Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2015 7:53:29 PM EDT
Any of you blue guys know if it was a converted open bolt?

I heard a quip on the radio on my way home calling it a "sub-machine gun".... You almost never hear of MG's being used in crime here in the Midwest so it piqued my interest. Preliminary interwebs search results are inconclusive.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
We know how dead on accurate the media is on identifying weapons....

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We know how dead on accurate the media is on identifying weapons....

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/Postings%20photos/55afe2abc6fcc277aba6c453d9538b0b.jpg
View Quote

Or dogs.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
On the radio this morning they said handgun with an "extended" magazine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
KMOX reported earlier that it was a TEC-9 "that has a reputation for being easily converted into a fully automatic pistol". Later in the day, Chief Sam Dotson was on, calling it a machine pistol several times.. It was never said whether is was full auto or not, but I'm leaning towards not. The city administration is not exactly friendly to the 2A and I'd venture a guess that if the TEC-9 was converted it'd be reported as such.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Gun used in the shooting:

"The INTRATEC 9mm was purchased in 2002 in DeSoto, Missouri, but the suspect, Isaac Holmes, was not the purchaser, according to a news release from the SLMPD."

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope that thing doesn't become the poster child for the "gun show loophole".
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:35:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gun used in the shooting:

"The INTRATEC 9mm was purchased in 2002 in DeSoto, Missouri, but the suspect, Isaac Holmes, was not the purchaser, according to a news release from the SLMPD."

View Quote

That's a Tec-9. No question about it. I guess some dumb@ss was trying to kick it "old school".
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I used to have one of those, absolute POS.

I have never seen one with the short barrel and no heat shield like that.
View Quote

I know absolutely nothing about those but looking at the angle of the muzzle in that picture, I was wondering if a hack saw got involved somewhere along the way.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
After seeing a better pic of the weapon, I retract my statement.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know absolutely nothing about those but looking at the angle of the muzzle in that picture, I was wondering if a hack saw got involved somewhere along the way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to have one of those, absolute POS.

I have never seen one with the short barrel and no heat shield like that.

Its a pistol, why would you bother? Take an inch off?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I kind of doubt it, the heat shield was part of the receiver and I don't see a crappy cut there, and the front sight would have been relocated as well. They were spot-welded on.

ETA: Found several online photos of the short-barrel version so I guess they were a thing.
View Quote

That's the post ban version. Wasn't allowed to have a hand guard over the barrel and I think they cut the barrel off behind the threads and to keep the weight below the 50 ounce maximum.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Well that's rather boring then....

Where are all these evil MG's that you can buy at a gun show?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well that's rather boring then....

Where are all these evil MG's that you can buy at a gun show?
View Quote

Ice Cream Truck bra...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#16]
last gun show I went to there was a guy selling oil filter adapters as suppressors.  had videos showing ppl shooting with them and kept telling ppl that were walking by to not believe the gun store bs and that they were legal to use as suppressors.....  ya I walked away as fast as I could
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
last gun show I went to there was a guy selling oil filter adapters as suppressors.  had videos showing ppl shooting with them and kept telling ppl that were walking by to not believe the gun store bs and that they were legal to use as suppressors.....  ya I walked away as fast as I could
View Quote

I can't believe BATF hasn't stepped in yet.

Anyone else remember the adapters for attaching an empty two liter soda bottle, it didn't last long before BATF outlawed them.

I don't believe they are CLEARLY informing their customers that firing a round through the adapter with an oil filter attached is a Felony.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Anyone else remember the adapters for attaching an empty two liter soda bottle, it didn't last long before BATF outlawed them.

I don't believe they are CLEARLY informing their customers that firing a round through the adapter with an oil filter attached is a Felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is what I heard the guy say and the video he had playing on the table showed a couple of rednecks blasting away through 1 with a rifle....
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are such a LIAR!!! Those are not suppressors, they are waste CLP catchers.  Any possible noise abatement is purely coincidental!   (insert sarcasm icon here)
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why y'all be hatin' on the solvent/patch trap adapters?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is what I heard the guy say and the video he had playing on the table showed a couple of rednecks blasting away through 1 with a rifle....
Why y'all be hatin' on the solvent/patch trap adapters?  

hey the guy at the table said cheap suppressor and they are made to fire though, not I...  but like I said, I went the other way when I saw it.  I have too much invested in my legal cans
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:47:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top