Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2014 4:01:17 PM EDT
I have a buddy that lives in Webster Grove MO with his wife and two young kids (a nice town on the far west side of St.Louis).  He told me that people in some of the nicer neighborhood/communities on the outskirts of St.Louis, people  are getting a little worried because all of the Ferguson protestors/rioters/looters have been telling the news media that they are going to start “protesting” in these nicer area…trying to “shut down the communities” ….Clayton is one of the new areas that he mentioned.  

Is this really going on, or is it more stuff the media is dumping out there to be everyone all wound up and afraid?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I'm concerned anyone living inside 270 is well within reach of this crap.  If you can be in a bad area of town within a 10-15 minute drive from your house, you need to be ready.  Webster Groves fits that bill.  Same for Clayton, Brentwood, Ladue, etc.

Anyone inside 270 should have their head on a swivel and be fully prepared to encounter trouble.  This will NOT be isolated to just North County.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Webster Groves should be safe, the local police will not put up with that nonsense there. Too much money and too many important people around them parts.
South county might get some assholes and north county is chock full of them. St. Charles might get some but Jefferson County? No way will the protester cross that line, too many...umm... let's just say the north siders fear all those clean white linens hanging out to dry on the clothes line...
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Webster Groves should be safe, the local police will not put up with that nonsense there. Too much money and too many important people around them parts.
South county might get some assholes and north county is chock full of them. St. Charles might get some but Jefferson County? No way will the protester cross that line.
View Quote

Yep, this will be a city issue.  Tonight would be a good time to announce.  Down in the 20's.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep, this will be a city issue.  Tonight would be a good time to announce.  Down in the 20's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
South county might get some assholes and north county is chock full of them. St. Charles might get some but Jefferson County? No way will the protester cross that line.

And a strong chance of snow.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
South county might get some assholes and north county is chock full of them. St. Charles might get some but Jefferson County? No way will the protester cross that line, too many...umm... let's just say the north siders fear all those clean white linens hanging out to dry on the clothes line...
View Quote

This.

A small group tried to cause trouble at the galleria the first time around and got shut down hard.

Nice areas don't put up with that crap.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Heck the big mouthed white guy said that they are coming out to Warren county. I would expect that a lot of hunting rifles would be out here to greet them. And I am not just talking about 30-30 or 30-06 rifles either.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoot one it's a tragedy. Shoot a dozen it's a statement.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.

A small group tried to cause trouble at the galleria the first time around and got shut down hard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Everyone suddenly forget about all the protestors at the Attorney's office in downtown Webster last month???
It was a Stenger fundraiser and about 30-40 protestors showed up in early october...
Y'all forgot about that already?

If you live west of 141 you probably wont get much trouble, but I would not plan for Webster or similar areas to be islands of peace & tranquility while everything else goes to hell...
Bottom line, becareful and have alternate plans...
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have a buddy that lives in Webster Grove MO with his wife and two young kids (a nice town on the far west side of St.Louis).  He told me that people in some of the nicer neighborhood/communities on the outskirts of St.Louis, people  are getting a little worried because all of the Ferguson protestors/rioters/looters have been telling the news media that they are going to start "protesting” in these nicer area…trying to "shut down the communities” ….Clayton is one of the new areas that he mentioned.  

Is this really going on, or is it more stuff the media is dumping out there to be everyone all wound up and afraid?

View Quote

I live 5 miles down Chambers, East from Ferguson...

Can't wait till its all over...

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Everyone suddenly forget about all the protestors at the Attorney's office in downtown Webster last month???
It was a Stenger fundraiser and about 30-40 protestors showed up in early october...

If you live west of 141 you probably wont get much trouble, but I would not plan for Webster or similar areas to be islands of peace & tranquility while everything else goes to hell...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Well, I live waaaaaay west of 141 so I'm not up on every little thing that's happened.

But a handful of people yelling isn't that big of a deal. Seeing  actual riots outside of Fergistan is unlikely IMO.

Though my father is a PO not far from STL & there's people screaming about it in his prison. My cousins husband does private security in STL and has been old to expect mandatory OT after the  no bill, so I know everyone's on edge.

Inside of the Ferg area will be rough, but everything else is just talk IMO - everybody wants to be gangster till it comes time to do gangster stuff.

But you are right. Having a plan B or two isn't a bad idea.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Webster has Webster U, Eden Seminary and so on.  Clayton/Richmond Heights has Wash U., and the various govt. locations included courts, PA's office, PD office, and the Galleria Mall.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I work in Clayton and they have afew new cameras at intersections, as well as, on the roofs of some buildings.  I watched the protests from my 9th floor office and if the same number of people show up this time, like the last times, it will be a non-event. The  largest protest was the first, & I would estimate  maybe 250-300. Protestors max. Media made it out to be throngs of thousands. It wasn't.

I'm still prepared though.  Expect the worst & pray for the best.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in rural Boone County, do you think I will be OK?

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I live in rural Boone County, do you think I will be OK?

View Quote

You might already be dead and not know it
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:37:25 AM EDT
[#15]
We should be good out in Franklin..................unless they want to loot a fireworks store

ETA:smullin after all the problems you've had with  the burglary and now this I think I would be selling out and moving when this blows over.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:14:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I know I feel better being five miles away rather than five blocks.  Travel between Florissant and Creve Coeur should be ok, worst comes to it I can work from home.

Important stuff has been stacked deep.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]
It is not going to be the wide spread, "Rome is Burning" disaster many want to fantasize it will be.  

Knuckleheads will knucklehead, but this too will pass.  I wouldn't spend my entire paycheck on Mountain Home just yet.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Jay Nixon was on the television the other day telling us the police are not going to tolerate what has been going on over the past several months. Today a few dozen protesters laid in the street blocking traffic in the Loop area today. Police blocked traffic and not one was arrested. I know blocking traffic is a far cry from burning a building but this crap has got to stop. If I stood in the street to block traffic the police would have no problem arresting me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:51:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It is not going to be the wide spread, "Rome is Burning" disaster many want to fantasize it will be.  

View Quote

Knuckleheads will knucklehead, but this too will pass.  I wouldn't spend my entire paycheck on Mountain Home just yet.

agree^

I predict we've seen the worst of it during the initial outburst.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I stay around bates and grand all firearms loaded
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

agree^

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

agree^

Well crap... How about we just pre-burn the town then?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#22]
The problem as I see it this is not about Ferguson or some black kid getting shot by police at this point. Yes we will have people from Ferguson and from St. Louis who were protesting the other police shooting out there and then behind them will be the ones who missed out on a free tv or a new pair of kicks that will be waiting for the right time to break into a store. The real issue is the out of state professional protesters that will come to the area in large numbers for the sole purpose to disrupt and stir the others into action. They have had months to recruit and many are well funded and paying people to create havoc. Many major cities across the country say they are gearing up as well fearing this might explode past the St. Louis area. This is going to be an occupy Wall Street and with more news camera's showing up the more the crowd will try and give them something to put on the evening news. I am sure Rev Al Sharpton (The Fat Rat) and Jesse Jackson and the new Black Panthers are already in route to St. Louis to help get the crowd stimulated but again I would be watching to pro protesters to get things kickin in the 314. I hope I am wrong, and tomorrow morning I will be going to church to pray for our first responders that they get through this with no injury. The people on the other side all I can say is I hope they get what is coming to them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The problem as I see it this is not about Ferguson or some black kid getting shot by police at this point. Yes we will have people from Ferguson and from St. Louis who were protesting the other police shooting out there and then behind them will be the ones who missed out on a free tv or a new pair of kicks that will be waiting for the right time to break into a store. The real issue is the out of state professional protesters that will come have come to the area in large numbers for the sole purpose to disrupt and stir the others into action. They have had months to recruit and many are well funded and paying people to create havoc. Many major cities across the country say they are gearing up as well fearing this might explode past the St. Louis area. This is going to be an occupy Wall Street and with more news camera's showing up the more the crowd will try and give them something to put on the evening news. I am sure Rev Al Sharpton (The Fat Rat) and Jesse Jackson and the new Black Panthers are already in route to St. Louis to help get the crowd stimulated but again I would be watching to pro protesters to get things kickin in the 314. I hope I am wrong, and tomorrow morning I will be going to church to pray for our first responders that they get through this with no injury. The people on the other side all I can say is I hope they get what is coming to them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Good luck to you and all the rest will be in my prayers
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:22:23 AM EDT
[#25]
get this:

Ferguson Protest Group Releases List of Targets, Including: Anheuser Busch, Boeing, Emerson Electric, Airport
View Quote

wtf? what do these businesses, stores, hospitals, etc. have to do with the "incident?" INSANITY and ANARCHY.

Ferguson Protest Groups List New "Targets" for Protest

Robert McCulloch’s office
St. Louis County Justice Center
Stephanie Karr’s office
Olin Corporation Headquarters
Judge Maura McShane’s courtroom
St. Louis County Police Department
Governor Nixon’s Office (Wainwright Building)
Clayton School District Office
Department of Justice
Dean Plocher’s office
Ronald Brockmeyer’s office
Dan Boyle’s office
Thomas Flach’s office
Regal III Market
Canfield Green Apartments
Ferguson Police Department & Jail
West Florissant Quick Trip
Missouri Botanical Gradens
Powell Symphony Hall
Monsanto Headquarters
Peabody Energy Headquarters
Anheuser-Busch Headquarters
Emerson Electric Headquarters
Steve Stenger’s lawfirm
St. Louis Art Museum
Gateway Arch
Peabody Opera House
Ritz Carlton
Lambert International Airport
Mayor Slay
Boeing
St. Louis City Police Department
St. Louis Galleria
Plaza Frontenac
Six Stars Market
Colonel Jon Belmar
Senator Roy Blunt
Senator Claire McCaskill
St. Louis City Justice Center
St. Ann Police Department & Jail
Clayton City Hall
GCI Security, Inc.
St. Louis County Council
Clayton Police Department & Jail
Ferguson City Hall
Lacy Clay’s Office
Donors
Husch Blackwell LLP
Martin Insurance Group LLC
Stone, Leyton & Gershman
University Square Company
Stone & Alter Real Estate
Carey & Danis LLC
The Law Firm of Thomas C Antoniou LLC
Hammond & Shinners Law Firm
Collinsville Acquisitions Inc
Thompson Coburn
Commercial Bank
Sanctuaries
Greater St. Mark Family Church
Veterans for Peace Office
St. John’s Episcopal Church
Hospitals
St. Louis University Hospital
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center
SSM St. Mary’s Health Center
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Alexius Hospital
Kindred Hospital
Southwest Medical Center
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
get this:

wtf? what do these businesses, stores, hospitals, etc. have to do with the "incident?" INSANITY and ANARCHY.

Stephanie Karr’s office
Department of Justice
Dean Plocher’s office
Dan Boyle’s office
Thomas Flach’s office
Regal III Market
Powell Symphony Hall
Monsanto Headquarters
Steve Stenger’s lawfirm
St. Louis Art Museum
Gateway Arch
Peabody Opera House
Ritz Carlton
Mayor Slay
Boeing
St. Louis Galleria
Plaza Frontenac
Six Stars Market
Colonel Jon Belmar
Senator Roy Blunt
Senator Claire McCaskill
Clayton City Hall
GCI Security, Inc.
St. Louis County Council
Ferguson City Hall
Lacy Clay’s Office
Donors
Husch Blackwell LLP
Stone, Leyton & Gershman
Carey & Danis LLC
Thompson Coburn
Commercial Bank
Sanctuaries
Hospitals
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Alexius Hospital
Kindred Hospital
Southwest Medical Center
View All Quotes
Quoted:
get this:

Ferguson Protest Group Releases List of Targets, Including: Anheuser Busch, Boeing, Emerson Electric, Airport

Stephanie Karr’s office
Department of Justice
Dean Plocher’s office
Dan Boyle’s office
Thomas Flach’s office
Regal III Market
Powell Symphony Hall
Monsanto Headquarters
Steve Stenger’s lawfirm
St. Louis Art Museum
Gateway Arch
Peabody Opera House
Ritz Carlton
Mayor Slay
Boeing
St. Louis Galleria
Plaza Frontenac
Six Stars Market
Colonel Jon Belmar
Senator Roy Blunt
Senator Claire McCaskill
Clayton City Hall
GCI Security, Inc.
St. Louis County Council
Ferguson City Hall
Lacy Clay’s Office
Donors
Husch Blackwell LLP
Stone, Leyton & Gershman
Carey & Danis LLC
Thompson Coburn
Commercial Bank
Sanctuaries
Hospitals
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Alexius Hospital
Kindred Hospital
Southwest Medical Center

Gateway Arch? Lol..  Yes, they should go there first.  Let the Feds deal with it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#27]
At what point is it no longer "protesting" and becomes "terrorism"?  

I think it already has based on the fear/anxiety in the communities and the law enforcement/national guard response.

I would love to see the question asked in the media, but I know better.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

At what point is it no longer "protesting" and becomes "terrorism"?  

View Quote
Sadly, it depends more on who and where the aggressor does these things...

If any of this crap that has happened in the last few months was largely White folks, Christian, or Conservative, I'm sure it would be all over the news as "Domestic Terrorism" and we'd likely have some new govt agency and czar created to monitor and stop it...

Sadly, I'm afraid it will take a few Whities getting killed or someone important to be inconvenienced for the govt to put their foot down...

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#30]
If they make it to only a few on that list it looks like it's going to be wide spread. The question is how much enforcement is going to be allowed. Also who will be in charge. The head honcho's will be afraid to come down to hard for fear of the racism charge and if that happens all shit is going to break loose. This will be aided by the news organizations that will get a close up of an officer attempting to enforce the law but the lame stream media will call it brutality and racism. This is a platform and a location that these outside groups have been dying to have.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone have a good picture of the "Pants Up, Don't LOOT" billboard in Fergustan?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#32]
everybody up there in the city keep your heads down and your powder dry especially those who are leo , fire fighters or ems . I dont see much chance of any protest down here in bollinger county where men are men and sheep are nervous .
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#34]
St. Louis is too spread out, even the city to make any meaningful destruction widespread.  You need a LOT of bodies in a LOT of places and that just won't work out mathematically.  Short of being right in the middle of Ferguson, even for us city dwellers, isn't much to worry about.  There is the big list of places they're going to protest, my place of work is on there and there hasn't been shit announced about it so I take it they're not too worried, but doing what is necessary as a just in case.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm unconcerned about protesters in Ferguson or anywhere else in the County.

My worry is about carloads of unaffiliated shitheads that aim to roam around in unlikely places. Not really doing anything overt or loud, but causing problems with infrastructure and then scooting off to the next neighborhood.

LE is likely to be spread thin enough that mischief makers will have many opportunities to do little pockets of damage over a wide area with little immediate official response. Home and business owners can easily be put into a hard spot quickly with no good options available.  I don't want to shoot people. I don't want to have to try to "hold until police arrive". I don't want to have to think about how far to let some shitbird push their agenda.

Or maybe I'm looking at this wrong.  I just don't think the weather or grandstanding preparations will matter against the small well-versed percentage of provocateurs that want to light off a revolution. If those sorts really are out there.

Prepping for a fantasy beats no prepping at all, but I don't think the reality is likely to reflect our expectations.  

YMMV
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#36]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/17/jay-nixon-ferguson-grand-jury_n_6174954.html

Huffington Post article with audio from Nixon.  I feel so confident having him in charge of this situation.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm unconcerned about protesters in Ferguson or anywhere else in the County.

My worry is about carloads of unaffiliated shitheads that aim to roam around in unlikely places. Not really doing anything overt or loud, but causing problems with infrastructure and then scooting off to the next neighborhood.

LE is likely to be spread thin enough that mischief makers will have many opportunities to do little pockets of damage over a wide area with little immediate official response. Home and business owners can easily be put into a hard spot quickly with no good options available.  I don't want to shoot people. I don't want to have to try to "hold until police arrive". I don't want to have to think about how far to let some shitbird push their agenda.

Or maybe I'm looking at this wrong.  I just don't think the weather or grandstanding preparations will matter against the small well-versed percentage of provocateurs that want to light off a revolution. If those sorts really are out there.

Prepping for a fantasy beats no prepping at all, but I don't think the reality is likely to reflect our expectations.  

YMMV
View Quote
I agree 100%...  

One of the nights this 1st started when shit was going crazy, I was down at my g/fs house down in Fredericktown...  We were laying in be listening to the scanner feeds and watching F.B. updates...  I got up and drove home in the middle of the night as I was worried about my 18 year old daughter and our dogs...  The cops were all spread thin at the QTs and other business, so car loads of Thugs were rolling around partying, robbing and vandalizing shit all night, where they had an opportunity,,, Like 4 houses in my neighborhood got broke into that night... One they licked in the front door.  Listening to the scanner was like listening to something outta a bad crime movie...  Reminded me a Purge, needs batman movie....

I just want this over...  Without anyone I know getting hurt or me having to shoot someone intent on doing us harm...

We need a Snow storm of Epic proportions...  Its hard to thug around in 18" of snow...

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Doesn't exist yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone have a good picture of the "Pants Up, Don't LOOT" billboard in Fergustan?

Doesn't exist yet.

I hope to see a picture of it before it burns.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
get this:

(SNIP)
(snip)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
get this:

(SNIP)
(snip)

So, they are on that list due to daring to tell off Jackson for asking for the mostly poor assembly who came there to hear him speak for more funds?

Classy.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Saw this one. Not sure if it is real or PS:

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Shopped!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top