Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2014 10:44:36 AM EDT
i found one article that it was passed in 2011 but i can't anything in the current laws
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#1]
IF you are asking if Missouri has a law that would prevent you from being fired for violating a no gun policy on company property, the answer is no.

Their property, their rules.  While violating the company rules is not a crime, it could open you up to discipline including termination.  But what they don't know....
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a law protecting state employees that want to have their guns in their vehicles. I don't think there is anything for everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife had to deal with this recently, somehow somebody found out she carried and her boss said don't bring it back or don't come back.  She walked out and didn't look back.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We need the protection from pantywaist employers ignorant of firearms, and more so now as the environment is getting dangerous.

View Quote

Slippery slope AeroE.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Slope to what?

I want to keep a firearm in my vehicle while it's in the lot at work.  Two sometimes, in case I want to go shooting after work without going home first.

My employer will fire me if a firearm is discovered and denies me the ability to carry defense when I'm not on the property.  Yet, in states with laws and regulations which prohibit firing for keeping a firearm in personal vehicles, the company is willing to accept those requirements.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need the protection from pantywaist employers ignorant of firearms, and more so now as the environment is getting dangerous.

Slippery slope AeroE.

Slope to what?

I want to keep a firearm in my vehicle while it's in the lot at work.  Two sometimes, in case I want to go shooting after work without going home first.

My employer will fire me if a firearm is discovered and denies me the ability to carry defense when I'm not on the property.  Yet, in states with laws and regulations which prohibit firing for keeping a firearm in personal vehicles, the company is willing to accept those requirements.

The slope of property owners being told by the government what they must do. I fully understand the individual right, but when my rights in-peed on the rights of another then neither win.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The slope of property owners being told by the government what they must do. I fully understand the individual right, but when my rights in-peed on the rights of another then neither win.
View Quote

Oh, this is gonna get good.

What rights does an employer have? Is a corporation a person?

Presuming that an employer has rights, what rights are being infringed by allowing you to store a gun or other weapon in your personal vehicle on company property?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Presuming that an employer has rights, what rights are being infringed by allowing you to store a gun or other weapon in your personal vehicle on company property?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it is. Does the corporation own property? Do they set the rules and regulations on said property? And, more importantly, do we want increased "government" regulation on either property owners or individuals. My answer to that question is "NO!"

Corporations / property / business owners restrict our rights with the mistaken belief that if we employees exercise our right to self-defense using a firearm (by storing it in our vehicle on company property), that in turn they are liable if said employee uses the firearm in a nefarious way while on said property.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes it is. Does the corporation own property? Do they set the rules and regulations on said property? And, more importantly, do we want increased "government" regulation on either property owners or individuals. My answer to that question is "NO!"

Corporations / property / business owners restrict our rights with the mistaken belief that if we employees exercise our right to self-defense using a firearm (by storing it in our vehicle on company property), that in turn they are liable if said employee uses the firearm in a nefarious way while on said property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but if they denied my right, can i not sue them if some other crazy guy does bring his gun in to cause harm and they don't provide security?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]
What if I'm a construction worker who works on a public street but am still not allowed to carry per my employer? Anyone else think that's not right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A whole train load of that slope has already been unloaded on top of property owners.  This isn't a simple relationship between the individual and the government, a business and the government, a property owner and the government, and the business and the employee, and it's not only about rights, there's an ethical question to include in the balance.

View Quote

I agree with you. Too many laws already regulating everything. So, what the hell, let's add a few more.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What if I'm a construction worker who works on a public street but am still not allowed to carry per my employer? Anyone else think that's not right?
View Quote

Do you have options?

1. Find a job with a 2A friendly company.

2. Work to change the rules from within your current company.

3.  Work with the legislature to make laws that allow you to do what you want to do.

4. Live with it.

Pretty simple really.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have no dog in this fight nor am I an attorney .  A public street is not under his control Is It ????? As long as its in the car and you don't tell them I see no problem . Every construction company I have worked for has "No Gun Policies " of some sort . My present company has me at a high school . The super on the job told me not to park on school property as he knows I carry . So I pulled this up http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/Publications/Brochures/documents/SHP-863.pdf . I'm still there .
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have no dog in this fight nor am I an attorney .  A public street is not under his control Is It ????? As long as its in the car and you don't tell them I see no problem . Every construction company I have worked for has "No Gun Policies " of some sort . My present company has me at a high school . The super on the job told me not to park on school property as he knows I carry . So I pulled this up http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/Publications/Brochures/documents/SHP-863.pdf . I'm still there .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, a public street is just that however, there are still "work rules" that if not followed could result in disciplinary action.  

As for Mr. Gunner, while parking on the school property with a gun in your vehicle is not a state crime, since you carry on an out of state license you would most definitely be in violation of the federal gun free school zone.  Heck, parking or driving on the street would be a violation.  I know, I know, it is seldom an issue.  I would at least not park on the property though.  Ymmv
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it has already been established that you can store a weapon in your personal vehicle.

If you work for a company that makes a product you don’t like can you sue the company? Same concept!  Some companies do not allow cell phones or thumb drives for security reasons. As others have said their property their rules don’t like the rules that is your problem not theirs.  Find another job!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

True, a public street is just that however, there are still "work rules" that if not followed could result in disciplinary action.  

As for Mr. Gunner, while parking on the school property with a gun in your vehicle is not a state crime, since you carry on an out of state license you would most definitely be in violation of the federal gun free school zone.  Heck, parking or driving on the street would be a violation.  I know, I know, it is seldom an issue.  I would at least not park on the property though.  Ymmv
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since it is unloaded , in a case (Lock Vault) I am not carrying on any permit , but rather transporting . Just asking . Just the same I will heed your advice .
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Since it is unloaded , in a case (Lock Vault) I am not carrying on any permit , but rather transporting . Just asking . Just the same I will heed your advice .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad...  I misread your earlier post.  You are correct, unloaded, cased etc.... Is an exemption to the school zone deal.  I haven't read it for a while though, does it say anything specifically about on the property vs. off but in the zone?  I don't believe it does...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top