Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2015 1:46:11 PM EDT
I am moving to Clay County - Gladstone - ( temporary while looking for a house) and will be applying for my CCW after training.
Does anyone have some advice for me regarding permanent residence in either Clay or Platte county?
thanks in Advance
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The city of KC has an earnings tax, Clay county I think is more expensive in terms of personal property taxes, otherwise not much different i don't think.  Both Sheriffs seem to have the CCW app process down and Clay county has a dedicated CCW office and staff that are easy and pleasant to deal with.

even though there are signs up at Smithville Lake trails, it is legal to ccw (working with the county and Jameson to get clay county Parks & Rec. to take down these signs as the state now pre-empts this)
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Platte county CCW info  http://plattesheriff.org/administrative/concealed-carry-info

The price for an initial CCW went up to $100 from $50.  The officers have been very professional when I was there.

The DMV is right across the street from the courthouse if you're going to change your vehicles to Missouri registration.  http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/titling.php#newresident

The northern part of Platte county, north of the airport, is where you see farms.  The southern half is heavily populated
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Platte county CCW info  http://plattesheriff.org/administrative/concealed-carry-info

The price for an initial CCW went up to $100 from $50.  The officers have been very professional when I was there.

The DMV is right across the street from the courthouse if you're going to change your vehicles to Missouri registration.  http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/titling.php#newresident

The northern part of Platte county, north of the airport, is where you see farms.  The southern half is heavily populated
View Quote

thanks you for that info  it will be very helpful - I am moving up there next Sat, the 28th
renting in Gladstone until house here sells and then looking to buy a home
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I live about a block out of Gladstone but have lived and worked here for over 20 yrs.. If there's anything
I can help ya with just holler, be glad to help.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live about a block out of Gladstone but have lived and worked here for over 20 yrs.. If there's anything
I can help ya with just holler, be glad to help.
View Quote

thanks Bull 32  I certainly appreciate it
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep. I'm also right around the Gladstone area. Message me if you need anything.

I'm sure a few of us from the area could meet up for lunch or something and give you a tour of the are. That's assuming you don't know the area.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#8]
thank you AK4784

I have spent a fair amount of time ui there but may take you up on your kind offer
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm just north of Gladstone in Nashua.  Would be up for meet and greet as well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I am also curious as to whether a CCW allows carry of an impact weapon - specifically an ASP expandable baton?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#11]
According to Kevin Jamison is does not. I find it hard to believe but as
he relates, "it doesn't have to make sense, but it's the law."
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#12]
thank you grundwurx
it may be a couple weeks before I am available on a weekend - next weekend is move in and the following week the wife is coming up for the weekend.......
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Bull:  thanks for the reply    yeah we can shoot 'em but not hit them
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]
CCW is for "(1) Carries concealed upon or about his or her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or "

If you can have a blackjack, why not a baton?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top