Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2012 11:46:31 AM EDT
...Buying a gun
We recently got our CCW permits together. I've been carrying for a good 2 months now, and we decided to start looking for a gun she could carry. I have a XD40 Subcompact as my carry gun, and while she could get away with carrying it, she wanted something a little smaller. So we went to Cabela's to check some out and see the sizes, feel the trigger pull, etc... We looked at the Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard, and the LC9. Out of those, she really liked the LC9. The sights were horrible for her on the LCP, and the Bodyguard's trigger pull she didn't like at all. Just for kicks, I asked to see the Sig P238, another small .380ACP pistol. She loved the sights, it was substantially smaller the LC9, and the trigger pull was the best out of any of the others by far. Mainly because it is a 1911 baby and has a safety/single action trigger. We didn't love the price of $700+ tax+ shipping to MO+ FFL fee . So we left Cabela's with a couple of options in mind. After a little prying, she told me she REALLY liked the Sig, everything felt the best for her with it. It was just the price... 4 hours later and a quick search on GunBroker....

She bought a Sig P238 I found her a pretty decent deal on one, especially compared to Cabela's price. NIB all black with night sights and 1 mag for $540 to the door after shipping and FFL. Probly not the best deal, but still pretty good. Most important part is that she's happy, and it will be something that she is actually going to carry, not let sit. Heard her talking to her dad later that night saying she got a "cute little gun"...

At least now she doesn't have much room to complain about how expensive my guns are Got 2K rounds coming in the mail, gotta start practicing!
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done!  My wife's pining after a p238 Rainbow.  Should run ~$670 or so + s/h and transfer.  After that one shows up I'm cleared to get the RIA Tactical.  Should be a good Christmas this year, unless bonuses come in for this quarter but I don't have a lot of hope on that front.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
AR15.COM, REPORT.

Mods, please lock OP.

OP FAILED

No pictures of girlfriend.

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll see if I can't get a pic of her shooting it once we get it next week
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Good job!

Now about those pics?
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Totally thought that was going somewhere else....

My wife just had her first time too. And surprisingly loved it. Now wants a glock and a Bersa  380
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
other pics will do?

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Giggidy
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF ??

No pictures ?

THREAD FAIL.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Give me a week!! Lol I'll get some of her shooting
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
f5, f5, f5, f5...
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Due to the request of many, here is a picture of the GF with her new toy...

Since I have not seen too many of you all post them up, I'll consider this thread an epic WIN. Sorry 1911Smith, no fail here.

And no, there are no earplugs, it was after we had been shooting. But I'm sure you all weren't looking for those were you...

ETA- it's upright on photobucket, idk why it's not on here!
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Your women has a VERY NICE grip! She seemed really nice when we met at the gun show....Get her out to the fall shoot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Do like!  

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Your women has a VERY NICE grip! She seemed really nice when we met at the gun show....Get her out to the fall shoot.

Dammit Chad, she doesn't know about the others!! Don't tip her off!!

And yes, her grip is quite nice... Hope she doesn't see this!
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Good job man

I just assumed 64 was when you were born.....I'm guessing now that it is now but if so congrats
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Good job man

I just assumed 64 was when you were born.....I'm guessing now that it is now but if so congrats

Haha not quite 64... Closer to 88 Hell, I'm still in school for 2-3 more years! But thank you, she's a great girl for putting up with me and my spending on firearm related things. She's kinda enjoying it now too tho!
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Nicely done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top