Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 10:39:17 PM EDT
It's open.   Pretty nice place for a gun shop.   They have silencers too!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are their prices nice as well?
View Quote

$25/hr for a lane? Ouch.

Membership isn't cheap either... I'd have to use it a HELL of a lot to make it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#3]
The prices I looked at seemed close to msrp.  The cafe has an attractive menu, a sandwich will run you $8.  They have a women's clothing line, lots of gun accessories and ammo.  One thing I liked is the way the display cases are set up.  The handguns are spread around the room and you can walk right up to the rifle cases without having to look past the counter like most shops.  But to answer your question...the prices are too high.  Maybe that's because they are tithing 10% to a Christian foundation.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The prices I looked at seemed close to msrp.  The cafe has an attractive menu, a sandwich will run you $8.  They have a women's clothing line, lots of gun accessories and ammo.  One thing I liked is the way the display cases are set up.  The handguns are spread around the room and you can walk right up to the rifle cases without having to look past the counter like most shops.  But to answer your question...the prices are too high.  Maybe that's because they are tithing 10% to a Christian foundation.
View Quote

So they tax you to pay their tithe? That doesn't seem like it meets the intent IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
To be honest, I don't but guns and ammo in stores for the most part, so there prices may be in line with other stores.  I don't want to scare anyone away based on my opinion only.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Thought this was going to be a thread about some scumbag getting lead poisoning in Lee's Summit.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I plan to check it out and when they have full auto rentals I will try that out....

But yeah, it looks really nice and crazy expensive. Most gun owners are cheap ass bastards. I don't know if they have enough high brow clientele in that area to make it last long or not.

I usually head to Showme Shooters in Claycomo. Memberships are cheap and I can shoot for $9 a day.

Still this other place is supposed to have a rifle range. I guess if I just have to shoot the AR when its 10 below...

Someone with deep pockets had to finance it. Hope it doesn't burn out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thought this was going to be a thread about some scumbag getting lead poisoning in Lee's Summit.

View Quote

Me too.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Me too.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Me three.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well I plan to check it out and when they have full auto rentals I will try that out....

But yeah, it looks really nice and crazy expensive. Most gun owners are cheap ass bastards. I don't know if they have enough high brow clientele in that area to make it last long or not.

I usually head to Showme Shooters in Claycomo. Memberships are cheap and I can shoot for $9 a day.

Still this other place is supposed to have a rifle range. I guess if I just have to shoot the AR when its 10 below...

View Quote

On the contrary ... High end ranges are up and coming.

They are decidedly NOT the dark-pine-and-old-mounts gun clubs most of us know. And they ARE how the shooting sports and Second Amendment are going to maintain or gain traction in the next fifty years. The economy still sucks, but there are a lot of 20- and 30-somethings (and 60+-somethings) with a lot of disposable income. They want (and are able/willing to pay for) a friendly, welcoming atmosphere - which is something a lot of ranges and shops fail miserably at.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They are decidedly NOT the dark-pine-and-old-mounts gun clubs most of us know. And they ARE how the shooting sports and Second Amendment are going to maintain or gain traction in the next fifty years. The economy still sucks, but there are a lot of 20- and 30-somethings (and 60+-somethings) with a lot of disposable income. They want (and are able/willing to pay for) a friendly, welcoming atmosphere - which is something a lot of ranges and shops fail miserably at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know they aren't unique, I've heard about other similar ranges. I don't know what the over head is on that place, but I just hope they have enough people that can support it. It's in a good spot as there are lots of wealthy people in Lees Summit and Blue Springs. I used to live 5 minutes or so from where it as put in. I am hoping they do well even if I am not able to frequent it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:I know they aren't unique, I've heard about other similar ranges. I don't know what the over head is on that place, but I just hope they have enough people that can support it. It's in a good spot as there are lots of wealthy people in Lees Summit and Blue Springs. I used to live 5 minutes or so from where it as put in. I am hoping they do well even if I am not able to frequent it.
View Quote

This, exactly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

From what I understand it's one individual that owns it and his pockets are very deep.  I'd too hope their here to stay.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Me three.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Me three.

Also.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

My title read as well. Have things gotten that bad that we think along these lines now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I stopped by to see what was what last week.

The facility is pretty nice.

The range is a nice enough place to shoot and is far enough away from other indoor ranges that I think they might get good business.

Their retail strategy is interesting, but I think they're targeting a different clientele than most local shops.

The primary reason I went was to meet their gunsmith. His name is Stu, and I hear they recruited him from Armsmart.

Have any of you had work done by him?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The range is a nice enough place to shoot and is far enough away from other indoor ranges that I think they might get good business.

Their retail strategy is interesting, but I think they're targeting a different clientele than most local shops.

The primary reason I went was to meet their gunsmith. His name is Stu, and I hear they recruited him from Armsmart.

View Quote

Really? Yeah I had Stu do some work. Just tapped and drilled a optics mount for my Mark II. I've talked to him in the past and liked him. Interesting they acquired him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Decided to stop and take a look on the way home from work today and like others said nice place. My understanding on the range fees was, if there is no line or people waiting to shoot they will let you stay past the hour and can move from the pistol range to the rifle range or back again. I can't afford there membership fees but I would like to use there range once in a while since its only 5 min from my house. There back stop is rated up to 4000 fps which means I can shoot my AR in there. They told me it would be like 3 weeks before they get any of the full auto stuff in. Regular gun rental was $15.00
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Went and stopped by. The place was busy. Oddly they had some comfy couches and chairs with signs not to sit on them?

Maybe they were for sale, I dunno.

Decent selection of stuff - some really high end stuff like Ed Brown and Wilsom 1911s. I've never seen a $3000 1911 in a shop before.

it was organized weird - like I found and FH FNS in one case, and another FNX in another. I couldn't tell if it was by caliber or type or what....

Most of their ammo wasn't labeled so I don't know the price. I was in the market for a 10/22 and they had the one I wanted for $369, which is $10 higher and $25 more than I paid at another shop.

The range looked nice and clean. The price is just really high.

It was really busy so I wish them luck. If they made fees 1/2 off I'd maybe go for it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Decided to stop and take a look on the way home from work today and like others said nice place. My understanding on the range fees was, if there is no line or people waiting to shoot they will let you stay past the hour and can move from the pistol range to the rifle range or back again. I can't afford there membership fees but I would like to use there range once in a while since its only 5 min from my house. There back stop is rated up to 4000 fps which means I can shoot my AR in there. They told me it would be like 3 weeks before they get any of the full auto stuff in. Regular gun rental was $15.00
View Quote

That'll handle pretty much any chambering in an AR (excepting .204 Ruger), and really most any centerfire cartridge slower than the .22-250/.220Swift. The hyper .17s are still in the mid-high-3000s (.17Hornet - 3650, .17Ackley - 3850) and those are really boutique cartridges... most of the folks shooting those have "special" places to play.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I went and shot there this morning.

The "tactical" range is the cat's ass. 25yd, any caliber under 4000fps, no AP/I/T or steel-core. Timed turning targets, well-lit, well-ventilated. Didn't ask about drawing from a holster, but I was shooting from low-ready and doing double/triple taps on timed turners and having a great time.

No restrictions on rate of fire, "just keep everything on the paper". Staff was test firing a full-auto MP5 while I was there.

It's probably a good thing it'll be a longish drive from the new house.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No restrictions on rate of fire, "just keep everything on the paper".
View Quote

Sounds really cool!  I need some practice, and I think I can still keep it on the paper.  

My hand is better so I need to get back to practicing.

How busy was it?  And do you think you got your money's worth?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sounds really cool!  I need some practice, and I think I can still keep it on the paper.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No restrictions on rate of fire, "just keep everything on the paper".

I got there right after they opened (at 10am), there were a LOT of cars in the lot but apparently most were employees. Probably eight or ten people browsing around the store, one guy in line for the range in front of me. In the "tactical" range there are 6 lanes; the guy just ahead of me was in one, I was in one, the staff member played with the MP5 in one for a few minutes, and a guy came in a little after 11 to a third lane. The pistol range was empty the entire time I was there. Didn't see the rifle range, since it's on the other side of the store.

It's worth keeping in mind that once you've paid your range fee for the visit, you can stop, start, change ranges, etc - the gal made a point of telling me that. Offered to let me start on either the rifle or pistol range and then swap if I felt like it, or go back and forth, etc. On their facebook page they said some people will come in, shoot an hour or two, take a break for a cup of coffee and sandwich (on site café!), then go back to more shooting.

I do think I got my money's worth. If I lived closer ... a membership would be a definite. It's not an every-weekend kind of thing at $25/lane, but if we were going a few times a month it'd be real easy to justify a family membership. As is, I think I can justify once every month or two, especially in the winter.

Other things I noticed...
- there were multiple tubs of the D-Wipe handwipes around the range.
- there is a sticky lead-removal floor mat on the door between the range and the store.
- there is a handwash station immediately outside the range door.
- this is NOT a "lost-brass" range; you can recover anything behind the line. Forward of the line is gone.
- sweep up your own brass. There are brooms and a floor grate to catch it.
- an archery range, somewhere. Didn't see it. Rated for crossbows as well as regular bows.
- a MILO simulator range. Spendy, but perhaps a good way to try out scenarios...

The store is beautiful, although all the guns I could see tags on were priced awful close to MSRP. (LCP for $349, 10/22 stainless/synthetic for $289 are the ones that stuck in my head.) All major brands were covered. Stocking dealer for SilencerCo/SWR. Lots of top-end optics.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Stopped by here a few weeks ago. Very nice facility. However, I found their selection of firearms a little lacking compared to CR Sales in Independence (much smaller store). 9mm Glocks were around $550 plus tax. That's about $50 more than usual.

Their range seems state of the art with all kinds of filtration systems, etc.

Just wish their prices weren't so high. But I guess the nice facility helps out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stu is among the best KC area gunsmiths.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Stu is among the best KC area gunsmiths.
View Quote

What sort of work have you seen from him?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I love how this place is literally down the street from where I live
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:15:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

My ammo budget wouldn't survive that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A friend of mine gave me a gift card so I could try it out.  It's just down the street from me as well and now I'm worried about my ammo budget.

Don't drug dealers give away the first samples to get you hooked?  
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Were there actually brooms on the range, or were they squeegees?  If brooms were actually on the range they need to watch out.  It's a $5,000 fine per broom from OSHA.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A friend of mine gave me a gift card so I could try it out.  It's just down the street from me as well and now I'm worried about my ammo budget.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just down the street as well (Woods Chapel) imagine all these  Arfcomers so close to each other
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Were there actually brooms on the range, or were they squeegees?  If brooms were actually on the range they need to watch out.  It's a $5,000 fine per broom from OSHA.
View Quote

Squeegees.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Good deal.  OSHA is a M'fer with ranges.  I just sat through a seminar last month, and it really made me wonder why anyone would want to own a range.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good deal.  OSHA is a M'fer with ranges.  I just sat through a seminar last month, and it really made me wonder why anyone would want to own a range.
View Quote

I can imagine the ROI is pretty good *if* you have a solid business model.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I went there with my wife.

I absolutely LOVE the range. I have been on a lot of indoor ranges that have been VERY poorly ventilated and cleaned. This is not one of them.

They have a top notch ventilation system and a sticky mat to remove lead dust from your feet. The $20-25 range fee is worth it if I am not tasting lead at the end of my trip. Very well lit, very nice digital target pulley system. I will be going back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Me three.

Also.

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I checked it out last week on my way home from working south of there.  

To me is was meh.  Prices are definitely MSRP and if you want to spend $3k+ on a 1911, there are plenty of those.  Ammo was high, and the few suppressors they had, Silencerco and TBAC were either MSRP or higher!  They did not carry any suppressor mounts and I don't they knew much about suppressors and they do not do NFA transfers.  The only person that asked if I needed help or had questions was a distributor rep. I didn't really like the feel of the place, concrete floors, kind of cold feeling.  Frankly, Arms Mart in Independence has wider and better selection.  I did not check out the ranges, but I have one closer to me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#38]
This place is maybe 5 minutes from my house.  Will have to check out the range.

I'm not rich like you guys so no $3k 1911s for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top