Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2014 7:55:20 PM EDT
And for the first time in my life, carried concealed.  I had to admit, it was pretty easy.  Carried all night tonight, no issues, no printing, no fingers pointing.  Although I really need to get a couple more things:
-an IWB holster ( I was using a kydex OWB holster from DSG, worked great with my G19 and an overshirt, but with the weather today, yeah, I need something else)
-a magazine carrier ( I carried an extra mag in my front right pocket, but it would shift around with my wallet and keys)

I didn't feel like Billy BA, but I was definitely trying to be more aware of my surroundings.  It felt good to take some responsibility for myself and my family's safety and well-being.

I know, CSB and all that.  

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh my really nothing to post on u tube no one notice or cared. Color me shocked.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]

The first time carrying in the real world is ... different. You expect everyone is looking, it's SO obvious, someone's going to scream, "OMG! A GUN!" ... but they aren't. They don't. They won't.

I first carried a 5" 1911. After that, the pocket guns are... easy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah yes....I remember my first time.  

My wife brought in the mail and there was my out of state permit.  I grabbed my son and my full size M&P and we headed out to Home Depot.  

Man that was a great feeling.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:50:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My wife brought in the mail and there was my out of state permit.  I grabbed my son and my full size M&P and we headed out to Home Depot.  

View Quote

I took off to Wal Mart. Was a weird feeling back then....

Yesterday I decided I'm only going to open carry from now on . I put on my G26 and headed out to Wally World to get some odds and ends from the grocery section , so did that then looked over the TV's on my way to Automotive where I'd parked . I don't usually take other stuff to Auto to checkout, but I just had some beer and dry goods so figured why not.... No problems at all. Got my stuff and went on my way.

After that I went to  Lowes, Menards and Westlake's looking for a damn T8 bulb that was 36" long (who knew they were so rare ? ) for my Grama's china hutch . Finally found it after talking to a gal at Menards who worked there. After that I went to Culver's to eat, and then headed home.

No drawdowns, no cops, no dirty looks. It was almost as if I had merely went out ....shopping.

The only time I will CCW anymore is in bars or somewhere it HAS to be hidden .

Good on OP for carrying , it gets easier and pretty soon you won't even know you had it on all day .

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:00:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yesterday I decided I'm only going to open carry from now on . I put on my G26 and headed out to Wally World to get some odds and ends from the grocery section , so did that then looked over the TV's on my way to Automotive where I'd parked . I don't usually take other stuff to Auto to checkout, but I just had some beer and dry goods so figured why not.... No problems at all. Got my stuff and went on my way.

After that I went to  Lowes, Menards and Westlake's looking for a damn T8 bulb that was 36" long (who knew they were so rare ? ) for my Grama's china hutch . Finally found it after talking to a gal at Menards who worked there. After that I went to Culver's to eat, and then headed home.

No drawdowns, no cops, no dirty looks. It was almost as if I had merely went out ....shopping.

Good on OP for carrying , it gets easier and pretty soon you won't even know you had it on all day .

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the glock is best suited for concealed carry, It's kinda like riding a moped, all kinds of practical, but you don't want your friends to see you with it......:-)
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:39:14 AM EDT
[#6]

You have a point there...lol.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I've appendix carried from day one, so I have never experienced that paranoid feeling.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've appendix carried from day one, so I have never experienced that paranoid feeling.
View Quote

what holster do you use?  i can't sit down with any of my pistols in that position
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And for the first time in my life, carried concealed.  I had to admit, it was pretty easy.  Carried all night tonight, no issues, no printing, no fingers pointing.  Although I really need to get a couple more things:
-an IWB holster ( I was using a kydex OWB holster from DSG, worked great with my G19 and an overshirt, but with the weather today, yeah, I need something else)
-a magazine carrier ( I carried an extra mag in my front right pocket, but it would shift around with my wallet and keys)

I didn't feel like Billy BA, but I was definitely trying to be more aware of my surroundings.  It felt good to take some responsibility for myself and my family's safety and well-being.

Rev_Jason
View Quote

You know, if you position that mag just right, all your wife's friends will be real jealous.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

what holster do you use?  i can't sit down with any of my pistols in that position
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First the holster.  Something very similar to this only zero cant (straight up-n-down):
http://www.vedderholsters.com/quick-draw-owb/

Next is the belt:
http://www.loopbelt.com/square-ring-belt/
Belt worn over the kydex instead of behind the leather. Buckle worn in back.

Worn over your underwear, and under your pants/shorts/sweats/etc, no differently than a belly band.
I ran last year's Turkey Trot with this and an M&P 9c w/ X-Grip and full size mag wearing sweats and a hoodie.

No flopping around.  No sagging. No clips or loops showing with tucked shirt.

Business casual. With a suit.  Playing Golf. Working around the house.  Riding dirt bikes.

No one knows.  Ever.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You know, if you position that mag just right, all your wife's friends will be real jealous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rev_Jason

Lol, I had my wife take a look at me and try and see where I was carrying, and she looked at my pocket and said, "Is that where you're carrying?"

I said, "No, that's my wallet, keys and extra mag."  I wish I had been a little quicker on the wit with something like, "Well, that's my gun, but that's not my Glock..."

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

First the holster.  Something very similar to this only zero cant (straight up-n-down):

Next is the belt:

Worn over your underwear, and under your pants/shorts/sweats/etc, no differently than a belly band.
I ran last year's Turkey Trot with this and an M&P 9c w/ X-Grip and full size mag wearing sweats and a hoodie.

Business casual. With a suit.  Playing Golf. Working around the house.  Riding dirt bikes.

No one knows.  Ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next is the belt:

No one knows.  Ever.

How do you sit without it jabbing you in the thigh or your junk?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#14]
The gun sits higher than my junk.

I don't have a gut.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yesterday I decided I'm only going to open carry from now on .

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope to not see any videos of you on YouTube in a dispute with the Police on whether you're doing anything wrong or not and its your right...

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats Rev. One question, are you a left handed shooter? The reason I as is putting your extra mag in a right handed pocket means you will need to shift the gun from right to left if you are a right handed shooter to retrieve the mag. Just wondering and great that you have joined the dark side.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]
No, but what I am is a doofus.  Apparently, I cannot tell my left hand from my right...

I'm right handed, and the mag was carried in my LEFT pocket.  And yes, I'm enjoying my time here in the dark side.  I like the cookies!

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:38:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hope to not see any videos of you on YouTube in a dispute with the Police on whether you're doing anything wrong or not and its your right...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You won't . OC'ers are not a problem as far as I can tell. If someone is open carrying they have zero intentions of doing anything bad. Cops know that .
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Festus, I am curious as to the AO in which you open-carry. Big city or ???

View Quote

Jeff City. I've been with him a few times when he OC's. He actually gets compliments for doing so. I've OC'd a few times and no issues here either.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You won't . OC'ers are not a problem as far as I can tell. If someone is open carrying they have zero intentions of doing anything bad. Cops know that .

Jefferson City, Columbia and California mainly. There was just an open carry lunch Saturday in Columbia at Golden Corral (I was not able to attend due to previous commitment) that had ~12-15 folks who were welcomed by staff and asked to come back for the next one.  

If you have a pistol on (I'm not talking long guns) and act normal, there aren't any problems at all.

They do get irritated when I am buying shells at Wal Mart and I test fit them first though......
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I had thought of OC'ing until I got my CCW license, but as of right now, I don't have a retention holster, and I really don't feel like buying a Serpa.  I don't know, I mean, on the one hand, to be able to just strap on my Glock and walk around with it seems great, and I've always made a point of seeing someone while I work OC'ing to talk about it ( I work for a gas station chain here in the Sfield area).  I've only ever encountered one person that made my head go "Derp".  He truly was trying to act like Billy BA.  And it made my head hurt.  

OTOH, I'd think I'd rather be the "grey man" and go about somewhat unnoticed.  That's why I need to get an IWB.  I'd love to get a Supertuck, or if I can, I'd love an Incog, just for the versatility.  Until then, I need to save some pennies.  And also try and take a class.  And get my wife shooting more.  And while I'm wishing, I might as well as wish for a pony.  

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had thought of OC'ing until I got my CCW license, but as of right now, I don't have a retention holster, and I really don't feel like buying a Serpa.  I don't know, I mean, on the one hand, to be able to just strap on my Glock and walk around with it seems great, and I've always made a point of seeing someone while I work OC'ing to talk about it ( I work for a gas station chain here in the Sfield area).  I've only ever encountered one person that made my head go "Derp".  He truly was trying to act like Billy BA.  And it made my head hurt.  

OTOH, I'd think I'd rather be the "grey man" and go about somewhat unnoticed.  That's why I need to get an IWB.  I'd love to get a Supertuck, or if I can, I'd love an Incog, just for the versatility.  Until then, I need to save some pennies.  And also try and take a class.  And get my wife shooting more.  And while I'm wishing, I might as well as wish for a pony.  

Rev_Jason
View Quote

Keep an eye on www.crossbreedseconds.com to save a little coin.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No, but what I am is a doofus.  Apparently, I cannot tell my left hand from my right...

I'm right handed, and the mag was carried in my LEFT pocket.  And yes, I'm enjoying my time here in the dark side.  I like the cookies!

Rev_Jason
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I carried 4 pistols at once just to see if I could.
I have one of those shirt with the under arm holsters sewn in, I had a M&P 9c under each arm, a M&P shield at 1:00 and the full size M&P9 at 11.
If I had an ankle holster I'd of added another, nobody noticed a thing.
I giggled.

And yeah I like M&P's
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have one of those shirt with the under arm holsters sewn in, I had a M&P 9c under each arm, a M&P shield at 1:00 and the full size M&P9 at 11.
I giggled.

And yeah I like M&P's
View Quote

Dude you would have been carrying more weight in guns then you weigh.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Which is why I didn't carry any spare mags.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:41:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Next is the belt:

No one knows.  Ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next is the belt:

No one knows.  Ever.

Slight derail, and then I'll get on topic.  If you saw some asshole running the turkey trot in boots with a rucksack, you just had a johnnycarcinogen sighting.

I CC a G17 in an OWB retention holster most days.  I usually buy my shirts one size too large to pull this off.  And, well, kinda hide my gut.

I also OC the same.  It is weather/situation dependent.  As the temperatures get cooler, I tend to wear long sleeve shirts, which I always tuck in to my pants.  I've never gotten as much as a second glance in Springfield when I OC.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Slight derail, and then I'll get on topic.  If you saw some asshole running the turkey trot in boots with a rucksack, you just had a johnnycarcinogen sighting.

I CC a G17 in an OWB retention holster most days.  I usually buy my shirts one size too large to pull this off.  And, well, kinda hide my gut.

I also OC the same.  It is weather/situation dependent.  As the temperatures get cooler, I tend to wear long sleeve shirts, which I always tuck in to my pants.  I've never gotten as much as a second glance in Springfield when I OC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next is the belt:

No one knows.  Ever.

Springfield's Turkey Trot ?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The fastest reload is a second gun.  Or a third.  Or a fourth.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fastest reload is a second gun.  Or a third.  Or a fourth.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I giggled.

And yeah I like M&P's
View Quote

You a crazy man......

And I like it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

the New York reload FTW!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:37:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

the New York reload FTW!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the New York reload FTW!

It was the New York, Chicago and Philadelphia reload.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top