Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:08:50 PM EDT
No visit to the DMV, no photograph, just a laminated card with the Sheriff's name on one side and my info on the other side.  I was also given a county sheriff's mug and a cable handgun lock along with a copy of the new rules and an admonishment to always carry a government issued ID along with the permit.  I even found a parking spot right in front.  Quick and painless.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Platte County
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is due this year. Just hope that Jackson County is lite the day that I go.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Jackson County is by appointment only and running 4-6 weeks out on appointments. Call them at least 2-3 months ahead of time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Jackson County is by appointment only and running 4-6 weeks out on appointments. Call them at least 2-3 months ahead of time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took me a month to get them to answer the phone to make an appointment.  Once they answered, my appointment was almost 2 months out.  This was during the summer last year though
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took me a month to get them to answer the phone to make an appointment.  Once they answered, my appointment was almost 2 months out.  This was during the summer last year though

Make faces if you want, but my experience wasn't too different. Appointment was five weeks from when I made the call, and it took six weeks after that for them to issue my permit. Pickup was also by appointment only, and that appointment was two weeks after they called to say I had been approved.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was making the squinty eye at Jackson County as I too reside within it.

View Quote

Entirely appropriate. I may have made some disbelieving noises when I was told my appointment was so far away. I'm going to be moving to Clay County in the near future, and looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to the Cole County Sheriff's office last week to get renewal info, as my permit expires in March. It seems like they have no sort of backlog and no appointments needed. I know when I got my initial permit, there was a sign on the wall stating a specific time and day that they would do printing. That sign is no longer there.

Info for Cole County renewal:

Old permit and a cashier's check or MO for $50.00 made to Cole County Sheriff's Office.

Also  price hike will hit NEW permits on Feb. 1 2015

*******   Effective February 1, 2015 there will be a change in the fees for New Conceal and Carry Permits.  The fee will be changing to $28.75 for MSHP/CRID  and $71.25 for Cole County Sheriff’s Office.  Other fees will not change.  *******
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went to the Cole County Sheriff's office last week to get renewal info, as my permit expires in March. It seems like they have no sort of backlog and no appointments needed. I know when I got my initial permit, there was a sign on the wall stating a specific time and day that they would do printing. That sign is no longer there.

Old permit and a cashier's check or MO for $50.00 made to Cole County Sheriff's Office.

*******   Effective February 1, 2015 there will be a change in the fees for New Conceal and Carry Permits.  The fee will be changing to $28.75 for MSHP/CRID  and $71.25 for Cole County Sheriff’s Office.  Other fees will not change.  *******
View Quote

Cole County is hard to beat.  Miller County can be a bit of a PITA, but it sounds like there are a lot worse out there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I renewed mine in Saint Charles County right before Christmas. No muss, no fuss. Just walked in , asked lady behind the glass, what I needed to do. Filled out short form, gave her 50.00. She said I would get letter in 10 days, got letter picked up. No appointments no bs, Just good friendly service from St Charles County Sheriffs  Dept, just like it should be.........
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Cole County is hard to beat.  Miller County can be a bit of a PITA, but it sounds like there are a lot worse out there.
View Quote

Going to hate it when Greg White leaves office. Hopefully his replacement will be just as good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#14]
My county is much improved since the Dept of Revenue is out of the picture. I'll bet the process didn't take 20 minutes from beginning to end. Walked out with my new card.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Going to hate it when Greg White leaves office. Hopefully his replacement will be just as good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard a rumor this weekend that he will be retiring soon.    

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not really a price hike.  It's still going to cost the applicant $100.00   The sherrif just gets a little more & the MSHP a little less.

Anybody else heard of other counties doing this?  

I thought it was odd that Cole is giving MSHP less money for the background check

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's not really a price hike.  It's still going to cost the applicant $100.00   The sherrif just gets a little more & the MSHP a little less.

I thought it was odd that Cole is giving MSHP less money for the background check

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I applied for my permit ( new ) in March of 2012, it cost me about $32.00 total. It all went to MSHP, but the price increase is understandable with the permit changes.

Other counties were just charging the max ($100.00 ) this whole time. Cole was just charging what MSHP needed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've known for a few months now, why I posted what I did. From what I know of the guy, he did a hell of a job in office.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll join you in a little stink eye for Jackson County
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:32:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

When I applied for my permit ( new ) in March of 2012, it cost me about $32.00 total. It all went to MSHP, but the price increase is understandable with the permit changes.

Other counties were just charging the max ($100.00 ) this whole time. Cole was just charging what MSHP needed.
View Quote

Most other counties were charging the max $100 fee because no one challenged them to what their actual costs were.

St. Louis County was charging $76 because they had done a cost study as part of their lawsuit back in 03. They are now at $92.50.

My county, Franklin, was charging $60.50 but even they are going to the $100 max on 2/2.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Renewed my CCW today. As a walk in, it took about 15 minutes. Would have been shorter, but the person ahead of me was renewing their CCW as well. This was Cole county.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone dealt with Johnson County sheriff?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I love the new renewal process. Quick and easy. It took all of ten minutes last year.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Any one renewed in Boone Co?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like you can do it online.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No visit to the DMV, no photograph, just a laminated card with the Sheriff's name on one side and my info on the other side.  I was also given a county sheriff's mug and a cable handgun lock along with a copy of the new rules and an admonishment to always carry a government issued ID along with the permit.  I even found a parking spot right in front.  Quick and painless.  
View Quote

My experience was similar in Cole County but I didn't get a mug or a cable lock. I feel cheated.

In and out in about 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My county is much improved since the Dept of Revenue is out of the picture. I'll bet the process didn't take 20 minutes from beginning to end. Walked out with my new card.
View Quote

Yip, Morgan Co - same for me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Greene County does that laminated piece of printer paper, too.  Looks kinda shady, but I was in and out super fast, and had an appointment in a week.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here is some reading info.

http://www.missouricarry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71945

Kevin
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#31]
can anyone give some feedback about Clay county?
thanks,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top