Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 6:58:07 PM EDT

Yep, you heard it right. Our governor just activated the Missouri National Guard in preparation of the coming storm.

In before the mag popoffs and it's happening gifs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
So that means good shoot?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

All that means is Nixon doesn't want to be accused of waiting too long to act.  Every decision he makes is purely a political calculation.  You would think he would be better at it than he is.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

All that means is Nixon doesn't want to be accused of waiting too long to act.  Every decision he makes is purely a political calculation.  You would think he would be better at it than he is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or... you know... He could be trying to prevent damage just to prevent damage. I'm not saying I like the man, or agree with him, but it's kind of common sense to get the guard ready, no matter what the decision. As well as it's his job..
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Jay Nixon is a weenie. That's all I have to say about that.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's get this over with already.. Tired of all this crying
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Exactly. Let justice prevail.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Or... you know... He could be trying to prevent damage just to prevent damage. I'm not saying I like the man, or agree with him, but it's kind of common sense to get the guard ready, no matter what the decision. As well as it's his job..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember how agitated folks got when the cops showed up with visible armor and rifles the first time? The whole "we were going to be peaceful 'til you showed up and acted like black people can't be trusted" thing?

Nixon remembers.

He's trying to provoke another riot.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Remember how agitated folks got when the cops showed up with visible armor and rifles the first time? The whole "we were going to be peaceful 'til you showed up and acted like black people can't be trusted" thing?

Nixon remembers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nixon remembers.

Nixon absolutely BLASTED the St. Louis County Police about being to "militarized".  Then the same or next day he called out the guard in response to criticism.

I stand by my previous statement and I'll add, he has no common sense.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nixon absolutely BLASTED the St. Louis County Police about being to "militarized".  Then the same or next day he called out the guard in response to criticism.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nixon remembers.

I was giving Jedidiah the benefit of the doubt until this happened.  There might have been some mistakes made by the local PD, but he threw them under the bus.  It was a bush league move.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s823.photobucket.com/user/thorshammerblow/media/wish.png.html" target="_blank">http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz155/thorshammerblow/wish.png</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s823.photobucket.com/user/thorshammerblow/media/wish.png.html" target="_blank">http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz155/thorshammerblow/wish.png</a>

No shit.  Jesus fucking hopscotching Christ already.  I am patiently awaiting more reasons to be more of the racist that I am just because I'm white, pay my fucking bills and don't punch cops in the fucking face.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No shit.  Jesus fucking hopscotching Christ already.  I am patiently awaiting more reasons to be more of the racist that I am just because I'm white, pay my fucking bills and don't punch cops in the fucking face.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check your white privilege yo...
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!!!!

Lets get it over with already.  If they had announced earlier in the month everyone could have had a normal Thanksgiving.

Now I've had to plan an alternate route around STL to get the the family's house & change up my CCW a bit.

Black Friday is going to suck in STL.  We're sure not going up there like usual.  Its going to be a big hit for the retailers.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

THIS!!!!

Lets get it over with already.  If they had announced earlier in the month everyone could have had a normal Thanksgiving.

Now I've had to plan an alternate route around STL to get the the family's house & change up my CCW a bit.

Black Friday is going to suck in STL.  We're sure not going up there like usual.  Its going to be a big hit for the retailers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!!!!

The fact that the NG has to be called up to announce that the right thing was done is beyond crazy.  I for one am sickitated.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry, there's 50+ Homeland Security trucks at the Drury Inn in Chesterfield.  Why?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#17]
St. Clair's MP's left this morning.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:58:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
St. Clair's MP's left this morning.
View Quote

Saw that
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Ramping up the Guard after the shooting has started is too late. Like the Governor or not, putting them in place beforehand is the smart move. Things are expected to come unhinged either way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top