Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2014 10:24:39 AM EDT
Was just reported on local news, here's the GREAT reporting they did
responded to domestic
2 shot, 1 was Deputy
Both in hospital

I haven't been able to get any more info, have several inquiries out to people I know in LE, nothing so far.
Since we are in the gun business we know most of the LEO's around here.

ETA, looks like it was in Versailles, South side (south of Pizza Hut) for anyone familiar with Versailles. names not released yet

ETA;2 shooter was the father of a couple kids my kids went to school with, his daughter wrote a nice post on her facebook(my daughter read it to me)
I'll not post it here, I think most here can figure out how to find it, Read the linked article and go from there. If someone else wants to post it here you can

She sounds like a class act, same impression my kids had of the family, I'm not sure what snapped in his life to come to this, sounds like he had been making an effort for some time to correct past life problems.

Sad deal for everybody involved.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Dam....today of all days....I can't find anything on it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of my Mom's family is from the Versailles area. Every time I'm in the area, it always seems like it would be a nice quiet area to live in.

Prayers for those affected.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Info I got, is the same as in the linked story.

My kids went to school with the ?shooters? kids, not 100% sure on what the fathers name was, seemed like a decent family.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Updated the OP , sad deal for everybody involved
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

MORGAN COUNTY, MO -- One suspect was killed and a deputy injured in a Morgan County shooting late Wednesday.

Just after 10:30 p.m., officers responded to a domestic assault call around the 18500 block of South 2nd Street just outside Versailles.

Upon arrival, officers confronted 41-year-old Randall Roden, of Versailles, who assaulted another person. While attempting to restrain Roden, he fired multiple shots at officers.

One of the shots ricocheted and hit a Morgan County deputy. The officer was taken to Capitol Region Medical Center in Jefferson City for minor injuries.

Officers returned fire at Roden and he was killed. An autopsy is currently being scheduled.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top