Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2015 7:19:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a MESS!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, messy.

I was on 44 yesterday around Pacific/Gray Summit and it wasn't too bad.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Dam....do not want to be in another wreck in my life.  Wouldn't want to work it either
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I had some friends that got stuck in St Roberts last night.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
They were still cleaning up the hazmat this morning around 1130 when I drove by. Not sure if they are still working on it. It's open as of about 20 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:27:58 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife was stuck in it.  Two hour trip turned into 7 1/2 hours. It was a lesson in traveling prepared (drinks, snacks,warm clothes, full tank of fuel and patience.)
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#8]
We just missed it. I never drive on the interstate when its snowing but had to take wife and dau to town for lunch. We got on at that exit and about a mile down traffic was almost stopped due to 3 other accidents. We had just managed to get off on 179 when the pile up occurred. I imagine the root cause was the traffic stoppage due to the other accidents. We moved here from Montana and are pretty experienced snow drivers...people slow the f down!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I drove right by it just after it happened. There was a wrecked tour bus with all the people in the median getting medical attention. People were parking on the east bound off ramp to rubberneck the scene.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife was stuck in it.  Two hour trip turned into 7 1/2 hours. It was a lesson in traveling prepared (drinks, snacks,warm clothes, full tank of fuel and patience.)
View Quote

We took the outer road to get around it
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#11]
When the snow hit everyone went crazy. Wrecks all over my county and I was stuck working it in a two wheel drive Crown Vic, fun fun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:22:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, *if* you can get off of I-44, a good portion of Route 66 is still intact around there.  There's a BBQ joint at Devil's Elbow along the route and depending on which way you go, you might hit the back gate of Ft. Leonard Wood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top