Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2014 7:12:44 PM EDT
So either this is new news, or I have been living under a rock.

Found out this opening up fairly near me.

http://www.frontier-justice.com/

Its.... different. I am pretty excited about the range, depending on the price. It will accommodate rifles, up to 50 cal, even though it is only 50 yards long. Still - sounds fun in the winter. And 25 yard ranges for pistols.

The name and Christian vibe is sorta odd, but I still want to check it out. Right now ShowMe Shooters and Crossfire are about equidistant to me and this would be a bit closer. Anyone have any insider info on it?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn looks nice, can even zero rifles inside cause it's always a new build during the winter
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks really nice.  I wonder how much memberships are.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:52:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I will have to check it out when I am in KC.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks really nice.  I wonder how much memberships are.
View Quote

I sent a request for info, will report back when I find out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hot damn! like a couple miles from my department.  Should be cool
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, RIGHT in my neck of the woods.  I requested membership info around 2 and had a call back around 5 but was unable to answer....looking forward to hearing details.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#7]
No email reply yet. I did talk to some locals at the USPSA shoot and they heard it was going to be pricy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks impressive.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
OK - one of their guys called me. It looks like its going to be a high end, pricy joint. Like you punch in the range you want and the target moves there. He will send me more info tomorrow he said, but IIRC a single outing is $25, monthly member ship is $49, and yearly is $500, though they are going to do a pre-sale for $400.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

OK - one of their guys called me. It looks like its going to be a high end, pricy joint. Like you punch in the range you want and the target moves there. He will send me more info tomorrow he said, but IIRC a single outing is $25, monthly member ship is $49, and yearly is $500, though they are going to do a pre-sale for $400.

View Quote

For what it looks like it is going to be, those prices aren't that bad.  I would pay $500 a year to have access to something like that year round.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:46:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For what it looks like it is going to be, those prices aren't that bad.  I would pay $500 a year to have access to something like that year round.
View Quote

I agree that for what they're advertising, the price is reasonable.  But I probably won't be able to afford it.  I'll probably have to continue to sweat and shiver out at Lake City.  It's only supposed to be 96 degrees this weekend ...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I can't say their price is too high for what they are offering, but I dunno if I can afford it.

They will have some other tiers to with access to a private club room etc. Members get preferred status when waiting for a lane as well.

OH - and they will have some full auto guns to rent.

They will be a class III dealer. So if you buy a suppressor from them, you can go out ant shoot it at the range while waiting for the paper work to go through. So thats pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

ETA: Realizing that I probably look like a jackass, let me explain my reaction...

The things they're doing cost a shitload of money. Like multiple millions of dollars. I understand that, and I acknowledge the investment involved. The flip side is what the market will bear.

There are only X number of people around here that have that kind of disposable income, and there are only Y number of people interested in guns. Of population Y, only Z are interested in buying the range time vs buying a new Glock or Aimpoint. To sell memberships, they're going to need to find people in this area that are X and Y and Z. Anyone that isn't all three isn't signing the line.

And the facilities may be different, but they have competition. Bass Pro is $75 a year for individuals, $100 for families. Pioneer is a $100 initiation and $150 a year. Lake City is $3 an hour, and the MDC range in Clinton is free.

I think their best bet is making money $25 at a time with the sort of people that only go to the range once every year or three and don't know about the other facilities.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ETA: Realizing that I probably look like a jackass, let me explain my reaction...

The things they're doing cost a shitload of money. Like multiple millions of dollars. I understand that, and I acknowledge the investment involved. The flip side is what the market will bear.

There are only X number of people around here that have that kind of disposable income, and there are only Y number of people interested in guns. Of population Y, only Z are interested in buying the range time vs buying a new Glock or Aimpoint. To sell memberships, they're going to need to find people in this area that are X and Y and Z. Anyone that isn't all three isn't signing the line.

And the facilities may be different, but they have competition. Bass Pro is $75 a year for individuals, $100 for families. Pioneer is a $100 initiation and $150 a year. Lake City is $3 an hour, and the MDC range in Clinton is free.

I think their best bet is making money $25 at a time with the sort of people that only go to the range once every year or three and don't know about the other facilities.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm inclined to agree with you. While Lees Summit and Blue Springs have a fairly affluent population, I don't know how many of them are going to invest such a scheme. Maybe Johnson Co would have been a better spot. I hope I am wrong as I'd like it to be open. But to be honest, it is mainly a pistol range. 50 yards is ok to plink a little with a rifle, but most people want more range to open it up. At $25 a session, I'll just got to show me shooters which is 20 min from me and I pay $9 to shoot all day if I want Crossfire isn't bad either. I am not a member of PGC, but once i get my rifle I may. And as you pointed out their fee per year is much less.

Now I can see myself going to go rent a full auto. That will happen. I also wonder how their store will be. Something tells me it will be like bass pro and be full retail.

Hey I've never shot at Bass Pro - they actually have a range? I thought it was just like a lane or two for testing? That's actually closer to me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh I got their pricing - let see how this copy pastes:

Range BenefitsAnnual FamilyAnnual IndividualCorporate
Annual Price$799 $499 $999
Pre-Opening Price$699 $399 $899
Reserve Classroom/Conference Space3/yr
Firearms Lane Rental Fee WaivedYesYesYes
Priority Wait List Status for Range Time333
Guest Passes3/yr3/yr
FFL Transfer on Firearms1/yr1/yr1/yr
Firearms Rentals1/yr1/yr1/yr
Quick Clean on Firearms Used at Range1/yr1/yr1/yr
Name and Logo Embroidered Range Bag111
Name and Logo Embroidered Polo Shirt111
Simulator3/yr3/yr3/yr

NOTES:

• Annual Family Memberships receive 1 range bag and polo shirt per family.
• Initiation Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
• Annual Family Memberships include Primary Member, their partner and immediate family members only. (4) Total
• Annual members have the opportunity to rent classroom/conference space.
• Archery can be added to the Annual memberships @ $175 Individual and $200 Family.
• Corporate Membership includes up to 5 employees.  Each additional employee $150
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Holy cow - here are the high end life memberships:

Range Benefits - Founding Members - Family Life Membership - Life Individual
Price $10,000 $7,000 $5,000
Recognition as Range Founding Member ? No No
Access to the Private Member Lounge ? ? ?
Reserve Classroom/ Conference Space 3/yr 2/yr 2/yr
Individual Range Locker with Name Plate Yes Yes Yes
Firearms Lane Rental Fee Waived Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited
Priority Wait List Status for Range Time 1 2 2
Guest Passes 15/yr 10/yr 10/yr
Discount On All Store Merchandise & Services 10% w/ 3x Guns 10% w/ 1x Guns 10% w/ 1x Guns
FFL Transfers on Firearms Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited
Classroom Training Free 2/yr 1/yr 1/yr
Firearms Rentals Unlimited 3/yr 3/yr
Quick Clean on Firearms Used at Range Unlimited 5/yr 5/yr
Name and Logo Embroidered Range Bag Free Free Free
Name and Logo Embroidered Polo Shirt Free Free Free
Archery Lane Rental Fee Waived Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited
Simulator Unlimited 10/yr 10/yr
Holster/Tactical Qualification Yes Yes Yes

NOTES:
• Initiation Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
• Both Family & Individual Life Memberships have a $99 monthly maintenance fee
• Family memberships include Primary Member, their partner and immediate family members only
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

This part is odd.  The maintenance fees run more than a regular membership after you've paid them $1000s?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This part is odd.  The maintenance fees run more than a regular membership after you've paid them $1000s?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

huh - I missed that... That is odd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top