bank, had trust Notorized and started a trust checking account...

Last time I sent in 3 Form 4s (all duplicate) a copy of my Trust and a check for 600 bones...

Four months later, my LGS called me and said "Guess what we got in the mail today?" At which point, I said, I'll be there in an hour!!!

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Yup, Nov. 2013 I bought my first three suppressors, I now have 7 Form 4 Suppressors, 1 Form 1 SBR, and 2 Form 3 suppressors right now.  Sad thing is, I am already thinking of another suppressor, or two.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I know, once it is opened there'd no going back. First the suppressor
then an SBR and a .22 can and the lists goes on.  Thanks for the warning..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top