Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2014 5:51:05 AM EDT
I think there are still a few slots open in each match, if you sign up soon.

Generation III Gun Black Rain Ordnance Championship SEP. 5-7  2014  , held at Lake of the Ozarks, not far from Big Surf water park.
Enos
Facebook

2014 Brownells US 3 Gun Amateur and Junior National Championships which will be held September 27-28, 2014 , held at Lead Farm 3gun range, Versailles Mo.
Link to the thread on  ENOS
Website  Webite  hasn't been updated the dates have been changed and ARE 27-28th
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I appreciate you posting all of these, I'm really looking to get my feet wet with 3 gun.

Unfortunately with my job I need a good bit of notice.

I may be able to swing the one at the end of September, but by chance, do you know of any that are already scheduled for October?

EDIT: Meant October not Nov, oops.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Fall Multi-Gun at C.O.P.S. is November 1-2. Excellent match!

We will have our monthly match in October on the 25th. Same location as the Amateur Nationals at the end of September.

Where are you from?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's everything on my schedule for the next several months here in MO.
Aug 16  ;  Lead Farm 3gun monthly match
Sept 5-6-7 ;  Gen lll 3gun, @ Lake of the Ozarks
Sept 27-28  ; Am. Nationals, @ Lead Farm 3gun
Oct. 11 ;  Mil/LEO only match @ Lead Farm 3gun
Oct  25 ; Lead Farm 3gun monthly match
Nov 1-2  ;  Fall Multi gun  C.O.P.S. range near Rolla MO.
Nov. 15 ;  Lead Farm 3gun monthly match - to be decided, it's opening day of deer season, may move to 22nd

Most likely take Dec-Jan off,
Feb ??  we'll see how the weather is and decide then

Start monthly matches again for sure in March 2015
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
There is also a Multi-gun match at Benchrest Rifle Club in Wright City, Mo on Sept. 21st.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!

I'll put the October one on my list.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Are any of these suitable for a beginner? I know how to run my guns, but never have done 3 Gun.  I don't wanna be a retard learning courses, any recommendations?  I think I'll make the drive from St. Louis if its in September or later and ~3 hours or less.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:44:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are any of these suitable for a beginner? I know how to run my guns, but never have done 3 Gun.  I don't wanna be a retard learning courses, any recommend. ions?  I think I'll make the drive from St. Louis if its in September or later and ~3 hours or less.
View Quote

We always have first timers at Benchrest. They will have a new shooter meeting before squading up to make sure everything is explained correctly.  Pretty easy, just be safe, that is the only concern  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I have only been to one 3gun match that nobody raised their hand when the question was asked at the shooters meeting.

I doubt you will find a sport that is more welcoming to beginners than an outlaw 3gun.
As Kurt said, as long as your safe(don't point your gun at those not shooting) ask questions about anything you want to know.

When squading, let them know you want to be near the end of the stack, so you can watch others run the stage.

HAVE FUN

BTW we're about 2-2.5 hours from the Arch ( depending on your driving habits)
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#9]
bump bump bump

3gun is the best gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top