Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2014 12:43:00 PM EDT
Until this country moves past labels (black, white, brown, green, etc) there will never be harmony.

We need to look at the guy next to us and think, FELLOW AMERICAN!

Changes are slowly occurring, but there are obstacles, call it racist, but English should be the official language of the U.S.

When I first put on a badge there were damn few black cops. Now it's much more common.  Guess what I see when I see a black cop? BLUE!  

A year ago I hired a guy for a Supervisors position. Guess what...he was black. Why did I pick him? Because he was the best qualified person for the job. And time has proved me right, he is doing a great job.

But racism works both ways. Case in point...

Around 10 years ago my wife's cousin abandoned her daughter. She was half black. We made the decision to try and adopt her.

So we apply (the mother signed away parental rights), DFS does the home study and makes the recommendation that we be allowed to adopt her.

So we go before family court in KCMO to complete the adoption. The judge makes a statement that even though we are related and DFS approved us that "she needs to be with her own people" WTF!!! She is half black / half white. Oh, and BTW the judge was black.

Well to make a long story short, she is still in the system and at her age she will never be adopted.

If this wasn't blatent racism I don't know what else you could call it.

I was raised in a "color blind" home. I asked my father once "Why aren't you a member of Molia (Shriners)?"

He immediately was angry, he stated "Because they will not allow colored people in" (back in the sixties it was "colored people")

When I was riding with the local HOG group, we had a member who made a big push to sign several of us up for Molia. I said "No Thanks".

He asked why, I explained why. End of that story.

It's up to EVERYONE to end this!

Let's get past labels!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Until this country moves past labels (black, white, brown, green, etc) there will never be harmony.

Changes are slowly occurring, but there are obstacles, call it racist, but English should be the official language of the U.S.

When I first put on a badge there were damn few black cops. Now it's much more common.  Guess what I see when I see a black cop? BLUE!  

A year ago I hired a guy for a Supervisors position. Guess what...he was black. Why did I pick him? Because he was the best qualified person for the job. And time has proved me right, he is doing a great job.

Around 10 years ago my wife's cousin abandoned her daughter. She was half black. We made the decision to try and adopt her.

So we apply (the mother signed away parental rights), DFS does the home study and makes the recommendation that we be allowed to adopt her.

So we go before family court in KCMO to complete the adoption. The judge makes a statement that even though we are related and DFS approved us that "she needs to be with her own people" WTF!!! She is half black / half white. Oh, and BTW the judge was black.

Well to make a long story short, she is still in the system and at her age she will never be adopted.

I was raised in a "color blind" home. I asked my father once "Why aren't you a member of Molia (Shriners)?"

He immediately was angry, he stated "Because they will not allow colored people in" (back in the sixties it was "colored people")

When I was riding with the local HOG group, we had a member who made a big push to sign several of us up for Molia. I said "No Thanks".

Let's get past labels!
View Quote

Shut it old timer
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you so much...We all need to get rid of labels. We are all Americans and we should stand by each other and help each other.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I wish more people would think like this WELL SAID
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Racism is pushed by the people in power to keep ALL of us blind to what's really going on in the country. They tell this man that he is to hate me and I owe him everything for something that happened hundreds of years ago before my family even came to this country. And that I should hate that man because he is entitled to what I bust my butt for. In all reality the man keeps us divided because it's easier to control us. The dems prey on the poor and the republicans prey on the working middle class. But the rich keep getting richer no matter their color watching us fight over the scraps.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want to effectively destroy someone you get them to fight with someone else while you do your work....THAT'S THE US GOVERNMENT RIGHT NOW....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Let's get past labels!

View Quote

I pretty much agree... and you are mostly preaching to the choir on this one...  :)

Sadly, I think there are far more black folks that are racists, resent whites or just want to use them as a crutch/excuse for their failures or when things don't go their way...

Of course there are no factual statistics to this, its an observation from what I see (Where I went to school - mostly Black, in my Neighborhood, family, work, down in the country where I tend to spend a lot of time, stores, bars, facebook, youtube, other net sites, etc)  9 times outta 10, we are getting the blame for something that happened generations before our time...  No one I know had anything to do with it, no one, that anyone I know, knows anyone that had anything to do with it...

I treat everyone alike (kindness and respect) till they give me a reason not too...

And on a side note, Why is it that no other races that are born here or come America cry about racism like some black folks do?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

This is a bit puzzling to me as I know Shriners of different colors and creeds.

Let's get past labels!
View Quote

I wholeheartedly agree.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have been told by Shriners "They have their OWN temple".

In other words....segregation.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:54:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to be the one to Break it to you . As long as you have those that Steal our money through Edict and give it to those that gladly accept it . It will never change . They are the ones that act like and think  they are the only race to ever have been slaves and are the end result of said slavery .
The same  have never ever Produced
And again they will never produce why should they ? when it is far too easy to act like a victim
Labels my Ass . News Flash You are not a Slave nor have ever been a Slave  Get over it , Start producing , Stop Expecting Whitey to feel sorry for your Lazy ASS .
No I am not prejudice or even racist . I hate everybody and hate everybody  equally  

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not a Shriner but I'm pretty sure that their hospitals have helped many sick and injured black children right along with white kids and at little to no costs to the parents so I don't think that Shriners are all bad.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a daughter who has prader-willi syndrome when she was born nobody could figure it out and at one point the doctor told me if she lives until monday take her to barnes . 2 years later a shriner found out about her problems she still could not stand on her own and he put the ball in motion to get her to the shriners hospital in st louis , gave me his car to drive her up there they paid for our hotel stay 2 weeks worth and gave me money for food none of which I ask for and tried to give back but they refused . long story short her regular doctor told me she would be lucky to live to 9 years old come may of 2015 she will be 30 years old lives in a home with 3 other women who have physical or mental issues and gets up every morning and rides a bus for an hour to work sewing leather gloves for a military contract . I dont care what anybody says or thinks In my book the shriners are number 1 I donate when I can .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top