Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2015 5:43:49 PM EDT
I posted this in the Handgun area, but I know that there are few people who just stick to the MO section.  So I thought I would post it here too.

So my buddy (whom doesn't computer) just picked up a TP9SA.  We went to the range last week and he put 350 rounds through it.  The gun ran great all afternoon with no issues.  I got to put a few of that 350 though it and really enjoy the gun.  When he got home and took it apart he noticed that there was a big scar on the inside top of the slide.  He started checking around and noticed that his two magazines were worn down on one of the feed lips.  Just curious if anyone else here has noticed this.

Here is a pic of the slide.

Here is the pic of the top of the magazine when inserted in the pistol.

Here is a little video of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlZgTGqveng&feature=youtu.be

It was dropped off at FedEx this morning and should be at Century Arms soon.

Thanks!
Phil
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that spring looked like that out of the box too.  My buddy is a former USMC Armorer, so when someone else in the pistol forum posted a pic of their gun with a good looking spring he set to counting coils.  My buddies spring was shorter (don't remember how many coils shorter he told me) so he is assuming that whom ever built that gun stretched out that spring to get it to fit.  It will be interesting to see what everything looks like when he gets it back.  He is going to do a followup video of unboxing what ever they send back.

Phil
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never heard of Canik before...

New company or been around for a bit and I just never heard of'em???

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never heard of Canik before...

New company or been around for a bit and I just never heard of'em???

View Quote

Made by Century Arms from what I've seen.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Century Arms doesn't "make" anything. They're really just an importer, sometimes they contract with builders to produce rifles from parts kits.

Canik 55 is the Turkish company producing these pistols, which by the way get overwhelmingly positive reviews. Century Arms is merely their US importer.

Canik55 Website
View Quote

Thanks for that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Kind of reminds me of a Walther P99.  (Without the money.)
I think there is a review in Hickock45's utube channel.  

It will be interesting to see what they come back with.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#8]
It is extremely similar to the Walther P99.  The previous version (TP9) got lots of great reviews, especially given its price point.  You could find the TP9 for around $300, and sometimes less.  Then the TP9SA came out and it got a lot of great reviews from pre-release guns, although that always has to be taken with a grain of salt because Century Arms is providing these guys with guns, and unless it is a giant turd they are usually going to say that they like it.

My buddy had been going back and forth a bunch about what he wanted to buy and been saving some money for a while.  After all the good press he decided to give it a try and use the extra money for ammo and all the other goodies that go along with buying a new gun.  So far he is frustrated, but still happy with his purchase.  We will see how Century Arms handles the warranty claim.  In the other thread in the handgun section, there were several people that have noticed the same marks on their pistols.  Although most do not seem as deep, but it can be hard to tell from pics.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_36/156687_Canik_TP9SA_Slide_Marring.html

I will post his updated video when he gets the pistol back.

Phil
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top