Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2015 7:36:56 AM EDT
Shooting at the St. Charles Chuckee Cheese last night.

We take our kids there on occasion to play games but only before noon as the crowd gets, interesting after that.

http://www.kmov.com/news/st-charles-county-news/One-person-wounded-during-shooting-at-Chuck-E-Cheese-in-St-Charles-289872861.html
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
And people wonder why o refuse to live closer to a city........
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#2]
No matter what city you live in, chuckecheese is like a mini ghetto.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I am confused how there even could have been a shooting since there is a prominently displayed "No Guns Allowed" sign.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Not one officer I know who has ever worked in a town with a CC or worked secondary at one will ever take their family there.

My kids have been raised to more or less gag every time a CC commercial comes on TV.

I've dealt with "parental" exchanges, meth heads cold cooking there, felons in possession of firearms, and even had a brawl there that included the "guests" and the staff.

Just....no.  Do it for the kids.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Years ago we used to take the family there.  (20 years ago.)   I few years ago my niece wanted to go and away we went.  Got there, walked in,  did an about face and walked out.  It was a complete freakin disaster area inside we must have looked like an invading army from the looks we got.  That was in Indianapolis and we haven't been near one since.  

Oh... And stop blaming the sign!  I'm going to start protesting that the sign needs a voice.  Every time the door opens, he should sound off.  "No guns allowed."  "For your own safety return to your car and leave."  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

QFT.

The one in Springfield is in a decent part of town, in a good shopping center, yet I feel like my chance of being mugged increases on my way to Best Buy from Pet's Mart.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Werd.

My daughter's birthday fell on MLK day this year & since me and the wife were both off we all spent the day doing fun stuff.  We drove past the one in Independence & the wife says "oh, that might be fun!"

Chuck E Cheese, in Independence, on MLK day.

No freaking way.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No freaking way.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]
We've taken our kids to CC a few times.  The key is to go on Sunday morning & be there when they open the doors.   Play games until noon or when the first "undesirable" shows.   Then go somewhere decent to eat lunch.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Havnt been there since I was about 4 (2001ish). Got lost in the giant plastic playcave thing whatever you wanna call it. Hadn't been back since. Guess I was the last generation to have a decent cc around. Shame, I used to like the place when I was little. Times change
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Werd.

My daughter's birthday fell on MLK day this year & since me and the wife were both off we all spent the day doing fun stuff.  We drove past the one in Independence & the wife says "oh, that might be fun!"

No freaking way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Werd.

No freaking way.

At least it wasn't Sugar Creek...

Independence is the "Armpit" of Missouri

Sugar Creek is the "Armpit" of Independence
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was a kid, Showbiz was the place to go.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When I was a kid, Showbiz was the place to go.
View Quote

No kidding!
Never been to a Chuckcheese and from the reviews, don't plan on it.
I am guessing their pizza is no better the majority of their customer base?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#15]
If you like pizza......STAY AWAY!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#16]
What's showbiz.......im a young'un.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

From what I remember, and from what I read in the reviews- Showbiz was just a better version of Chuckcheese.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#18]
... where a kid can be a thug?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

From what I remember, and from what I read in the reviews- Showbiz was just a better version of Chuckcheese.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.  Back in the day, there was no Chuck e Cheese in St. Louis, we only had Showbiz.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Charges have been filed against one of the perps.  You have got to read what happened.  A ton of

http://www.kmov.com/news/st-charles-county-news/Woman-charged-in-connection-with-shooting-at-Chuck-E-Cheeses-in-St-Charles-290149141.html
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Showbiz is like Chuck E. Cheese, but with a gorilla and some bears.  Where I grew up, when Showbiz folded, CEC acquired the locations and made them a combined attraction.  They had the CEC stuff, but the old Showbiz animatronics as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Correct.  Back in the day, there was no Chuck e Cheese in St. Louis, we only had Showbiz.

http://youtu.be/jiN0pYSIeOU
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/jiN0pYSIeOU

I recall a few birthday parties at Showbiz pizza when I was a youngin. I remember them as a fun time..  Now I hear that CEC's are now a magnet for thuggery and ghetto trash.  I suppose this article adds credence to that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top