Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2014 1:19:57 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with black market arms in auxvasse? I considering ordering a para 1911 from them on gunbroker (they have the best price by far) but can't find any info on them. They will have to ship to my FFL down here in OK, but I was just curious if anyone had experience with them, good or bad.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've known a few people that have dealt with them. They are about 20 minutes from my house in the middle of bfe.

They seem to be an ok business to deal with in person, not sure about state to state though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been in their shop once and they were very freindly.  They had some reasonably priced merchandise.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
always treated me decently, too bad they are 30 min drive or I would stop by more often.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I went ahead and ordered my new 1911 from them. They were nice over the phone and payment was quick and easy. Would have liked them to ship yesterday, but looks like it will be Monday before they ship. Was hoping to have the new para before new years. I'll report back when I get it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

always treated me decently, too bad they are 30 min drive or I would stop by more often.
View Quote

LOL...  My two favorite gun shops are each over an hour away from me, one West, one South...

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite gun shop/range is about 15 mins from me. There's another about 10. Both are good but only one has reloading stuffs.

Update on my purchase from Black Market Arms -

After not having received an email about the handgun shipping by noon today, I emailed them asking if it had shipped. Their response "We have not shipped because we need to know which address your dealer would like us to ship the firearm to. The Premises address or the PO BOX?" - this was the first contact by them regarding this question - I had not received an email or call from them, nor had my FFL. They knew about this FRIDAY - why wait until I asked them to ask the question about which address to ship to?

So - that has me slightly upset. When I talked to the person Friday who took my payment information, he said it would ship 24-48 hours, more likely within 24. I called back Friday afternoon to confirm they had a copy of the FFL from my LGS (since it was Faxed and sometimes faxes have a way of getting lost). They did have the FFL (on the fax machine). At this point they had all the info they needed, but weren't proactive about trying to solve the problem of to which address to ship?

After speaking with them today, and telling them to ship to the physical address (as confirmed by my FFL) and asking politely to try and get the firearm shipped today (since it was all packaged up already, all they had to do was stick a label on it) - I STILL have not received a email saying my item has shipped(EDIT - received email at midnight, see below).

I was hoping to have it while still on vacation from the holidays, but it does not appear that will be happening. Even if they ship tomorrow, it won't be here until Friday at the earliest, one week after payment was made (and the end of my Vacation). I wouldn't be as upset had they been proactive about getting the shipping address question solved.

So, while some people seem to have had good experiences with them, I have not so far. Will report back when I get my new Handgun..

EDIT: I did get an email at midnight from stamps.com, which is the mailing service they use. Seems the website waits till midnight to send the email notification. USPS still does not show any tracking information for the shipment, which isn't really surprising. Will see if USPS updates tomorrow with tracking info. Maybe I will still get it before the New Year.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Any update OP?

I just bought a PS 90 off them from Gunbroker. So far they have been quick to reply. I received a reply to my email about 30 minutes after I won my auction. Slight mix up on the first reply, but they were quick to fix it. They were going to ship the rifle after I said I would be picking it up, but have since made a note on my invoice to indicate that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Way the fark out in the boonies, but my transaction went smoothly. They even had a bunch of 22 in stock.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I drove through Auxvasse today.   Where the hell is this place?

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I drove through Auxvasse today.   Where the hell is this place?
View Quote

20 miles ---------->

Um, exit 144 and go north until it Ts off ( 5 miles ). Make a left on MO-E. Then a right on CR 281 ( dirt road ). 1/2 mile on your right. You'll see a small sign on the left of the road to show you where to turn right.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for the delayed reply, just saw the request.

As for an update, I received my handgun without issue on January 2nd. A full week after having paid for it, despite it only needing to come about 500 miles. As stated in my previous post, I made payment promptly the morning of 12-26, had my FFL fax their license to them, which they had the afternoon of 12-26 (i called to confirm). I had hoped it would go out that day, but it didn't. When it didn't, I called back the following Monday afternoon (12-29) to see if there was a delay or something - they said they didn't know which address to ship to - the P.O. Box or the Physical address of my FFL. While it is my understanding you can't ship a firearm to a PO box, but I told them to ship to the physical address. Note that by this time, they had not contacted me or my FFL to ask "hey, which address do we ship to?" - they just let it sit there.

Anyway, after getting the email at midnight on 12-29/12-30 that they had shipped it, the firearm finally left their facility on the afternoon of 12-30 via priority mail. Because of the holiday, my FFL didn't receive until Jan 2nd.

NOTE - the couple times I talked to them on the phone, they seemed pleasant enough - I just feel they need to work a bit on communication and shipping. I wouldn't have been nearly as upset had they contacted someone when they noticed the address issue.

Additionally, my handgun was slighty dirty - can't tell if it was from test firing or being fired before, but there was residue in the barrel and the in the slide. Also - I don't know if Para's come with an empty casing from test firing like many firearms do, but if they do - mine did not. Other than that everything with the handgun itself was fine.

I can see if I were semi-local and picking it up in shop there would probably not be any issues. Just the shipping that caused the headache.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

Glad to see things worked out for you. From what I saw of his operation, he has 3 people including him working there. Not sticking up for the guy at all  and should hire more if he can't keep up. Also from seeing his location, there's not much to hire.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Some companies don't clean the guns that well after test firing so that's really not abnormal.  S&W wheel guns are the worst - they are usually filthy and from what I can see they make no attempt to clean them after firing their usual 3-4 rounds.  Light residue in the chamber and barrel are not out of the ordinary and Para does not include a spent shell casing on any of the current 1911's.  Depending on if there was any fine tuning needed from the factory some guns are also shot more to make sure it was right before it leaves the factory so on occasion you might see this from most of the major manufacturers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some companies don't clean the guns that well after test firing so that's really not abnormal.  S&W wheel guns are the worst - they are usually filthy and from what I can see they make no attempt to clean them after firing their usual 3-4 rounds.  Light residue in the chamber and barrel are not out of the ordinary and Para does not include a spent shell casing on any of the current 1911's.  Depending on if there was any fine tuning needed from the factory some guns are also shot more to make sure it was right before it leaves the factory so on occasion you might see this from most of the major manufacturers.
View Quote

Good info to know. Like I said, I was happy with the firearm and not worried about it being slightly dirty. I'd buy from them again I think, but I'd be super clear on shipping info and not be in a hurry.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I just purchased an FN 5.7 MKII from them today on Gunbroker.

We will see how it goes....
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just purchased an FN 5.7 MKII from them today on Gunbroker.

We will see how it goes....
View Quote

Don't think you'll have any issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top