Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2015 2:52:23 PM EDT
I'm not saying i'm a gunsmith or anything but I had done everything to my AR10 myself, and its not that hard to do for me. basically I can buy parts and put them together I would never attempt cutting or any crazy stuff like that lol

The wife wants an AR - for fun and deer hunting

But all the one's on the market hurt for her to hold as they are front heavy.

so I was looking at a bull-pup type, which i can't build. i know they are expensive but they look bad-ass and if she dont like i'll shoot it lol

or and AR pistol which she can't shoulder (300 blackout possibly)

or pay the fine for the SBR (300 blackout possibly)

I'm really hoping to get something she can use and enjoy shooting with me, she does not like my AR-10 to much noise and kick for her, and way to heavy to hold lol

I have fired a 300 black-out and i didn't notice any more kick than a 5.56 round

also i'm left handed and would like to use it also!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get a lightweight profile barrel and a bcm key mod rail.

If She can't shoulder that she needs to hit the gym.

And I would never ever ever buy a left handed rifle in an ar platform.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The wife wants an AR - for fun and deer hunting
View Quote

LUCKY!
I'm having trouble getting my wife to even agree to this (but I think I'm close):

(Kel-Tec PLR16)
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a lightweight profile barrel and a bcm key mod rail.

If She can't shoulder that she needs to hit the gym.

And I would never ever ever buy a left handed rifle in an ar platform.
View Quote

you can't shoulder the AR pistol because the ATF just made it a crime. plus it look very uncomfortable to do lol

she has neck issues and holding a front heavy gun make her hurt

"And I would never ever ever buy a left handed rifle in an ar platform."
stays the guy that has never been burnt on the face from hot brass lol

also that was more for the bull-pup i see a few on the net that holding it left hand would eject the case into your neck........... ouch
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to agree about lefty AR uppers. As long as the upper has a brass deflector, it will be fine for a lefty to use. I have 26 years experience with the M16/AR15 platform and shoot left hand due to my eye sight. The only time I have ever had a problem with hot brass was with the M16A1. You can always build a rifle with a light weight 16 inch barrel and use a shorter A1 or collapsible stock (with storage compartments) with weights added to help balance the rifle for her if it's muzzle heavy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have to agree about lefty AR uppers. As long as the upper has a brass deflector, it will be fine for a lefty to use. I have 26 years experience with the M16/AR15 platform and shoot left hand due to my eye sight. The only time I have ever had a problem with hot brass was with the M16A1. You can always build a rifle with a light weight 16 inch barrel and use a shorter A1 or collapsible stock (with storage compartments) with weights added to help balance the rifle for her if it's muzzle heavy.
View Quote

everyone says that but every ar-15 i have fire puts hot brass in my face, or it distracts me coming across my field of view. now my Ar-10 does not bother me but it throws the brass flatter like this, also maybe because of the scope?

(all shots taken with sound trigger on camera)
http://bit.ly/1yK8zBu

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty easy to get an AR down to 5 pounds.

Below that it gets REAL EXPENSIVE!

Trust me, I know
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Built this for my GF and she loves it cause it's super lightweight, scope just got here so that'll be added later,  BCM KMR is your friend for a lightweight rail.  This one is right at 6lbs.
" />
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Built this for my GF and she loves it cause it's super lightweight, scope just got here so that'll be added later,  BCM KMR is your friend for a lightweight rail.  This one is right at 6lbs.
http://<a href=http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps62cb4395.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

very nice how is the weight in the front? that's what bothers her  the most

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

umm i just realized that every AR-15 i have fired with the M16 style with the solid stock in the back and not the adjustable ones!!!

i did just see a AR the is fully ambi from the factory at the shot show but its like 2800 jeez
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:05:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Weight up front is negligible points naturally without effort, honestly one of the best AR's I've built super light.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I am as well going to suggest a light weight barrel.
14.5 pinned and weld, with about a 10" forearm.
I like the evolution rails from Samson.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I just finished my first AR build. I recommend letting her find the parts she wants. I found a lot of the stuff I put on mine at local gun shows and gun shops.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa143/friscochris/Mobile%20Uploads/20150125_112321_zpsbo2euod2.jpeg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top