Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 4:42:01 PM EDT

Hi All,
I have a new Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt that may need the cylinder throats reamed out to .4525. Are there any gunsmiths in the Macon - Adair county area that can do this work. TIA
Best,
Rob
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Is Neil Wiggins still open in Atlanta?

Has a place called The Shooter's Shop.  Great work but usually has a long wait list.  Sometimes guys get lucky with walkin service in a day or two.

He did a lot of custom work on some 1911's for me back in the early 90's.  A great guy from my experience.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Hi Al,
Right down the road from me (sort of) as it turns out.  A check with .452 hard cast Keith bullets shows they slip through the throats with minor effort so I may not need it reamed. The bullets arrived yesterday.
Thanks for the info, sounds like I ought to touch base there anyhow.
Best,
Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top