Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 7:48:18 PM EDT
I have two wheelchairs that I don't need anymore, and I'd like to give them to people who need them and might not otherwise be able to get one. They're both missing the foot rest parts, because I always tied a strap across there to save space. They're both collapsible.

This one has a tall headrest, and there are releases near the handles on back that allow it to lay back.

The other one is smaller, and doesn't have the head rest or reclining ability. I accidentally deleted the pics of it, but if needed I can take more. This is the one I used for hunting, so it's spent lots of time in duck and deer blinds. Nothing fancy, but both are functional.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:52:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of anyone, but good on you for being willing to donate.  I 'spect wheelchairs are pretty expensive, and this'll probably help some down-on-their-luck family or individual a lot.
If you don't find specific people in need, I'm sure a local nursing home would put them to good use.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, I'll see where the nursing home is around here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be interested in 1 possibly.  The 79yr old mother in law comes to visit for a few months every yr.  We have a small wheeled "transport" chair, but a big wheeled would be better on non paved surfaces.  We usually end up at a family get together, state park, etc several times during her visit.  She can walk around the house, just not any distance and not on uneven surfaces.  I'm an hr west of STL and could pickup.  - JP
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
JP, I still have the one with the higher back, that can also recline, and you're welcome to it. I'm about 20mi SW of Jefferson City, near the little town of Brazito (off 54 West, towards Lake Of The Ozarks).  I could meet you in Jeff City most anytime, and once per week I go to Fulton if that would help. You could also come all the way to Russellville, if you want. Just let me know.

Edit - I put a couple new pics in there.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#5]
JP, do you want the chair?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Sure, just trying to figure out when I can get to Jeff for pickup.  I also haven't seen any pics as the links aren't working for me.  I dug through your photo bucket but no luck.  Could you send them to jp at johnpinnell dot com?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Pics sent.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm an hr west of STL and could pickup.  - JP
View Quote

If you can't pick it up, maybe we could find someone who could take it East from Jeff City.

I need it out of here pretty soon.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you can't pick it up, maybe we could find someone who could take it East from Jeff City.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm an hr west of STL and could pickup.  - JP

Wife says we don't need it.  She's not the one that has to push Granny though  :-)  I can't get out there for pickup anytime soon so I'm bowing out.  Thanks for the offer though. - JP
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#10]
OK, going to craigslist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top