Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2014 10:00:42 AM EDT
In the end of Oct. i will be moving 8 miles outside of Nixa, in the very small town of Highlandville. Being very close to both Nixa, and Ozark i would like to find a good BBQ place. I like the sauce sweet and spicy hot, any recommendations? Also i would like to find a range (outdoor preferred) that has at least a 100yard range, 300 yards would be better. Also who/where is the cheapest place to buy ammo in the area? I buy ammo on-line, but you never know what the panic God's have in-store for us in the future. Can anyone help me out please?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
For ammo - EDI Guns in Nixa. Be mindful that Steve, the owner, does not put up with any stupidity.  Go in, pay for your shit and leave.

Busiek state park has a 100 yd range but it's public and there are some toolbags and wierdos.  Quail Creek in Marshfield is private and has a 400 yd range that keeps getting extended.

BBQ, well, can't help there.  I make mine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Andy Dalton is a manned range (hours are kind of restrictive) but there is no foolishness there.  It's $3 per hour (basically free) which gives you a private booth and access to ranges from 7 yards out to 100 yards.  

Unfortunately they don't allow some things that make unmanned ranges more attractive such as drawing from a holster, rapid fire, human silhouette targets etc. but if you want to go somewhere for a nice, quiet afternoon of shooting, its not bad at all.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Im in Ozark. There are plenty of gun stores in the area. Just depends on what you are looking for. Welcome to the area.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Last time I had Buckinghams BBQ in Nixa  it was great. Brand new building upgrade from the quonset hut downtown.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Whole Hog BBQ or St. Georges BBQ in Spfld should fit your needs.  I will 2nd the vote for Steve @ EDI Plus in Nixa.  I think his shop is great, he always has what I need at a great price.  

Grove
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whole Hog BBQ or St. Georges BBQ in Spfld should fit your needs.  I will 2nd the vote for Steve @ EDI Plus in Nixa.  I think his shop is great, he always has what I need at a great price.  

Grove
View Quote

That tater salad at Whole Hog is money!

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the area! Highlandville/Nixa is a good are that is growing fast.   EDI usually has what you want and if he doesn't he can find it. On to the BBQ portion....I make all of mine for catering purposes so I can't help. Good Cajun/creole food in nixa would be Blues Cafe. Welcome!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For ammo - EDI Guns in Nixa. Be mindful that Steve, the owner, does not put up with any stupidity.  Go in, pay for your shit and leave.

Busiek state park has a 100 yd range but it's public and there are some toolbags and wierdos.  Quail Creek in Marshfield is private and has a 400 yd range that keeps getting extended.

BBQ, well, can't help there.  I make mine.
View Quote

In other words....the guy is a tool, and acts like you should be happy he's even talking to you and taking your money.  Avoid him and his store.....

Bass Pro, Loftis, and Cherokee Arms have a decent selection of guns, ammo, and reloading supplies....and you don't have to put up with Steve's horrible attitude.

Andy Dalton range is very nice....very strict on the rules, but it keeps everyone safe.  $3 to shoot for an hour, not bad. There is an indoor range in Ozark..Freedom Arms or something like that. Never been there, but I've heard it's nice.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#9]
BBQ-
Whole Hog on South Campbell across from Bass Pro
Buckinham's in Nixa, Ozark, or across from Bass Pro
Famous Dave's and Dickey's if you want chain stuff

Ammo-
Lot's of option.

I have no real preference and usually can find what I need at Wal Mart to save me a drive.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
BBQ  Whole Hog at Campbell & Sunshine across from Bass Pro is my favorite.   Try the cheesy corn.   great stuff

Ammo    Lots of places around just watch your prices.   You will probably still buy from internet.  I like PSA.

Have bought guns from Steve.   His prices are good and he has large inventory.  You will know after first visit if you are a repeat customer.

Welcome
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Highlandville hosts a rather active HAM radio Repeater as does Nixa.  Nixa also has a local ham radio club.  

If you are lookin to buy a house on some acreage-hit me up-ill sell ya mine.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top