Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2015 6:56:27 PM EDT

Magpul PMAG 17 GL9 Magazine Glock 17, 34 17-Round Polymer Black

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/558151/magpul-pmag-17-gl9-magazine-glock-17-34-17-round-polymer-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Limit 2 $15.15 (why the .15 I dunno)

Also there is a $5.00 off code that was working as of 10 mins ago... Code is 0E2E7CC

Just thought I'd share incase anyone interested hadn't seen it...

I ordered two for testing purposes... We'll see how they do..

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, when I went to checkout it said limit 3, I changed to 3 hit submit.
Came back LIMIT 1
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Came back LIMIT 1
View Quote
I've been seeing reports like that on F.B. some said they go 3, some said 4, some said 1...    I dunno whats up with that...

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a good deal...I thought they were going to be $10 mags?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Is that a good deal...I thought they were going to be $10 mags?
View Quote

Not saying they are a steal, but considering that if you can find Glock mags in stock local they noramlly mid to high 20s if not low 30s...  Online, I used to get them for 19.99ea, but haven't seen them in awhile... So, I'd say its at least fair...

Never heard of them going for $10.00, but I'd sure be glad to buy several at that price...

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been seeing reports like that on F.B. some said they go 3, some said 4, some said 1...    I dunno whats up with that...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Came back LIMIT 1

I have been told by their CS that it is the backend systems that does that due to what it sees as available stock.  the front page shows what has been sold but the backend counts sold plus what is pending in people's carts.  Carts have a time limit for the pending too
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked mine up this morning. I think they did a great job. Seems like the quality piece I expected from Magpul. Fit and finish are good but haven't been able to function check it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:54:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quantico Tactical (semi local company) is selling them no-limit in the EE under Handgun Mags, Parts, And Accessories.  I ordered a few, got my ship confirmation email today and can't wait to try them.

Aim Surplus also has them.

Both are out-of-state companies so no MO sales tax unlike Midway.

View Quote

Also, don't forget this:

Save 10% off our Website Prices*
Use Coupon Code HQ2015 when checking out on our website!

Comes to $13.64 per mag!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Not sure what they are going to charge for them, but I know Cedar Falls Tactical has 55+ on order and will be in soon...
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Also, don't forget this:

Comes to $13.64 per mag!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quantico Tactical (semi local company) is selling them no-limit in the EE under Handgun Mags, Parts, And Accessories.  I ordered a few, got my ship confirmation email today and can't wait to try them.

Also, don't forget this:

Comes to $13.64 per mag!
Which site is that for?

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Which site is that for?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, don't forget this:

Comes to $13.64 per mag!
Which site is that for?  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_89/1408095_Magpul_Glock_17_Mags____15_15_ea.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Got one yesterday.  I think they are going to be good. I really like how light they are and have the typical magpul quality which is great.  

I don't care for not having the round count windows, but not a deal breaker for me.  For $15, I will buy more.

I am eager to try out the new clear Glock mags from ETS.  Hopefully I will be able to get my grubby hands on some as soon as they come out to run it through the paces.  I love their AR mags and have high hopes for the Glock mags as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Got one yesterday.  I think they are going to be good. I really like how light they are and have the typical magpul quality which is great.  

I don't care for not having the round count windows, but not a deal breaker for me.  For $15, I will buy more.

I am eager to try out the new clear Glock mags from ETS.  Hopefully I will be able to get my grubby hands on some as soon as they come out to run it through the paces.  I love their AR mags and have high hopes for the Glock mags as well.
View Quote
I like the fact that Glock floor plates will work, for those that have Ranger Plates, TTIs, or something else thats currently out there...

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Just read this on FB

OK we screwed up.

After initial release of the Glock PMAG 17 GL9 a few days ago we started seeing random issues of failure to feed with the new magazine in other Glock models, primarily the Glock 19 and 26. Of all the challenges of building a Glock magazine with a single new composite, issues like drop free, impact strength and feed lip retention were foremost on our mind. The failure to feed came as a bit of a surprise to us and we immediately headed out to the range to investigate.

In short order we found the problem. Without getting into technical details, some small, but critical geometry changes did not make it into the initial production molds. We should have caught this but no failures showed up on our factory guns during live fire testing and flaws in our internal processes of checks/balances did not flag the oversight as it should.

So as I said before, we screwed up and here is what we are going to do about it.

Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geometry should be available by May 4th, 2015. These will be date coded 5/15 or later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower, and floor plate with the new body.

-If you purchased your magazines direct from Magpul, Brownells or Midway, you do not need to do anything, replacement magazine bodies for the magazines ordered (1 for 1) will be shipped to you automatically.

-If you purchased your magazines from a gun store, replacement bodies will be sent out to the store in question for you to pick up.

-If neither of the above works for you then Magpul customer service will handle the replacement directly.

In short, we are updating ALL of the affected magazines released as quick as we possibly can.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO -Magpul Industries Corp
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Just read this on FB

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just read this on FB

OK we screwed up.

After initial release of the Glock PMAG 17 GL9 a few days ago we started seeing random issues of failure to feed with the new magazine in other Glock models, primarily the Glock 19 and 26. Of all the challenges of building a Glock magazine with a single new composite, issues like drop free, impact strength and feed lip retention were foremost on our mind. The failure to feed came as a bit of a surprise to us and we immediately headed out to the range to investigate.

In short order we found the problem. Without getting into technical details, some small, but critical geometry changes did not make it into the initial production molds. We should have caught this but no failures showed up on our factory guns during live fire testing and flaws in our internal processes of checks/balances did not flag the oversight as it should.

So as I said before, we screwed up and here is what we are going to do about it.

Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geometry should be available by May 4th, 2015. These will be date coded 5/15 or later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower, and floor plate with the new body.

-If you purchased your magazines direct from Magpul, Brownells or Midway, you do not need to do anything, replacement magazine bodies for the magazines ordered (1 for 1) will be shipped to you automatically.

-If you purchased your magazines from a gun store, replacement bodies will be sent out to the store in question for you to pick up.

-If neither of the above works for you then Magpul customer service will handle the replacement directly.

In short, we are updating ALL of the affected magazines released as quick as we possibly can.

Richard Fitzpatrick

President/CEO -Magpul Industries Corp
Yep, I just got an email from Midway stating that same thing...

Sucks that they were defective, but I gotta say, if they follow though as planned, this will be handled like a BOSS!!!

I didn't even get to test mine yet...

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm a huge Magpul Pmag fan but I fail to see why we needed a magpul Glock mag.

What's the advantage over standard Glock mags?
Or is it....."just because we can, Damnit!"    
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are half the price of OE glock mags. I don't even own a glock and I'll be buying a couple
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
They are half the price of OE glock mags. I don't even own a glock and I'll be buying a couple
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And Magpul will likely produce enough of these that once the initial ""Ohh New Product, gotta have 30 of'em wave" wear offs that shops and dealers will be able to stock them..

My favorite LSG, usually only keeps about 20 total Glock Mags in, said he has 500 of these on order...

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

One thing about the Magpul mags I've noticed are the springs are long and strong.  I'd love to see Glock produce a +2 basepad like Glock's.  I've had 100% reliability using Glock standard G17 springs with their +2 basepad so I would certainly expect the same if Magpul brought a +2 basepad to market.  

One downside to the Magpul mags is their inability to accept standard Glock-pattern aftermarket extended basepads such as OE Glock, Arredondo, etc.

View Quote

We were planning on offering base pads to fit the 140mm and 170mm limits, but the way these are made i don't think they will hold the spring pressure.

I ALSO assume MP did this because they are planning on offering higher capacity mags in the future, and don't want competition from after-market already having the need met,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top