Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:26:42 PM EDT
Probably needs a Legal Defense Fund started

He's screwed even if he's 100% innocent.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

City pays for his defense.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:15:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Two of the top defense attorneys in the St. Louis area have been on the radio doing interviews but neither have anything to do with the case. (Scott Rosenblum and Chet Pleban)

I hope he has been steered to a competent attorney but if it were me, I would have at least one of those two working for me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT any city I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I still say baloney. If there is a trial They will move it to a "less biased" jurisdiction and cherry pick the jury. It will happen a year+ from now when everyone has forgotten Furgeson. Hell the Rodney King cops were all acquitted and there was a tape there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:35:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes the City does pay for his defense.Hopefully he also belongs to a Police Union.May God be with him and his family.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes the City does pay for his defense.Hopefully he also belongs to a Police Union.May God be with him and his family.
View Quote

I hope you are right and know this for a fact, but I've worked for several municipalities over the years and if someone sues an officer individually they usually throw him to the wolves. Even with MIRMA & MOPERM having a maximum limit of liability to the municipality of $10,000.00

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Ill kick in some $$$ for defense.  If there is a fund, post a link.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
He is covered under FOP Legal Defense.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Legal defense funds have limitations.  You are assuming he will be charged with a crime?  I don't think so.  His greatest risk will be the fed's charging him with a CR violations (politically motivated).  All the people screaming for him to be charged with murder need to read the statutes. His actions were not criminal.  I will predict that the GJ will indict for Murder, 2nd degree but not the officer.  Michael Brown's partner in the Robbery should and likely be charged with Murder, 2nd degree. The elements of the crime fit his criminal liability:

Second degree murder, penalty.
565.021. 1. A person commits the crime of murder in the second degree if he:

(1) Knowingly causes the death of another person or, with the purpose of causing serious physical injury to another person, causes the death of another person; or

(2) Commits or attempts to commit any felony, and, in the perpetration or the attempted perpetration of such felony or in the flight from the perpetration or attempted perpetration of such felony, another person is killed as a result of the perpetration or attempted perpetration of such felony or immediate flight from the perpetration of such felony or attempted perpetration of such felony.

2. Murder in the second degree is a class A felony, and the punishment for second degree murder shall be in addition to the punishment for commission of a related felony or attempted felony, other than murder or manslaughter.

The officers use of deadly force is also authorized under Mo Statutes per 563.031 which reads in part:

A person may not use deadly force upon another person under the circumstances specified in subsection 1 of this section unless he reasonably believes that such deadly force is necessary to protect himself or another against death, serious physical injury, rape, sodomy or kidnapping or serious physical injury through robbery, burglary or arson.

The officer in this case was brutally attacked and nearly blinded by blood and the devastating eye injury.  When Brown approached again, the officer fired and killed the thug. The law is quite clear in the justification for the use of deadly force.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Funds raised for Officer Wilson amounts to $234,910 by 5,901 people in 5 days.

http://www.gofundme.com/SupportOfficerWilson

A new website has been established for donations for Officer Wilson. Donations at this website are all tax deductible as the the previous website wasn't.

https://www.gofundme.com/OfficerWilsonFundraiser
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the link, just donated.  I heard they empaneled the Grand Jury today on the radio and how the media was making an issue of the jury demographics, like it should matter. It's inherently biased that in such a short time span that the Court hasn't granted a change of venue.   Whatever happened to critical thinking in America? Mob rule is not "progressive".

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hero cop should be given a medal of valor for helping keep the streets
of Ferguson free of felons fleeing the scene of a violent robbery. Good job Officer.
I would ride with you any day. Law abiding citizens will back a cop over a street THUG any day of the week.
Let the facts be heard. Justice will prevail....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top