Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 2:17:43 PM EDT
... I can drink a whole bottle of bourbon now right?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Man there are some sick puppies around here. I dont want to even think about having to start cutting grass so soon for this year.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell me about it. Just finished my second time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a date with my mower Thursday.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]

My wife LOVES to mow, AND run the weed eater
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My two of my best friends Own/Run a Lawn co, they've done mine twice already, including the leaves...

I love coming home smelling the fresh cut grass and seeing big ass Walk Behind tracks down the yard...  

Wish I had my own 48"+ Hydro with a Velkie or some stand on, their actually fun to get loose on...
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I mowed the backyard tonight.  Was dreading trying to start my old rider, usually means a Springtime overhaul to get it ready.
Not this year, filled 'er up with fresh gas, checked the oil and tires and after a bit of choke magic, she fired right up.  

First mowing was more to knock down the purple clover, and mulch up some left over leaves.  

Finished off the night with some nice sirloins and a dip in the hot tub as the sun went down.  

Great night!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:02:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine should have been done already, but I'm stalling.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My two of my best friends Own/Run a Lawn co, they've done mine twice already, including the leaves...

I love coming home smelling the fresh cut grass and seeing big ass Walk Behind tracks down the yard...  

Wish I had my own 48"+ Hydro with a Velkie or some stand on, their actually fun to get loose on...
View Quote

Come on out smullen and you can ride behind my 36" Walk behind and cut my field. I'll even let you use the sulky.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Come on out smullen and you can ride behind my 36" Walk behind and cut my field. I'll even let you use the sulky.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such a nice guy!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Such a nice guy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such a nice guy!

Hey!  He can tow a couple targets behind him and we can get in a little moving target practice.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hey!  He can tow a couple targets behind him and we can get in a little moving target practice.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such a nice guy!

I was gonna say I would remember to bring ammo for an event like that, but smullen is a pretty damn cool guy..
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#12]
A couple of replies here. No smullen cant. Because chances are he would want to use my work mower. I need it. I know how you guys shoot. For example disable the motor and watch smullen scamper.

And here is his reply to him being out there towing targets. " Negative ghostrid er. Pattern is full".
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ah, it good to see I am not the only one procrastinating.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A couple of replies here. No smullen cant. Because chances are he would want to use my work mower. I need it. I know how you guys shoot. For example disable the motor and watch smullen scamper.

And here is his reply to him being out there towing targets. " Negative ghostrid er. Pattern is full".
View Quote

Yea, I'ma say Negative to that...  Seen most or alot of'em shoot...

I need all my parts...

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I need all my parts...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need all my parts...

Whatamattau?

No want any extra holes?

And here I was thinking I was Tom Sawyer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but today was my day.  

Your turn...

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Well the weather was nice and a good number of other people had left 4 hours into the shift. I got itchy and took off 2 hours early myself. Got home and dragged the mower out. Had to pump up one tire. Went up to the mower shop and got a oil filter a couple of plugs and some oil. Got the front yard cut and started to clean up around the pond some. Tomorrow the back yard and some more around the pond.

Its all you guys fault. Ya all just had to start this stuff with cutting the grass. Now the wife expects me to get out there and do like wise. years ago when we had little ones at the house I could put off cutting the grass so we could hide the Easter eggs. But no kids or grand kids, so the wife expects the grass to be cut, LOL.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I resisted as long as I could, but it needed to be done. Possibility of rain again Sunday, so I wanted to do it before the ground gets any softer. My chickens can find more stuff to eat this way too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#19]
3 to mow tomorrow, the Mrs likes when I get my mowing tan.lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well the weather was nice and a good number of other people had left 4 hours into the shift. I got itchy and took off 2 hours early myself. Got home and dragged the mower out. Had to pump up one tire. Went up to the mower shop and got a oil filter a couple of plugs and some oil. Got the front yard cut and started to clean up around the pond some. Tomorrow the back yard and some more around the pond.

Its all you guys fault. Ya all just had to start this stuff with cutting the grass. Now the wife expects me to get out there and do like wise. years ago when we had little ones at the house I could put off cutting the grass so we could hide the Easter eggs. But no kids or grand kids, so the wife expects the grass to be cut, LOL.
View Quote

Sorry, I think I skipped all of September - Tuesday.. so don't hate me
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:35:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I resisted as long as I could, but it needed to be done. Possibility of rain again Sunday, so I wanted to do it before the ground gets any softer. My chickens can find more stuff to eat this way too.
View Quote

Mowed mine yesterday. I think I have the same mower as you.
Had to jump start it with my truck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine's a YTH2348.

I had to recharge my battery last year, so then I kept running it occasionally during the Winter to avoid that problem.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Mine's a YTH2348.

I had to recharge my battery last year, so then I kept running it occasionally during the Winter to avoid that problem.
View Quote

Have to remember that next year. Mine is a YTH21K46. It started right up once I hooked up the jumper cables.
I need to get the blades sharpened and have the deck lift mechanism looked at. Something broke on it last year. I fixed it with some bailing wire. Works but seems I'm stuck at one height.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Got the wife doing it now. While I'm drinking ice tea and looking at arfcom on the iPad
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Had to cut mine.  My yard is well watered by a creek that runs through the neighbor hood when it rains.  The ground stays moist except in the hottest parts of summer.  I had a thick yard to cut already.  I hate mowing.

Link Posted: 5/5/2014 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Just cut mine again. It was deep, and still a bit wet.

Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just cut mine again. It was deep, and still a bit wet.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/qwertyup/media/Temporary/2014-5-5Grass.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/qwertyup/Temporary/2014-5-5Grass.jpg</a>
View Quote

Yup had to do mine for the second time.. Ugh

And I have to do my parent next weekend.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Did my hay field that I call a yard for 2nd time on Saturday, since all the rain finally stopped for a couple days, and Deck Belt went south on me. Took deck off to replace belt and realized that I had installed all 3 blades upside down. Flipped them over into correct position and did notice that the grass was being thrown out much better. One of those dumbass moments.

Got to backyard and attached my 400# lawn roller I use while mowing to flatten some of the mole tunnels while ground was still a little soft.

Today I attached my grader blade and went over the driveway to fill in some ruts and knock down the center hump.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did my hay field that I call a yard for 2nd time on Saturday, since all the rain finally stopped for a couple days, and Deck Belt went south on me. Took deck off to replace belt and realized that I had installed all 3 blades upside down. Flipped them over into correct position and did notice that the grass was being thrown out much better. One of those dumbass moments.

Got to backyard and attached my 400# lawn roller I use while mowing to flatten some of the mole tunnels while ground was still a little soft.

Today I attached my grader blade and went over the driveway to fill in some ruts and knock down the center hump.
View Quote

Nah, you were testing 'grass vortices' or some shit nothing was upside down
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've got a small erosion ditch in mine, from all the rain runoff.

Link Posted: 5/6/2014 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I have already cut one client's 4 times (once a week).
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Over achiever. LOL
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Over achiever. LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over achiever. LOL

Money talk's my brother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top