Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2014 5:00:17 PM EDT
Like the title says, I would like to get to some good ranges for rifle. NI am not card from Parma Woods, which isn't bad but I've also heard about a CA range near St Joe, Pigeon something or other?  Any insight would be great.  

Thanks,

P@
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure where you are at, but there is the public range near Lake City.  It is nice, but very controlled.

I am a member of the Lafayette Gun Club, a private range near Higginsville.  It is nice, no RO, members and their guests only and must be an NRA member to get a membership.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Like the title says, I would like to get to some good ranges for rifle. NI am not card from Parma Woods, which isn't bad but I've also heard about a CA range near St Joe, Pigeon something or other?  Any insight would be great.  

Thanks,

P@
View Quote

The only real downside to Pigeon Hill is there are a lot of Fudd's.

I can't remember how many times I've been muzzle swept there
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

P@

Except for the few times we had HTF shoot there
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

P@

Yeah, on the shoots we had before MODC banned automatic weapons there as soon as someone did a full auto mag dump the FUDD's would pack up and head for the hills.

They would start staring at us as we arrived. Nothing like 20 guys unloading enough firepower to overthrow a Central American Dictator to get a FUDD's attention.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
True.  The weekends can be interesting.  I usually go during low use periods.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like you must be on the north side of town so Pigeon Hill is probably your best bet. A few of us on the east side went to Concordia over the summer and had a nice time. The local ranges like Lake City annd Parma Woods are nice but there's no point in bringing an AR out there unless you just want to sight it in. They do not allow fun at those places.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I live by Liberty. I stopped going to Pigeon Hill because of a couple of skittish situations I had been in there. I shoot at Lake City primarily.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:10:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd love to try pigeon hill, but I learned to shoot from guys who believe a muzzle sweep deserves a butt-stroke.  maybe rules that out because of the yocals.  If anyone wants to team up for cover, let me know...  I live in the northland

Thanks,

p@
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd love to try pigeon hill, but I learned to shoot from guys who believe a muzzle sweep deserves a butt-stroke.  maybe rules that out because of the yocals.  If anyone wants to team up for cover, let me know...  I live in the northland

Thanks,

p@
View Quote

I trained under John Farnum...

He states in the classroom portion of his training..."Don't muzzle sweep me, I'll shoot you!"
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He states in the classroom portion of his training..."Don't muzzle sweep me, I'll shoot you!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

p@

Another good option, I still believe in the immediate effectiveness of a butt-stroke and its continuing use as a training tool.

thanks,

p@
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a new indoor range opening by the lees summit airport.  They will have 50 yard ranges (able to handle up to 50 bmg) and 20 yard pistol ranges and 20 yard tactical ranges.

http://www.frontier-justice.com/Firearms/Firearms-Range
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:05:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

P@

I remember the time you almost shot my feet on the 25yrd range too...AT THE SHOOTING BENCHES.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is a new indoor range opening by the lees summit airport.  They will have 50 yard ranges (able to handle up to 50 bmg) and 20 yard pistol ranges and 20 yard tactical ranges.

View Quote

Wow, guns, fashion, jewelry, furnishings, cafe, Lees Summit PD, City Council, State rep, a gun outfit doing stuff with local schools.  Ladies everywhere.  Where'd this business model come from, California, Arizona, Florida?

This..I gotta see.  I really hope they make a big go of it, something this area needs is nice places to shoot.  If the area gets a reliable gunsmith accessible to regular shooters out of the deal, in that alone we'll be gaining something.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wow, guns, fashion, jewelry, furnishings, cafe, Lees Summit PD, City Council, State rep, a gun outfit doing stuff with local schools.  Ladies everywhere.  Where'd this business model come from, California, Arizona, Florida?

This..I gotta see.  I really hope they make a big go of it, something this area needs is nice places to shoot.  If the area gets a reliable gunsmith accessible to regular shooters out of the deal, in that alone we'll be gaining something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drove by it the other night and didn't realize what it was. Huge building on the west side of 470 around exit 11 if memory serves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top