Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2014 6:09:24 AM EDT
Where has all the handgun powder gone? first it's ammo, then primers, bullets, now that I got them, powder in the area seems nonexistant.  Looking for Winchester WSF, or universal clays, or power pistol, or really anything else that can be used. anyone seen any?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Any of the "Clays" powders from Hodgdon are almost unobtainium.   Hodgdon says there are problems at the manufacturing facility in Australia.

Shotgun powders are also difficult to find.  I have had a jug of Unique on order since mid January.  Reports on trapshooters and shotgunworld indicate some powders are starting to show up.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/427544_No_powder_shortage_here_.html

It seems you can get almost anything you want at Camp Perry.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I feel your pain.  First there was no 5.56/.223 and everyone said it was going to Afghanistan and Iraq.  I decided to get a .22 adapter and shoot .22.  Then there was no .22.  I decided to get into reloading.  Now there is no powder.

I told my wife the other day that if I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was a conspiracy...
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel your pain.  First there was no 5.56/.223 and everyone said it was going to Afghanistan and Iraq.  I decided to get a .22 adapter and shoot .22.  Then there was no .22.  I decided to get into reloading.  Now there is no powder.

I told my wife the other day that if I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was a conspiracy...
View Quote

I'm with you brother, I can't seem to get ahead of the curve, oh well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

On the bright side, .223/5.56 seems to be widely available again

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

SO! It's your fault! You're causing the shortages! LOL!

Brian
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
where have you been?     powder has been non-existent for awhile

I'm down to like 4lbs of Winchester WSF for 9mm to finish out the rest of this 3gun season. I may have to start scaling back a little, and thats BS!
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do us a favor.  Don't get involved in anything else gun related or THAT might dry up as well!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Pistol powder has been virtually unobtainable for quite some time. I'm down to bottom of my last 4# keg of 231. It's not just St Louis, as far as I can tell it is a national occurrence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top