Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 5:38:54 PM EDT
Well apparently washinton county will not accept the info off the missouri carry instructors permit system.
I have nothing better to do I guess than pay them. I think not. So anyone sue a sherrif in small claims yet?
Apparently I'm gonna have to so sheriff Andy Skiles can here a judges orders.

So can I sue in Jefferson County where I and my credit were put into the system and avoid the sherrif possible old boy judge or what.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think you would have to sue in the county of the Sheriff but I don't know.  If you did get his golfing buddy judge, you could easily appeal but then you would probably need an attorney.

ETA:  It might be worth an email to Kevin Jamison to see if he has run into a similar issue.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you call him?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Please keep us abreast of the results as I occasionally have students from Washington County.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#5]
It's been my experience with a few (Christian County Sheriff Joey Kyle comes to mind .... ) that think it doesn't matter what the law says. THEY are the law in their area, and if you don't like it, tough shit. I couldn't get any help from the PA of that county, the Attorney General, the Sheriff's Association , nobody. Finally after the 45 days had expired I told him he was now breaking the law and violating the rights of his own citizen , and I no longer had anything to do with it. I had done my job as well as gave him more than the law required (this was before the database though) . He told me that he was going to give the guy his CCW but didn't believe that I had a lesson plan and I wasn't qualified to be an instructor. I thanked him for his heartfelt concern of my safety and that the only LAWFUL thing he COULD do was give the guy his permit since the only one violating the law was the Sheriff.

Nedless to say, I will never pass through that county. I would never come out. I wish you luck, It's just too bad the law does not obey "the law" .
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Do what I did to Greene County. Tell the local news station there is a sheriff breaking the law not accepting state creds... they do a report and the American people hear it as he's not allowing them to carry with their ccw permit

Shit gets fixed instantly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top