BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/13/2013 3:33:41 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a dupe.

From the NRA Legislative Alert:

Yesterday, state Representatives Rory Ellinger (D-86) and Jill Schupp (D-88) introduced House Bill 545, anti-gun legislation that would turn many law-abiding gun owners into felons. HB 545 would ban the possession, sale, transfer or manufacture of certain semi-automatic rifles and magazines that are capable of holding more than ten rounds.

HB 545 contains no grandfather clauses. Therefore, under HB 545, if you are currently in possession of the semi-automatic rifles and magazines outlined in this bill, you will have 90 days from the effective date of this legislation to surrender, destroy or remove these currently lawful items from Missouri. If you fail to do so, you could be charged with a Class C felony if this legislation is passed and enacted into law.

Compelling law-abiding citizens to surrender their firearms and magazines is unconstitutional, wrong and another failed attempt to reduce crime. Criminals—by definition—violate laws, especially gun control laws. They will never surrender their firearms, or comply with any gun control scheme. HB 545 would only affect the lawful, while ignoring the actual problem of violent criminals who misuse firearms.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have written our response.

FUCK
OFF

WILL NOT COMPLY
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

FUCK
OFF

WILL NOT COMPLY

Then you spoke for me also . I don't need to send anything .
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Both are big city democrats imagine that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK
OFF

WILL NOT COMPLY

Yep, me too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have alcohol and a whole lot of don't give a fuck, bring it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We may as well start making moonshine too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got that email too.  Outrageous!  

I will be writing letters tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Before any of you guys pop the PMags ( if DSG has delivered them yet ) , I'll be the first to go on record saying this is DEAD . I want to see the committee that gets it though . Should be interesting . I may have to go to this hearing too .
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK
OFF

WILL NOT COMPLY

Yep, me too.

I hope you all are joking.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Non issue, MO is heading the other direction.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree, but still take NOTHING for granted
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I agree, but still take NOTHING for granted

+1.  I'm firing off a couple emails anyway.
Every time I think we're good, I remember... there sits Claire McCaskill.  Again.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother ianal deputy and says I can do thus legally.  I told him he is nuts.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Missouri allows distillation for non-commercial purposes for up to 100 gallon per year... however, the feds will raid your anus.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we're going to be felons anyway lets make something profitable. Meth, machine guns, sex slaves(no midgets), and we can go fishing with stolen dynamite.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Missouri allows distillation for non-commercial purposes for up to 100 gallon per year... however, the feds will raid your anus.
That's why you make ethanol for your vehicles. One must take a taste test to ensure quality control before adding non edible chemicals to the ethanol.

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we're going to be felons anyway lets make something profitable. Meth, machine guns, sex slaves(no midgets), and we can go fishing with stolen dynamite.

Begging your pardon sir but,there is plenty of market for midget sex slaves.

Que eric10mm
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry if this is a dupe.

Yesterday, state Representatives Rory Ellinger (D-86) and Jill Schupp (D-88) introduced House Bill 545...

Easterners.

Snuck across from ILL.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the email as well, and while MO Republicans currently hold a veto proof majority, I agree with the above poster who said to take nothing for granted. Emails being sent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Begging your pardon sir but,there is plenty of market for midget sex slaves.

Que eric10mm

How did you get into my web history????
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#21]
As my Grandfather used to say...

This has a "snowballs chance in hell" of passing.

Regardless... E-mails have been sent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#22]
i just watch Colorado die last night. HELL NO. I did not mvoe back ot California for a reason! I woudln't comply anyway... stilll I sent an email to my rep as well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Ellinger also sponsored the decriminalize pot law. You can smoke weed, but don't put a "don't burn your finger" thingy on a gun   barrel shroud
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#25]
In the words of Cartman... "Suck my balls!"

To the people presenting this bill of course...
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can't we just slap the stupid out of them?  

Maybe with a 1911 .
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I urge you to vote NO on HB545.
Stop the attempt to turn law abiding citizens into criminals.
These laws have no effect on crime, as criminals already ignore the many, MANY laws that already exist on the books.
Adding more will not change this & only harm citizens in one fashion or another.
Please take into consideration what "Shall not be infringed" means.
Again, vote NO on HB545.

Voter,
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got this reply from [email protected],

It is impossible for me to remove my name from a bill that had alrady been filed and only the sponsor of the bill can w/draw the bill.  The bill has very little chance, if any, of being heard in Committee and therefore, the bill will not be voted upon by the Legislature. Thanks.

I didn't ask to remove her name, Just to drop support.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:22:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Soooo would these two be worthy of the "Democrap" title and can I say that here?

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:58:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Soooo would these two be worthy of the "Democrap" title and can I say that here?

I can think of more fitting names myself...
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes . But I'm sure they are needed for something that another organization is trying to get pushed through.

DEMOCRAP .
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#33]
We are (hopefully) going to get another one.

I am about 90% sure I will be running for the state house in 14.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Vote sseagle!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vote sseagle!

Sick and fucking tired of going to vote and having five unopposed offices to vote for.
Shit I'm only like a year older than my current rep, too bad you all don't live in this ghetto ;)
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sorry if this is a dupe.

Yesterday, state Representatives Rory Ellinger (D-86) and Jill Schupp (D-88) introduced House Bill 545, anti-gun legislation that would turn many law-abiding gun owners into felons. HB 545 would ban the possession, sale, transfer or manufacture of certain semi-automatic rifles and magazines that are capable of holding more than ten rounds.

HB 545 contains no grandfather clauses. Therefore, under HB 545, if you are currently in possession of the semi-automatic rifles and magazines outlined in this bill, you will have 90 days from the effective date of this legislation to surrender, destroy or remove these currently lawful items from Missouri. If you fail to do so, you could be charged with a Class C felony if this legislation is passed and enacted into law.

Compelling law-abiding citizens to surrender their firearms and magazines is unconstitutional, wrong and another failed attempt to reduce crime. Criminals—by definition—violate laws, especially gun control laws. They will never surrender their firearms, or comply with any gun control scheme. HB 545 would only affect the lawful, while ignoring the actual problem of violent criminals who misuse firearms.

Y'all MO boys can always move south to AR... :-)
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#37]
I sent all the sponsors a FU email. Here is the first reply from Jill Schupp
Thank you for taking the time to email me with your concerns about HB 545.
The use and/or restriction of various types of guns and ammunition magazines is an appropriate discussion in light of the multitude of people throughout our nation dying as a result of gun violence or accident.  
In our wonderful democracy, we are able, indeed encouraged to take on the difficult issues of our time, even when doing so upsets some people.  The putting forward of this legislation encourages the discussion to be had. Should Speaker of the Missouri House, Tim Jones, choose to move this legislation forward, a public discussion will take place.  
Regardless of whether we agree, and even to what degree, we cannot be a state or nation that quashes the voices of those who choose to have the debate.  The only impetus for debate in the State House is through the filing of legislation.
I ask that you respect my right to ask for consideration as I do yours to participate in the discussion.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#38]
It just goes to show. Not even STUPID can be fixed with duct tape, chewing gum and a hammer.
Between the intelligence of politicians and teachers we are all screwed in this day and age.
Society is going down hill.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you got against midgets....

they need love and cash too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[If we're going to be felons anyway lets make something profitable. Meth, machine guns, sex slaves(no midgets), and we can go fishing with stolen dynamite.

What you got against midgets....

they need love and cash too.

I am pro little person also.  Don't go trying to infinge on my rights to be a freak.

On topic....Emailed my rep, FU emails sent to the morons that came up with this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#41]
And just when did this nation become a democracy?

She really is stupid!

Quoted:
The use and/or restriction of various types of guns and ammunition magazines is an appropriate discussion in light of the multitude of people throughout our nation dying as a result of gun violence or accident.  
In our wonderful democracy, we are able, indeed encouraged to take on the difficult issues of our time, even when doing so upsets some people.  The putting forward of this legislation encourages the discussion to be had. Should Speaker of the Missouri House, Tim Jones, choose to move this legislation forward, a public discussion will take place.  
Regardless of whether we agree, and even to what degree, we cannot be a state or nation that quashes the voices of those who choose to have the debate.  The only impetus for debate in the State House is through the filing of legislation.
I ask that you respect my right to ask for consideration as I do yours to participate in the discussion.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So it WAS a canned response.  Fuck her then.  I got an email that had like 3 or 4 paragraphs and one was the one you quoted.  I can't believe we can't even get a decent response from our elected officials anymore.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Seriously, this will never pass.

BUT, what is your plan if it does? Set up your house as a bunker and kill all those trying to take your guns?
Turn them in?
Move them out of state?

What would you personally do if this passes?

"Something, something...cold dead fingers...?"
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Surely Missouri isnt this over run with Liberal Democrat shit heads right? Tell me it isnt so please....................
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Seriously, this will never pass.

BUT, what is your plan if it does? Set up your house as a bunker and kill all those trying to take your guns?
Turn them in?
Move them out of state?

What would you personally do if this passes?

"Something, something...cold dead fingers...?"

It'd start a war man... I cant move nor do I want to. Molon Labe? Join the Missouri Militia?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Appropriate reply - Thank you for your explination.  In fact, your attempt to spark discussion reminds me of another I believe should be had in our state.  I believe that women shouldn't be allowed to serve in office, and in should in fact be required to stay in the kitchen for at least 8 hours per day.  Ridiculous, right?  No more so than blatant display of ignorance known as HB 545.  

BTW, this woman ran UNOPPOSED in the last election.  We need to do what we can to make sure that doesn't happen in the next.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Y'all MO boys can always move south to AR... :-)

No thanks, I can only handle so much goat fuckin  
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You got my vote! This is bullshit...Even if it wont pass...These Dems actually want to confiscate. The Horn has been blown in Missouri...
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Here is the next reply from Rochelle Gray
You should know that, Missouri has a super majority Republican Legislature.  The bill is NOT going to be referred to a Committee to be heard or voted upon by the Legislators and if it does, somehow get referred...it would NOT have the votes to pass.

This begs the question of why even co-sponsor it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here is the next reply from Rochelle Gray
You should know that, Missouri has a super majority Republican Legislature.  The bill is NOT going to be referred to a Committee to be heard or voted upon by the Legislators and if it does, somehow get referred...it would NOT have the votes to pass.

This begs the question of why even co-sponsor it?

So they can say "look, I tried to do something" to all their anti friends
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top