Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2015 6:43:03 PM EDT
If I get one, the day it comes in, I'm sending off the F1 to SBR it...
Silencerco is supposed to be making an adapter for the Octanes to fit it...   Also Stalking Rhino, said they are going to make a thread adapter as well...
My question is, how do I get my hands on one??? ASAP???  
I called my favorite dealer and put in the word to be on the lookout for one and I looked on Gallery of Guns...  
Are there any other (non-Bid) sites like that, that I should check???

I may have to sell/trade some shit off to make this happen...
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol/

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
+1

I saw an ad for it yesterday while thumbing through magazines.  Hopefully the mags won't cost a fortune.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1

I saw an ad for it yesterday while thumbing through magazines.  Hopefully the mags won't cost a fortune.

View Quote

Not sure of the accuracy of the quote, but I think I read they were supposed to be under 30.00 for a 30 round mag...

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
They're starting to ship now, but the first batch or two will be sold at a premium for sure.  I'll buy either one of these or a Sig MPX, but will be patient for either.  If the MPX actually hits the market with the integral suppressor 'flash hider' version, I'll buy one of those and pay for the stamps.  If the ATF keeps it tied up and it never sees light, then I'll get the Scorpion because of the price.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I like like this version.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I like like this version.  
http://youtu.be/x2AOIkSsj9k
View Quote
Man, I want!!!!

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya that's awesome
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:14:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Agreed.  I want one as well and if/when I get one I'll be form 1'ing it too.

There are 3 on GB already and all of them are at least at 1k already.

I'll wait until the dust settles and then pick one up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:43:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought they were timing its release with shot show.

If they keep it at $850 it'll sell and sell I suspect... Think I'd prefer a folding stock sbr to a Sig brace on it though...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:09:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I thought they were timing its release with shot show.

If they keep it at $850 it'll sell and sell I suspect... Think I'd prefer a folding stock sbr to a Sig brace on it though...
View Quote

Thats the rumor, one of the guys on a NFA forum said he just got one for 850.00...  

Also, CZ, has a stock for it, or will have it shortly...  I'd much rather have it than the Sig brace thing too, but I guess I could use it for a few months, till the F1 stamp comes in...

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#10]
If you get it bring it down some weekend!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If you get it bring it down some weekend!!!!!
View Quote

Will do!!!  Was up at Bens (Cedar Falls) today for a min and I got him looking for me one...

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Have you been to Rob's gunshop yet? The last few times I went into Bens shop was, I'll put it lightly, less than satisfactory!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I hate to make you jelly but the pawn shop I work at part time is a cz direct dealer. We have 4 on order and I have dibs on the first one. When I arrives I will efile a form1 and let sit the gun back and wait. One of the things I'm curious about is threading the barrel. I would like to put my HTA 9mm can on it.

The beauty of this is I work one or two days a  week and that helps pay for the pistol.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Although I am a HUGE CZ aficionado and have quite a few of their guns, I just cant get excited about this one, I am sure it functions fine as does anything they make, but for all that is aesthetic and holy this thing is hideous. I have a VZ61 that I love dearly for what it is, and although the caliber lacks any great terminal ballistics in single shot or semi, it becomes something completely different in burst fire. The one thing I AM looking forward to is the release of their "Bren 10" copy..since VLTOR has had their head up their ass for the last 4 years on that project.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I hate to make you jelly but the pawn shop I work at part time is a cz direct dealer. We have 4 on order and I have dibs on the first one. When I arrives I will efile a form1 and let sit the gun back and wait. One of the things I'm curious about is threading the barrel. I would like to put my HTA 9mm can on it.

The beauty of this is I work one or two days a  week and that helps pay for the pistol.

View Quote

Yup, JELLY, SUPER JELLY...  I really want one...  But its all good.... I don't have the money for it anyway, still recovering from Christmas...

I can't remember what the threading is, its some off the wall strange foreign type that no one (here) really uses...

However, I talked with a guy that works at http://www.stalkingrhino.com/ amd they apparently make a lot of adapters and crap for cans and even do some work on them... They have a few on order and He said they are working on an thread adapter so you can put the Octanes on it...  

Supposedly, Silencerco has a fixed mount in the works that will thread right on also...

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup, JELLY, SUPER JELLY...  I really want one...  But its all good.... I don't have the money for it anyway, still recovering from Christmas...

I can't remember what the threading is, its some off the wall strange foreign type that no one (here) really uses...

However, I talked with a guy that works at http://www.stalkingrhino.com/ amd they apparently make a lot of adapters and crap for cans and even do some work on them... They have a few on order and He said they are working on an thread adapter so you can put the Octanes on it...  

Supposedly, Silencerco has a fixed mount in the works that will thread right on also...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if they could come up with something for my HTA. With it being a straight blow back gun i wont need to use my booster.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I wonder if they could come up with something for my HTA. With it being a straight blow back gun i wont need to use my booster.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure what an HTA is, what size are the threads???  You could always contact them and ask...  I knew a few other places that may be able to do something...

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not sure what an HTA is, what size are the threads???  You could always contact them and ask...  I knew a few other places that may be able to do something...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont either. I know that can to gun is 1/2x28, it shoult be pretty easy, find the thread for the cz and the can and make an adapter. Its just time and money
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't see the attraction.  Would be kinda cool suppressed and sbr'd I guess.  As a pistol, Ghey!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been looking for a 9mm rifle/carbine but don't really want a 9mm AR. This looks pretty promising, but only if I can form 1 it and get the CZ stock. I hate the look of the Sig brace.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've been looking for a 9mm rifle/carbine but don't really want a 9mm AR. This looks pretty promising, but only if I can form 1 it and get the CZ stock. I hate the look of the Sig brace.
View Quote

From the conversation I had with a cz rep I gathered they were bringing in as many stocks as they were pistols. That could have changed by now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

From the conversation I had with a cz rep I gathered they were bringing in as many stocks as they were pistols. That could have changed by now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From reading on CZ-USA's Facebook page, I gather that there's some people worried about 922(r) and CZ has sent off for a clarification from the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was under that impression that 922r does not apply to registered SBRs since they are no longer "sporting" firearms.

Or do I owe the man an apology?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From reading on CZ-USA's Facebook page, I gather that there's some people worried about 922(r) and CZ has sent off for a clarification from the ATF.
I was under that impression that 922r does not apply to registered SBRs since they are no longer "sporting" firearms.

I always thought that 922(r) wouldn't apply because it's coming in as a pistol and I didn't think it applied to pistols.  Never heard of people talking about 922(r) when talking about SBR'd Glocks when they weren't made here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I always thought that 922(r) wouldn't apply because it's coming in as a pistol and I didn't think it applied to pistols.  Never heard of people talking about 922(r) when talking about SBR'd Glocks when they weren't made here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

922 doesn't apply if you're doing a form one. You are the manufacturer and you can source any parts. That's my under standing and interpretation of the law.

What about all the sbr'd Draco and hk stuff.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Also, look at the Beretta CX Storm...  I know they can be had in 9mm and I think  .40 and .45...  Takes the same mags as the a few of the Beretta pistols...

Soon as I figure out what needs to be done to thread mine and keep it legal I plan on sending it in to get threaded...  I kind of what to SBR it too...

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Bump for pictures later.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Shot one on Monday.  Liked it, will have it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Really, here local? or on travel?

Man I want one...
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Shot it at the new product shoot at the Acusport business conference in Dallas.  Also shot the Glock 40, and .22tcm conversion for the Glock.  I really liked all of them.  The Heizer AR223 Derringer though, I could do without.

OH, shot Silencerco's new Omega .30 suppressor.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top