Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2014 4:20:51 PM EDT
I'm about to order a Spectre II from Silencer Shop and found out that my local dealer is getting out of the Class III game and is no longer doing inbound transfers.  I called Loftis but they are "not currently" doing transfers either.  Any suggestions on a local FFL/SOT who can handle this for me?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I know it's a bit farther away, but I've dealt with Frank Goepfert a few times now and he's a top notch guy. I'm sure there are much closer C3s, but Frank has a really good reputation. Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Brent at 417 guns.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
While I have not personally used them- give Gunsmoke on Division and Glestone a try.  They deal in suppressors.  

I had zero luck with 417.  YMMV
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Bigjr15 is who I use
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Gunsmoke were getting out of the NFA game last time I was in there.  Give Brent a try.  I believe Kelley's is an NFA dealer, but I don't really like them.  Of course you really NEED to try Steve at EDI.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gunsmoke were getting out of the NFA game last time I was in there.
View Quote

It's true, Gunsmoke is not accepting any more Class 3 items.  When what we have is gone, that's it.

Rev_Jason

PS, Even though I work there, I do not speak for them in any official capacity.  But it's true.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I've used Gunsmoke twice before on a suppressor and a SBS.  They have a Spectre II in stock but the guy I spoke to claims they don't even pre-fill the Form 4 for the customer anymore, basically just hand you a blank sheet and then its all up to you.  Just seems kinda lazy on their part if true.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's true, Gunsmoke is not accepting any more Class 3 items.  When what we have is gone, that's it.

Rev_Jason

PS, Even though I work there, I do not speak for them in any official capacity.  But it's true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rev_Jason

What is the unofficial answer to why they are getting out of class 3 sales?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I would use Brent at 417, and Bigjar15 is a guy i've used many times but you need to message him and talk to him.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rev_Jason

I don't work there, but Brandon left a while back for a different job.  That and the fact that there really isn't any money in NFA would be my guess.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't work there, but Brandon left a while back for a different job.  That and the fact that there really isn't any money in NFA would be my guess.
Holy cow? Really? I didn't know that. I bet that was a huge blow to Gunsmoke. Wonder where he went?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rev_Jason

Holy cow? Really? I didn't know that. I bet that was a huge blow to Gunsmoke. Wonder where he went?

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rev_Jason

He's a conductor for bnsf now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#13]
That would be a tough job to pass up. Smart move
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I passed it up. Ended up getting a better job at the company I worked for.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

When the whole e-file fiasco happened, a lot of people lost their forms that had been filed.  And when those forms were not recoverable, a lot of refunds were handed out.  It just wasn't worth the hassle.  However, if you want a good deal on a can...come in and ask.  

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I left that job. Good money if you are single but no life outside of work. Not worth it.

Back on topic, talked with the guys at Loftis and new ownership decided it wasnt worth maintaining the sot. Options are starting to get limited around here.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I took a drive out to Republic today and stopped in at Family First Pawn.  They are new to the Class III game and have nothing in stock at the moment.  The guy I spoke to said they will do Class III transfers for $25.00.  Seems like they are in the running to get my business .  

Anyone use Cherokee lately?  When I ordered my 762-SDN-6 (two years ago) I vaguely recall they wanted somewhere around $100.00 for a transfer and wouldn't transfer anything they had in stock.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:00:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I took a drive out to Republic today and stopped in at Family First Pawn.  They are new to the Class III game and have nothing in stock at the moment.  The guy I spoke to said they will do Class III transfers for $25.00.  Seems like they are in the running to get my business .  

Anyone use Cherokee lately?  When I ordered my 762-SDN-6 (two years ago) I vaguely recall they wanted somewhere around $100.00 for a transfer and wouldn't transfer anything they had in stock.
View Quote

Ive been into Cherokee twice.
The first time was an ok experience,no complaints.
The second time they seemed almost giddy that the awb might pass and ftf sales were going to banned and everyone would have no choice but to pay 65 dollar transfer fees.
Wont ever go back after that.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Steve @ EDI in Nixa.

Grove
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:56:38 PM EDT
[#20]

I'd think long and hard before ever dealing with EDI again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top