Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2014 6:18:22 PM EDT
Hi all,

I am wondering if there are any good and safer places to live north of St. Louis???

Looking at the map:

It appears that places like Florissant and Spanish Lake might still be " da'hood ".

I notice the Missouri River and the Mississippi River kind of cut a peninsula there north of St. Louis where Highway 67 is  and connects to the Clark Bridge.

Or does that area between the two rivers always floods???

EDIT:  I would be looking at getting enough land to put a pole barn and maybe at some point filling it with a mill and a lathe.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#2]
^^^^ This ^^^^

I would also stay out of the West Alton-Portage Des Sioux area of St. Charles County.  Nothing wrong with that farmland area... until it floods!
The outskirts of Spanish Lake along North Riverview/Columbia Bottom Road or north on Bellefontaine Road into the very north part of the county.  
North Florissant area along Old Jamestown Road north from Hwy. 67 to nearing Old Halls Ferry Road.  
West Florissant (Shackelford Road area) area, might as well move to St. Charles.  That drive sucks to and along Lindbergh Blvd, especially in rush hour.
30 minute drive from St. Charles to Alton either way, I-70/I-270/Hwy. 367 or Hwy. 94 to Alton.  
Outside St. Charles or in St. Charles County along Hwy. 94 or Hwy. H (rural/farm area) area is alright.  Past that, your in flood territory.  
That can be a drive to get back through town and around when it floods, but that only every couple years.  
I live in Spanish Lake near Hwy. 367 and 10 minutes to Alton.  I live in a quiet neighborhood off New Jamestown Road.  
There are nice neighborhoods scattered around, but mostly on the outskirts away from the I-270 corridor.  It's all about want you want/or don't want in an area.
Good Luck.
me
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, thanks guys.

I am not married and don't have any kids.  At this rate, I suspect that I will never have kids, so whatever school system is of no consequence.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top