Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2015 12:19:40 AM EDT
Has anyone seen a Steyr L-A1 (9mm) in the St. Louis area?  I'm interested but would like to put my hands on one first.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I had two M9-A1's for a while.  Nice guns but the backstrap always killed my hand and the trigger was really "crunchy".  Sights were cool and they had a rreally solid action.  If they fixed the grip and trigger I'll probably get one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had two M9-A1's for a while.  Nice guns but the backstrap always killed my hand and the trigger was really "crunchy".  Sights were cool and they had a rreally solid action.  If they fixed the grip and trigger I'll probably get one.
View Quote

I was able to hold an M9 - the grip worked for me.  This gun had no 'crunch' but for those that do I have heard that these Glide Rite bushings work wonders.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a CDNN era M9A1, and the trigger ranges from incredible to crappy. Every blue moon the trigger pull seems to double in weight. I'm eventually going to try those bushings. The factory c-clip design is crummy. Normal trigger pulls feels like a crisp single action. Pretty impressive. I hear the new ones do not have the inconsistent trigger issue.

Sights aren't target grade, but are very fast and easy to see. Grip is one of the best for people with smaller hands. Kind of reminds me on my Magpul K2. I dig it.

I really wish these guns would become more popular. I feel like Steyr pistol fans are like the hipsters of the gun world right now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Buddy has a 357 sig one. I would love to have one in a 9mm myself. I really like the way they feel
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a CDNN era M9A1, and the trigger ranges from incredible to crappy. Every blue moon the trigger pull seems to double in weight. I'm eventually going to try those bushings. The factory c-clip design is crummy. Normal trigger pulls feels like a crisp single action. Pretty impressive. I hear the new ones do not have the inconsistent trigger issue.

Sights aren't target grade, but are very fast and easy to see. Grip is one of the best for people with smaller hands. Kind of reminds me on my Magpul K2. I dig it.

I really wish these guns would become more popular. I feel like Steyr pistol fans are like the hipsters of the gun world right now.
View Quote

That's what I had, two from CDNN.  That drove me nuts.  That "center median" down the back strap would beat the hell out of the web of my hand too.  I could have done some work to smooth it out, but I just decided to sell them.  I sold a AUG and M9A1 together on GB as a package deal (purchased by the owner of a major AR component manufacturer.)

When I first got the M9A1 many years ago, I really wanted a S9A1.....but there were very few ever imported.  I was talking with the Steyr rep at SHOT about 6 yrs ago and he said they kind of pulled out of the pistol market when CDNN bought that huge lot of them from another distributor.  They had them priced around $350 which was WAY low for the brand--it was hurting their reputation.  So he said they were going to let those disperse into the market, then get back in a few years later when they could raise the price back up.  Sure enough, 2-3 years ago they did just that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top