Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2015 3:08:20 PM EDT
Hey fellas,

Just moved to KC to be closer to family after spending nine years in Oregon (got out just in time, it seems).

I'm looking for a Cerakote / Gunkote / something durable to apply to a stainless barrel, and an AR knowledgable smith to take the upper apart and put it back again.

Let me know; thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
for cerakote, there is a forum member here that runs a biz that does it.  jeff forbush - http://www.4bushwrs.com  I had him do 2 AR's and have been happy with them.  he is close to ST Louis though but shipping stuff to him was easy enough and his prices are good.

as for taking an upper apart, there are multiple people here with the tools and know how to get it done.  what hand guard do you have on it now?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I can probably handle both tasks.
You only want the barrel coated? Color? I can do Moly Resin (Norrel's) or Cerakote. And your Armorer work.
Or one of my minions...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Dynamic Finishes in Lee's Summit did the Cerakote on one of my rails and I'm very happy with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top