Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 6:44:46 PM EDT
Got tickets to see the Phantom for my Bday and would like to eat close by before we go. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you like motorcycles?

There is a Triumph / Ducati / Aprilla dealership attached  as well as a motorcycle museum.

Food is good but prices are medium to high depending.  http://triumphgrill.com/

ETA:  You will want to make reservations.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Fountains on Locust if you're going to have a lady with you.  Pretty good food and home made ice cream--chicks dig it.

Phantom is awesome......saw it in STL many years ago and in Vegas.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Sidney street cafe or peacemaker lobster and crab.

Disclaimer: I am an employee of both restaurants
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#4]
How far away are you willing to walk/drive?

And please don't take your wife to Fountain, sorry, but the food is horrible and the ice cream is blah at best.  I've been to Fountain twice and the only interesting thing about it is the women's shelter next door.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And please don't take your wife to Fountain, sorry, but the food is horrible and the ice cream is blah at best.  I've been to Fountain twice and the only interesting thing about it is the women's shelter next door.

View Quote

Soooo you're saying a guy could get dinner AND a date?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#6]
There's the rub. My wife is very limited on how far she can walk. She got me the tickets for my bday. I had tickets in Des Moines where my daughter is and came down with the shingles 3 days before the show. That was fun. Thanks for all the suggestions. (been dating the same one for more than 40 years)
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
This place is literally across the street from the Fox: http://www.beststeakstl.com/

It's a cafeteria style place, and it's definitely a dive, but the food is good. The clientele can be a bit "diverse" given the location (the Fox is right at the edge of the really shady part of town) but I've never heard of any issues there. I was a valet for a while a few years ago and often worked at Jazz at the Bistro which is a couple doors east of there. Dinner from the steak place was always the highlight of the night.

There's also Lucha (mexican) right next door. Although that place has been 3-4 restaurants in the last 10 years and the Best Steak House is still there...

Given that you'll be there for the Phantom, there will be lots of people about so I doubt you'll have any issues.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sidney street cafe or peacemaker lobster and crab.

Disclaimer: I am an employee of both restaurants
View Quote

+1 for this.  Nashan and crew are tops in St. Louis.  bzugger, let's organize a chefs shoot this spring!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Pappy's smoke house
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I know there was a thread about this a while back but I can't find it. Are there metal detectors at the Fox?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know there was a thread about this a while back but I can't find it. Are there metal detectors at the Fox?
View Quote

No.  The only thing standing in your way is a tiny little sticker in the corner of a few doors.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pappy's smoke house
View Quote

. I will never understand why this place became so locally famous.  It has got to be one of the most over rated, hyped up BBQ joints I have ever sampled.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

. I will never understand why this place became so locally famous.  It has got to be one of the most over rated, hyped up BBQ joints I have ever sampled.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pappy's smoke house

Same here man.  It's not bad, but it's not that good.  How Memphis Style BBQ is the "best BBQ" in STL never made any sense.  Get some STL style up in 'da hood.

Honestly, the only really good "highly rated" restaurant BBQ that I agreed with hype is Sugarfire.  Otherwise, I'm headed to Roper's Ribs in Jennings or the Rib Shack on Natural Bridge.........with a level II vest, and two CCW's, and backup, but worth it!!!)
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I second Best Steak House.  It's right across the street, inexpensive, and the food is good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This place is literally across the street from the Fox: http://www.beststeakstl.com/

It's a cafeteria style place, and it's definitely a dive, but the food is good. The clientele can be a bit "diverse" given the location (the Fox is right at the edge of the really shady part of town) but I've never heard of any issues there.  . . .
View Quote

Has that place been there forever? In the early 80s I worked at St. Louis Photo Supply, on Lindell, right around the corner from the Fox. I used to eat lunch at some Greek (I think) steak place across from the Fox. It was good, for a cheap steak or steak sandwich. Sort of a "Whatcho want? No chips, FRIES!" sort of place. Not my idea of a great date destination, though, as I recall.

ETA: I followed the link. That's the place I was thinking of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top