Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2014 9:19:11 PM EDT
I know this has been answered before but my brain is blurred from working on my first NFA eForm 1.  I executed my NFA trust today and began completion of the Eform. I want to get my lower engraved ASAP but was curious about the ST. abbreviation for SAINT (LOUIS). I have seen examples of Missouri SBR engraving where ST. LOUIS, MO or ST. PETERS, MO have been used but I've read other places that only the standard 2-letter State abbreviations are acceptable. While I know by the examples that others have used ST. instead of SAINT, are these acceptable by ATF?

While I am making this inquiry, I remember reading about someone in the Silex area who does nice SBR engraving work. I want to get mine done on the front of the mag well.  It would be about an hour drive each direction for the Silex area so I hope this is a "while you wait" possibility. I haven't heard of any nice quality STL engravers but would be open to any suggestions.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
St. Louis is acceptable.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I just had a lower engraved last Friday in Fenton at a place recommended by another member here.

http://www.slengraving.com/

I was extremely pleased and impressed with the quality.  They open at 8:00 a.m.  I was there at 8:50 and got a call in two hours that it was ready.

$50. I'll post a pic tomorrow or I can email it to you.  I will be going back for my next one.

ETA:

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just had a lower engraved last Friday in Fenton at a place recommended by another member here.

I was extremely pleased and impressed with the quality.  They open at 8:00 a.m.  I was there at 8:50 and got a call in two hours that it was ready.

$50. I'll post a pic tomorrow or I can email it to you.  I will be going back for my next one.
View Quote

Probably my recommendation, actually stopping by there at lunch to drop off my 870 to engraving.

Here's 2 more examples that they have done for me.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same place for me as well. They got me in and out in under an hour. I went to Gander Mountain while I waited.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Just today I took a lower to this place

Incredible Engravings
St.Charles, MO

Looked at their work from previous engravings, looked very impressive.  Their work starts at $65.

I will post a picture when done.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I just used them for the first time as well. They are awesome! Got it back in one day.

My lower was at Steele Point Guns in Troy for two months! Nothing was done.

This company in Fenton was recommended by several people.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Dropped off my 870 receiver this morning around 11, was ready an hour ago!

They didn't even bat an eye at the location I requested!

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the replies.  I will get my stripped lower engraved within a few days.  I'm also getting a can ordered but know it will take a while before I get that.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:25:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Same place for me as well. They got me in and out in under an hour. I went to Gander Mountain while I waited.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took an ak in last Tuesday to Steirn Laser in Fenton, I was the third NFA engraving they took in that day, but still had me done by the end of the day.
This is the second time and have been pleased with the results.  I would recommend them and will be going back myself for my next sbr.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I took my stripped lower to Steirn Laser in Fenton today and they did a great job engraving the required trust information.  It took them less than an hour to complete and the quality of the work was exceptional. The owner even came out to say hello while I was being helped at the counter.  Another employee, Zach, also came to the counter and told me he would be doing the work and wanted to make sure he did everything exactly as I requested. Even though it was later in the day, they assured me it would be done before they closed.  I got a call about an hour later saying it was ready.  Again, very pleased with the results and happy to give my business to a local company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top