Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2015 8:04:24 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'll be in Kansas City with the family this Friday and Saturday. Any good knife or gun shops I should visit or other things the outsider might miss?  I went to Jeff city last year and got some great advice on things to do here on the Missouri forum.Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a new range in Lees Summit that is very impressive to look at and has an indoor range.  Gun prices are pretty much msrp though.  The name is Frontier Justice.  It is worth walking around in.  The Liberty Memorial and WWI museum located underneath it are worth the trip as well.  Then you can check out Union Station across the street.  Crown Center is then a short walk from there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya gotta get you some BBQ while you're in town.

My vote is for Joes KC Others will chime in with their thoughts on the subject.

Good Luck

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#3]
It depends all what you are into.  I really like the Nelson-Atkins are museum.  It is near the Plaza area, which is a nice area.  Cabela's out near the Legends area in KCK.  There are a couple of Bass Pros in the area.  Great Guns/Roger's Sporting Goods in Liberty has got some nice stuff, lots of ARs and 1911s, ammo, reloading, bows and outdoor gear.  CR Specialties in Independence has a lot of handguns and decent rifle and EBR selection.

Joe's is great for BBQ and JackStack, my favorite.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont understand the appeal of Joes.  mediocre bbq, no history, and not local.  Go to the original Bryants if you want to experience KC bbq (and eat where Presidents dine).  Once described by the New York Times as the best restaurant in the country.

Jack's stack, especially the martin city location is a solid choice as well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
World War 1 Museum, Arabia Steamboat Museum.

As for BBQ, Joe's KC at 47th & Mission on the KS side is always the popular recommendation and they are delicious. LC's on Blue Parkway is more of an authentic, no-frills BBQ joint IMO, and I think just as good as Joe's KC. I would not be upset to eat at either place, that's for sure.

Another hole-in-the-wall place to eat is a bar called The Peanut on 9th St. just west of Broadway. They have the biggest and most delicious chicken wings on the planet, and also serve up a mean BLT.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, that'll give us plenty to do!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for Union Station if you're into history.  The Kansas City Massacre occurred right outside Union Station.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:12:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Jazz Museum
Negro Leagues Baseball Museum

College Basketball Experience / Museum at Sprint Center

Country Club Plaza (shopping, dining)

Nelson-Atkins Art Museum

Cabelas

Westport or Power & Light District for bars/drinking

Broadway Cafe for coffee

Fiorella's Jack Stack for BBQ

Lidia's for the best Saturday/Sunday brunch you'll ever eat

Check the local culture/events newspaper called The Pitch for events this weekend.  You can search their site at www.pitch.com

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Oklahoma joes is by far the greatest thing o have ever eaten.

It's now joes Kansas city  bbq.

WW1 museum is great also.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another vote for Union Station if you're into history.  The Kansas City Massacre occurred right outside Union Station.
View Quote

The bullet holes are still in the wall.  Pretty cool!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]
No
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you like to stay active I recommend fishing at Lake Swope Park.  
View Quote

I always see folks fishing there, but have never seen anyone catch anything.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If you'd like to experience a gang-related active shooter situation, I recommend fishing at Lake Swope Park.  
View Quote

fixed.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top