Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2015 9:05:42 PM EDT
We recently lost our doberman mix, and when I think back on all the personality traits of his I really enjoyed, they're all the doberman side of him.  

We aren't necessarily ready to get another dog just yet but I know good breeders often only offer puppies every so often.

Not looking for a show dog, just a healthy well tempered family pet.  Does anyone know of reputable breeders in the MO area?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
We have one here in St. Joseph.

It's where I obtained Zeus.

They have Warlock in their lineage, Zeus is 113 pounds...no fat!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I know a lady in Texas that breeds and trains Schutzhund Dobermans.  One of her dogs was 10th in the world in Italy last year.  I'd give you her contact info if you want it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my friends has a dobie, ill see where they got her from.

Edit: I texted him and he said they got her from a friend that had an accidental litter. Best dog I've EVER been around and she was an accident, kinda funny. Good luck with the search though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know a lady in Texas that breeds and trains Schutzhund Dobermans.  One of her dogs was 10th in the world in Italy last year.  I'd give you her contact info if you want it.
View Quote

I'm not interested in show or agility and I know you pay a premium for puppies from a successful lineage of either.  I want a quality dog but I'm mainly concerned with companionship, so temperament and health are my biggest concerns.  I'd still be interested in info though, they usually have some from the litter deemed show quality and the others go for less but are still great dogs.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Her dogs are all working animals.  I will get contact infor when I get to work Monday.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of my friends has a dobie, ill see where they got her from.

Edit: I texted him and he said they got her from a friend that had an accidental litter. Best dog I've EVER been around and she was an accident, kinda funny. Good luck with the search though.
View Quote

That is the way it usually goes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top